Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
Full blown
Sunday. 3.24.13 8:01 pm
What's the fastest way to get your coworkers to clean? Tell them you're sick. That's also the best way to get them to leave you alone.

I didn't sleep much last night. I woke up a bunch of times not being able to breathe through my nose. The last time I woke up, around 3, I was unable to fall back asleep. I also got sick around 4. I have no idea why my stomach was upset, but I got sick again about an hour in to my shift. I don't feel quite as shitty as I did first thing this morning, but I am definitely sick.

I will be buying Nyquil for sure tomorrow. Work was busy today and the distractions made me forget to stop at the store on my way home. After work was done my only focus was to get home and into something more comfortable than my uniform.

Unless something terribly exciting happens, the next few posts will probably just be me bitching about being sick, so here's your heads up.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

To be or not to be... contagious?
Saturday. 3.23.13 8:01 pm
I can't tell if what I have is a head cold or some newly acquired allergy. I guess I wait to see how long I suffer. A cold will go away. Allergies, not so much. Let the waiting games begin.

This congestion also seems to have affected my typing ability as I have been hitting the backspace button more often than normal. Wonderful.

It'll be nice when my right nasal passage decides to take down it's barricade so that I'm able to breathe through it again. I've been sneezing all day and my eyes' tear ducts are on high alert so they tear up every time I sneeze or almost sneeze. It's most annoying when I'm driving.

On top of this, I started my period a day late so I've got those fun time symptoms going on as well. My body has formed a rebellion against me. I believe this would be the appropriate place to use the acronym FML ... although, I suppose it could be much worse.

Ugh. Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Not again
Friday. 3.22.13 8:51 pm
I feel that way you feel when you have a cold coming on. Time to up my Vitamin C intake again.

This morning I woke up to snow. . . three days in to Spring. Apparently Mother Nature didn't get the memo that Spring started on Wednesday. It didn't last very long, nor did it stick, but it was still funny. My friend up north got about 4" of snow. It would have been funny if that had happened here in the city.

I got some errands run and now I have to start getting ready for bed. I know why I picked up the shift tomorrow, but I still wish I had the day off. Oh well. I have to do laundry tomorrow after work, but other than that, I have no plans so I might nap.

I hope this feeling that I have turns out to be nothing. I don't really want to be sick. Especially if I'm planning on working extra hours starting the end of next week. Guess we'll see what happens.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Damn technology
Thursday. 3.21.13 10:03 pm
This morning started out weird. I woke up with my alarm, but I was very confused as to why it was going off. I could have sworn it was my day off and I had no idea why my alarm was going off, but then I realized it was Thursday, hit the snooze and dozed for another 15 minutes. Gotta love when mornings start out that way.

So I've been having issues with my WiFi working over the last couple days and in my attempt at trying to fix it, I appear to have made it worse. I hit the reset button on my router and now it won't register on my computer. If I plug it in directly, then it registers, but nothing as soon as I unplug it. I asked Jacob if he could come over tomorrow to fix it, but he's sleeping so I probably won't find out till tomorrow.

Until then, I'm directly connected to the wall. At least I know the internet won't give me issues while it's directly connected. The only problem is that, until it's fixed, I won't be able to use WiFi on my phone. Oh well. I have enough data left over for this month. I don't think leaving the network on for a day will make too much of a difference.

The only thing of interest that happened at work today was a leak coming from the OR. It was coming out of the tile and dripping on to the ambulance driveway. The engineer was told it was from a procedure they were doing and it consisted of blood mixed with urine. So basically a bio-hazard. Guess who had to stand outside and guard the area for half an hour until it could be cleaned up? Yeah, moi. It looked like Fruit Punch or something of the same hue, but it was still gross.

Uhm, yeah, I think that's it for today. I get to sleep in tomorrow. Yay! It's the only day I'll be able to until next Friday. Meh. Oh well. At least I know that my next paycheck won't be short a day.

Until tomorrow folks. . .

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

Happy Spring
Wednesday. 3.20.13 7:46 pm
We welcomed Spring with a lot of rain and high winds. Then it turned in to sunshine and high winds. It's fucking windy today.

Work started out interesting. We arrived for day shift to find out that a pipe in the garage had ruptured and water was pouring out like a waterfall. Luckily it was in the garage and not in the building itself. It also flowed in to a drain so there was no pooling to worry about. It took a few hours for the engineers and contractors to get it plugged, but it was interesting so I spent at least a couple of those hours just following the guys around. I pretty much just stayed out of the way and added color commentary. Nothing else of consequence happened once the pipe was plugged up.

So... St. Patrick's Day. The morning started out kind of iffy. I was slightly hung over from the night before. I really need to make sure I drink more water and eat more food when I'm indulging in alcoholic beverages. Also, it seems that the gay bars out here tend to make their drinks a lot stronger than straight bars. It was determined during a discussion we were having at work today.

I digress... I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon just sleeping off and on, making sure I drank water every time I woke up. Shortly before we headed out, I started feeling better, but I knew that I would be sticking to beer so it wouldn't be as bad. Also the funds were limited so there would be no opportunity for excess drinks; not that I had excess the night before ... I only consumed two ... on a nearly empty stomach. . .

We headed out around 6:30ish and got a couple pints of Guinness when we got there. Jacob's friend met up with us about 45 minutes later. If we had known she was going to be that late, we wouldn't have left as early as we did. We stayed and ate some Irish dishes: bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, some kind of pulled lamb sandwich and a black and tan brownie with Guinness ice cream. It was all tasty. I like the bangers and mash and the brownie best. The shepherd's pie was okay. Nothing terribly special.

While we were sitting there enjoying ourselves, this guy stumbled over to our table and made himself comfortable. He apologized, but said he needed a place to sit for a minute. We didn't mind. He introduced himself and we discovered he was from Ireland. His name was Tadhg {pronounced like tiger without the er} and he was a good conversation for a little while before he went off to converse with others. It was pretty cool meeting an Irish person from Ireland on St. Patrick's Day. He came back once more, but didn't stay for very long the second time. He told us he had been drinking since 10 in the morning so by the time he stumbled to our table, he had been drinking for about 10 hours.

After a little while we decided to head over to a different pub. It was around the corner from where we were, but the atmosphere was more enjoyable. More like what I would picture for an Irish pub. Or any pub for that matter. Fado had more of a restaurant feel to it than bar and pub. The Owl'n Thistle was cool, but we only stayed for about an hour. Jacob's friend had to go to work and I decided to hitch a ride with her back home since it's on the way to the highway. Jacob stayed out until the pub closed.

And that was my St. Patrick's Day.

I think this will be the last of the long entries for a while. I picked up an extra shift this weekend to make up for taking this past Sunday off and I'll probably be working quite a bit of overtime next week and the week after. So unless anything exciting happens at work, I won't have much free time to have anything else exciting enough happen to me that I would write about.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Another quick one
Tuesday. 3.19.13 10:34 pm
I was planning on writing out an entry earlier, but the turn around that I had to do for work didn't help my brain function. It was fairly busy at work; a technical malfunction made for a few hectic hours, but all was solved. I was awake then because I had some adrenaline coursing through my system so that I could stay on top of things, especially since the big boss was involved, but once it was all over my brain kind of went back to 'duh' mode and I haven't recovered yet.

I promise I will write about St. Patrick's Day. I do have at least one story to talk about.

Until then, I need sleep. . .

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.024seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.