Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
In Las Vegas
Thursday. 12.21.06 1:20 am
I arrived right on schedule. It took no time to get my bags either; unlike last time we were waiting at baggage claim for almost an hour. Once we were on the road, my mom asked me where I wanted to eat and finally I decided on Arby's. I was trying to think of something that wasn't right by my apartment, but I didn't really want Sonic, Taco Bell or In & Out Burger {they were packed anyway, so that wasn't really an option either way}.

When we got to my mom's house, I brought my stuff in, and immediately the cat decided he was going to get reacquainted with the suitcase. For some odd reason my sister's cat likes suitcases. Maybe its cuz of all the times we've moved, he just got used to it. Oh well.

Jean {mom's roommate} made her famous Tater Tot Casserole. It was pretty good, though I probably would have enjoyed it more had my stomach not been so full from Arby's. {I had two beef and cheddars, some curly fries and some mozz stix ~I was hungry~} I'm pretty sure there's left overs though, so maybe I'll have some tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, we're going down the strip. We've got plans. I'm not going to state the exact plans just in case my sister happens to get on tonight and read my blog. I'll explain more probably tomorrow night. All I'm going to say is that it requires a casual dress, and its going to involve going down the Strip to one of the casinos. I'm looking forward to it.

Anywho, I can't think of anything else to say right now. Today was basically just a day to get settled in. I'll have more to write as the days go by.

Comment! (5) | Recommend!

at the airport
Wednesday. 12.20.06 2:08 pm
Well, I've made it to the airport. I'm sitting here extremely bored out of my mind. I have an hour and 45 minutes till my flight leaves.

Lance showed up really early this morning. He had apparently set his alarm wrong. So he hung out while I finished getting ready. I pretty much had everything packed by the time he had arrived. So I read another chapter in Twilight while he watched TV. Afterwards, we decided to wrestle around a bit. He kept kicking me off my own couch, but I retaliated everytime. It was fun.

We left around 11:20am, stopped so that he could get gas and headed off to the airport. I didn't want to be here 2 hours early cuz then I really would have to sit around doing nothing. Traffic wasn't bad and even leaving later than originally planned, I'm still here 2 hours early.

Security check is a pain in the ass. I wasn't allowed to keep my lotion cuz it was too big of a bottle. I don't mind having to take off my shoes, but then I had to seperate my laptop, and the other smaller bottles of liquid {a small bottle of hand lotion and A&D ointment for my tattoo}. Oh and my purse and cell phone. Ugh. I hate the terroists and the fact they screwed up security so badly.

Lance is going to be picking me up agian when I arrive back. He was the only one who has taken me to the airport who has helped me with my bags. I've flown out of Tuscon 3 other times and no one bothered to help. I didn't ask for it, so they couldn't refuse, but I mean its sort of curtiousy to help. Whatever. I liked that Lance actually helped.

I'm trying to think of stuff to say.... Oh, my mom was funny. She had told her boss that I was flying in today so she had to leave work early to pick me up from the airport. She 'accidentally' failed to mention that I wasn't flying in till 2. Which meant that she technically didn't have to leave work until around noon or 1. Well, she wanted me to text or call her when I got to the Tucson airport so that she could use that as an excuse to leave early, which I had no problem doing. I thought it was pretty funny.

Anywho, I think I'm out of stuff to say. I leave in an hour and a half. I'm going to be bored for the rest of the time here. I'll try and get some entries in while I'm out in Vegas. Which shouldn't be an issue. The only thing is they might be later at night, rather than during the day. Oh well. I'll be writing either way. Next time I write I'll be in Vegas!

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Almost ready...
Wednesday. 12.20.06 12:09 am
I'm almost ready to leave. I finally packed my suitcase... at 9:45pm. I'm not quite done yet either. I haven't packed my carry on bag {its going to be holding my laptop, so I can't really pack it yet}. I pretty much know what's going into it though so it shouldn't be an issue come tomorrow morning.

I got my hair cut. Its not obviously layered; the layers are mostly at the ends. It is shorter, though. I don't think its obvious to anyone else, but its very obvious to me. Its alright, I guess. It'll grow back.

I got my Cingular check cashed. I have cash again. Its not to be spent until I get to Vegas though. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make the money last through the whole trip.

Lance stopped by tonight. I wasn't expecting it. It was just out of the blue, like before. He hung out for about an hour and a half. He'll be back tomorrow morning to take me to the airport. There's still a small amount of feelings for him, that I don't think will ever go away, but for the most part I'm over him. I still have the ability to turn him on. . . I couldn't help but notice. And the urge to kiss him is easier to resist. I think I'm in good shape.

I've found that I've been watching a wide variety of movies lately. And all of them being on network television. Its kinda sad that there are more movies on the networks than there are on the movie channels. Tonight's selection is Back to the Future. An awesome movie. Its almost over. Doc is hanging from the clock tower and Marty is trying to start the time machine. There's about 20 minutes left, if even that.

Alright, I don't know what else to write for tonight so I'll end this here. I'll probably have time to type up an entry when I'm at the airport tomorrow. So I'll be back on then.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Last full day...
Tuesday. 12.19.06 1:01 pm
Today is my last full day in Tucson for two weeks. I leave tomorrow. My flight leaves at 1:45pm {my time} and lands in Vegas at 2:00pm {their time}. I think its funny how the time zone change makes the hour long flight sound like a 15 minute flight. But then coming back it sounds like its a two hour flight. Oh well.

Today I need to pack {no I still haven't packed yet}, which means I have to dig my suitcase out of the closet and get my apartment ready for the two weeks I'll be gone. I have to take all my trash out, get rid of the perishable stuff in my fridge, make sure my window is closed and locked, that my heat will come on when necessary {this way its not freezing when I get back}, and a bunch of other small things. I probably won't do that till later. I know, I'm such a procrastinator. But what can I say? Its in my nature. {Actually its true. I was born 2 weeks late, so I'm a natural born procrastinator... hehe}

I also need to go to the bank and cash my $500 refund check from Cingular. That'll be the cash I have to spend. That, plus the $500ish I'm allowing myself from my credit card. Its not as much as it sounds though. It'll be gone in no time.

Alright I need to get dressed and get ready to start my day. Today is going to be one of the busiest, relaxing days that I've had in a while. I'll write about how the day went later on tonight.

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

Monday. 12.18.06 10:54 pm
Do you know just how good fresh sliced turkey is? Let me tell ya, its frickin delicious. I wanted to actually eat food from work, and I was really in the mood for a sandwich. Since I had to slice a whole shit ton of turkey, there was some left over so I made myself a sandwich. I lightly toasted the bread, put some mayo on it, put a bunch of turkey, 4 tomatoes, and a small handful of diced red onion. Its awesome.

Anywho, the day was fairly slow. We did more business than it actually felt like we did though. I had a small amount of prep to do. I took my time doing it though. I got the two catering salads done for the party we're catering tomorrow. I won't be there, but I had to do something to help.

Joey came by with the fruits and veggies for the fruit and veggie trays for the Partner's catering order on Wednesday and Thursday. He also left a list of things he needed me to prep for the order. I had 6 1/2 pounds of turkey to slice {I just sliced the whole 7 lb turkey, thus having some left over}. I also had to slice 14.4 pounds of tomatoes {do you have any idea how many tomatoes are required to make 14.4 lbs?!} The last thing that required the slicer was the 13 lbs of shredded lettuce. That required shredding 11 heads of lettuce. Not the easiest thing to clean off a slicer. After that I had to count out 65 meatballs and cut them in half. Joey and Gary took care of the sausage and peppers and onions also required. There's acutally a lot more to prep, but its stuff that'll go bad if prepared too soon.

I'm so unbelievably glad that I don't have to go in to work tomorrow. I will be stopping by there though. By choice only. No requirement what-so-ever. I told Erin I'd stop by so that I can show off my hair. Its going to be slightly shorter and layered. Long layers, but layered none-the-less. And shorter than it is now. I'm also going to be wearing a shirt that will make it easier for me to show off the tattoo.

Speaking of the tattoo, I like the feeling of it being elevated. I can't wait till its completely settled, but I like being able to feel exactly where the different parts of the tattoo begin and end. Weird, I know, but whatever. Everyone seems to be liking it. I'm probably going to be going in in the next month or so to be getting the heart touched up. More color added to it so that its darker and more filled in. Unless you know tattoos, you can't really tell. But I can tell, so I'm going to get it touched up. It itches though. Obviously meaning that its healing, but I have trouble not scratching an itch. Its starting to piss me off. . . grr.

Alright I can't really think of anything else to type. I'll write again tomorrow.

Comment! (2) | Recommend! (1)

One more day of torture
Sunday. 12.17.06 10:39 pm
I have one more day to work before I go on vacation: tomorrow. I'm off on Tuesday so that'll be a somewhat relaxing day. I can sort of sleep in, but not for too long cuz I have my hair appointment at 12:30. But I still have to get through tomorrow before I can think about Tuesday.

Tomorrow, I have to finish ordering the necessary things for the Partners order on Wednesday and Thursday. I also have the normal Monday shit to do. I have the Shamrock order being delivered tomorrow, but it'll be bigger cuz I had to order extra stuff. I also have to do my normal prep stuff. I'm not really looking forward to it. Its going to be a really long day.

Today was definately busy. We were supposed to have 5 people here today, but the 5th person called out sick. It the second time he's found some excuse in the last week to not come in. So much for being a reliable person. We were able to manage alright. The only thing that didn't get done on time was portioning out salad mix. But Tiffany and I stayed a few minutes later to do it.

After work, Tiffany needed to go to to WalMart to buy some Secret Santa things. She asked if I wanted to go with. I decided that since I had nothing better to do, I said okay. So I bought some new earrings and some Ding Dongs. I love Ding Dongs. They're awesome. And the earrings only cuz they were less than $5 for like a set of 8. And, of course, they were cute.

The tattoo got good reactions today. I think that Gary was the only one who saw it and didn't say anything. Everyone else liked it. Even Joe, who lectures about everything, complimented on it. However, he lectured afterwards about why it was a waste of my money. Whatever. I'm sure I'm not the only person who wastes money on useless stuff.

Its interesting taking care of it. I have to wash thoroughly with hot water and antibacterial soap and put A&D ointment on it 5 times a day for 4 days, today included. Which meant that I had to put some on twice while I was at work. I don't have an issue applying it that many times, but the location of the tattoo poses a small problem. Its right inbetween my shoulder blades. I'm just lucky that I can reach every part of my back. Its just slightly more difficult than if the tattoo were on my arm or leg or even lower back. Only three more days of having to do that. Then, I go to washing it with antibacterial soap twice a day and applying fragrance free lotion 5 times a day for 10 days. Two weeks total of intense care. Afterwards, I just have to keep an eye on it.

Right now it hurts whenever I lean backwards, causing the skin to fold, or when I pull the skin tight. I can't wait till that goes away. Or when I can sleep on it without it hurting. So hopefully at some point during the vacation, I should be good.

Anywho, I bought something that I owe to our very own Silver-Dot-. I decided that since I was going to be flying, I needed something to do on the plane. Rather than having to wait after being up in the air for so long before I can turn on my laptop, and then having to turn it off so long before we land again, I bought a book. I bought Twilight, to be exact. I should have plenty of time to get through a good chunk of the book during the hour long flight. And if I ever get bored during the vacation {which is highly doubtful} I'll have something to do.

Alright, I do believe I have other stuff I want to write. however, I am paying way too much attention to the TV. I'm watching How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. Its alright. But I'm paying more attention to the TV. {Five minutes later} So I'm done with this entry for the night.

Comment! (5) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.051seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.