Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
Friday. 12.4.15 8:06 pm
I'll be on a quest this weekend to find a new touch sensor floor lamp. Mine finally died. It lasted almost 10 years. The lamp itself works, so long as I use the plug in order to turn it off or on. Which is a huge pain in the ass. I may actually end up just buying a couple smaller ones and putting up shelves in the corner. We'll see what the outcome is tomorrow.

I was up in the call center again today. For whatever reason, it's taking way too fucking long for me to get the access that I need so I was sent to do busy work. Monday morning there's already a plan set in motion for me so that I can refresh my memory on doing the other parts of my new position. Something I learned 4 weeks ago and have long since forgotten.

I haven't any plans for Sunday, except the usual laundry, so I'll probably take advantage of that day to just hang around in my pajamas and let my brain rest before I cram more information in to in on Monday.

These daily entries are much nicer because I can update little bits at a time and not overwhelm anyone with super long entries, detailed days/weeks at a time.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

Thursday. 12.3.15 6:13 pm
I still didn't have the access to the one program I need access to, so I took some offline work and went back to the call center to learn about the departments I still don't know yet. At least I felt like I got something out of today.

Tomorrow is finally Friday. I'm meeting a friend for lunch and we're going to be getting Mexican food from this place a bunch of people have been raving about. It has 3 1/2 stars on Yelp, so it's not horrible, but I'm not sure if it'll be as great as everyone I've talked to about it says it is. Which, I'm not super concerned. I'll be getting some decent food with a friend I haven't hung out with in ages. That alone will be worth it.

This is just a quick entry. I'll write more tomorrow. I'm tired and my brain kinda hurts from actually learning things today.

Until then. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

This will be the hardest part
Wednesday. 12.2.15 5:48 pm
Finding a new title every day that isn't just "day x..." or "ugh" or anything of the similar connotation is going to be more challenging than having content to write about.

Today was another day of not having access to things. I was a little more occupied today, however, because I was up and about running errands so that no one else would have to leave the desk. I have a feeling tomorrow will be similar. Although, I may actually be training in scheduling for the new departments that I'm taking on so that'll mean I can be a productive member of the team. We'll see what happens. I'll have to check my email in the morning to see what's going on.

I realized that the plans I'd made for next Saturday had to be canceled because I forgot about mandatory training I had to do for work. It'll be 8 hours of overtime added to the paycheck we get right before Christmas, so that'll be nice, but it's still slightly annoying that I had to cancel plans because I'd forgotten about it. Oh well. It'll be made up at some point.

This weekend, I just found out where we'll be going, and I'm super excited. It's a place called Nothing Bundt Cakes and it's been years since I've been to one! They're delicious! And they have their winter holiday flavors out now, too. Ah, I'll have to be careful not to overindulge.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

New daily challenge
Tuesday. 12.1.15 6:10 pm
Because why not?

I feel like writing every day again. I really have no other reason besides simply wanting to.

Today was day two in the new position. Because I still haven't been granted access to the one program that's most important in my new position, I was still unable to log in to a computer and start working. Instead, I'm literally just sitting there, watching. I try to do as much as I can considering I'm so incredibly limited, but it's ridiculous just how much I can't do. I have a feeling it'll be like this the whole week.

This wouldn't be so bad if I was brand new to this. I'm already half trained on the floor, and I'm trained in the harder parts of it. The most challenging parts that people would have to learn? I'm already on top of it.

Long story short, I'm incredibly bored with my new position. I really hope I have the access I need tomorrow. At least then I can log in on someone's computer and just have them direct me while I do it all.

Anywho, the guy I mentioned in a previous entry? Yeah, that's not gonna go anywhere. I completely blew it by sending a text that would be better explained off if I have been drunk. But no. Not the case. Let's just say I'm the Olympic long jump champion when it comes to overstepping boundaries. I'm just not going to bother texting him anymore. I can't come back from that. I'll just share those kinds of memes with people who would appreciate the sense of humour and that's it.

There is kind of someone else, but that situation is quite complicated so I'm doing my best to stay distant. He does have dogs, though, so if nothing else I want to hang out with him for that reason alone. We'll see what happens. Due to the complexity of it, I'm not holding my breath.

Let's see... this entire month is pretty much booked up. I haven't made any plans for New Year's yet, but with it being on a weekend, I'm definitely going to be doing something. Every other weekend for this month, I already have plans in motion. Because of this, December will probably fly by. Perhaps recanting my daily activities here will make it seem like it'll be going by slower. Who knows.

I think that's it for today. I'm not sure how long I plan to write every day, but it'll be at least this month. I think I'll rehash the idea of it at the beginning of every month and decide then if I'll want to continue writing every day.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Holiday stuffs
Sunday. 11.29.15 3:47 pm
There was so much food consumed over the last three days. I'm not sure I'll be able to eat more than snacks or very small meals for the next week.

Thursday, I met up with my best friend at her in-laws. They had 14 people over this year, hence why there was so much food. It was really nice being able to spend time with people I knew, and get to meet new people. My best friend's husband's cousin has a clothing company that I plan on buying a shirt from. The material is super soft. You guys should check them out: Tragic Hope Apparel

There wasn't much alcohol at this get together. My best friend is preggo so she wasn't able to drink. I had a couple beers, but I mostly drank water and the blood orange ginger beer I bought from Rachel's Ginger Beer. It's a little pricey, but it's all natural and pretty much homemade. I think they ship anywhere in the US, but I'm not certain.

We parted ways around 8? that night... it was around then because I was home and changed before 9. I had to work on Friday; it was my last day in the call center before I start my new position tomorrow. It was kind of bittersweet, but the change is something that needs to happen. The pros outweigh the cons and I've had several people tell me that I'll like the new position. I'll give it a few weeks to get settled before I let them know whether they were right.

Yesterday, I went to another friend's place for second Thanksgiving. They usually do their get together on the weekends so that more people can go. This time, however, people had other obligations, so it was just a smaller group. I think there were only about 10 people. We had movies and football playing in the background; we all seemed to have pictures from recent trips that we'd all taken so we were sharing them with anyone who wanted to see.

My friend's husband takes amazing pictures every time they go to Hawaii and he actually gave me a copy of one of the shots I liked the most. He even gave me some advice on how to find the best frame for it. I'm looking really forward to getting it in a frame and putting it up on the wall. I'm not one to normally do that, but it's just so pretty! I'll have to do that eventually with some of my own favorite pictures. I kinda wanna get a new place before I start poking holes in the walls.

There was far less food at this gathering, but still enough that we all took some left overs home. There was also significantly more alcohol consumed this time around. I didn't have too much that I'd have to crash for the night, but I had enough to be comfortable. I'm not sure when I'll hang out with her again ... It'll probably be next year before we get the time. I'm pretty busy for the rest of this month.

So yeah, the weekend was good. Tomorrow will be an interesting day ... I'll give it til the end of the week before I write anything about it. I don't want to be too critical on just the first day.

Until then. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Part two: week two
Wednesday. 11.25.15 8:50 pm
After my quick entry yesterday, and fun tunes in my ear holes, I'm in a much better place to write part two.

The second Sunday that I was there, I woke up feeling like shit. The cold had pretty much hit me fully, but I'd already made plans with my sister to go wandering the Vegas strip. We wandered just part of it, making our way through Caesar's, Bellagio, Venetian and ... actually, I think that's it. We ended up going to a mall to go on a mini shopping spree at VS. I maxed out my card, but it was worth it. I was finally able to get my sister some bras that fit her. Which, if you don't have boobs, it seriously makes all the difference.

Monday, I woke up and couldn't talk. I had no voice. I was supposed to go hiking with Jacob, but I canceled because it was not a smart idea for me to go out feeling the way I was. I wanted to get better before I went back to work because after taking two weeks of unpaid time off, there was no fucking way I'd be able to afford even taking another half day off. I hung out around my sister's house, just watching Netflix. When he boyfriend got home, I was questioned as to why I didn't take my nephew so that they could save money on daycare. Now, I get that I agreed to take him at least once while I was there, but I was sick. I felt like shit and all of a sudden, the only thing that matters is why I'm not there to save them money.

So right then, I made plans for the rest of the week and proceeded to text my sister to tell her that if she wanted me to take my nephew, it would have to be have to be Tuesday because I was busy the rest of the time I was there.

Tuesday, my nephew and I hung out around the house in the morning. After fixing him breakfast, we went out to Hoover Dam. Apparently he'd been only recently so he was telling me all about his trip. I hadn't been since 2009. The water levels are pathetic, but it was still really pretty. My cover photo on Facebook is actually one of the pictures I took while there. After the Dam, we headed back to a park. I didn't realize that the one I'd chosen cost to park and since we were only going to be there for 30 minutes, it wasn't worth the $7 so we drove to another side of town to go to a different park. He played around on the slides and dug in the sand before it got dark and we headed back.

Wednesday, I hung out with my mom again. This time we went to Ethel M's Chocolate Factory. It was really disappointing; so much so that we weren't even interested in the offering of free chocolate. I'm sure the chocolate is delicious, but like Godiva or Ghirardelli, it's priced quite high and I'd honestly rather go to one of those places, or even See's.

After that, we got in to an argument about something; I don't even remember what at that point. So I drove over to the airport so that we could watch the planes land. I needed some time to cool off and she needed an excuse to get out of my car and smoke so that she could cool off. We hung out there for about 20 minutes before going to the Strip. We went to the other end from where I was with my sister. She'd wanted to see the completed New York New York so we walked around there for a bit.

While we were there, I got a call from Enterprise saying that I owed more money on my rental ... which ended up getting worked out, but it was one of the last things I needed to hear. It was the fault of both parties. Things should have been better explained on their and and I should have read the paperwork thoroughly before signing it, but still. I was still sick, I was already agitated and now this. So I apologized about cutting out day short, dropped her back off at home and went to deal with the car thing.

Oh yeah, there was this crazy awesome storm that day! The weather was amazing! I love thunder and lightning {it's always too wet here to have storms like that often} and I was directly in the middle of it. Lightning was all around and thunder was almost immediate. The rain was absolutely pouring down! And yet, still better drivers than Seattle ...

But I digress. I took care of the car thing and headed back to my sister's. I made plans to hang out with a friend on Thursday, but the time we agreed upon got pushed back because he ended up having to work. So I hung out for a little bit in the morning. I text my sister at one point about a show I was watching and was questioned, for the second time, about why I didn't take my nephew if I was just going to be sitting at home. So, still sick, I left and drove to the other side of town. I found a nice park and just hung out there for a few hours. I brought my tablet with me so that I could read while I was there. It was so nice. I took pictures of the sunset and then met up with my friend.

He rented a couple movies and bought some pizza. We ended up watching 3 movies and ate most of the pizza, but only drank half the beer since I still needed to drive back to my sister's place. After the drama of California, it wasn't worth dealing with the drama of crashing with him.

Friday, my final full day in Vegas, I spent the day out on my own. I have recently been embracing the single life and doing things on my own more and more. I needed to get away from everything for a day. Despite the fact that I would be going back home the next day and I'd have more than enough time to be by myself, after the stress of the past week and still being sick, I needed to just get away.

I drove out to Mt Charleston and found a good place to get out and walk around. I ended up at the Cathedral Rock trail. It wasn't a very long trail. I think total was a little over a mile, but since I was still sick, I didn't want to push it too much. It was 32 degrees and there was snow and ice. and at an elevation of 7800 feet, the air was much thinner so I didn't want to push too hard. I went up the trail probably about 3/4 of the way before stopping at a look out, taking more pictures, and turning back to go to the car. On the way back down, I ended up talking to this family who had just moved there from Florida {they thought I was crazy for just wearing yoga crop pants, and a tank under my jacket in the cold weather} so we got to talking about the differences between Florida, Nevada and Washington. It was really nice.

After I left the mountain, I drove back to the Strip. I went up to the top of the Stratosphere. I wanted to watch the sunset from up there and take pictures from the top. It's pricey for a non-local, but the view makes it worth it. On a whim, I purchased a ticket to go on Insanity. Literally the only thing that had kept me from going on it before was because I'd had no one to go with me. This time? I didn't care. Why should I let that stop me? I had a blast. It was actually quite tame. It looks much scarier than it actually was. The worst part was probably how cold it was once we started spinning. Being 1000 feet in the air, spinning at about 20mph with temps in the 50s is a tad nipply.

After that, I took a couple more pictures and made my way back to my sister's for dinner. It was my final home cooked meal: Spanish rice. There was no way I was going to miss out on that. It was a good final meal for the vacation.

Saturday morning, I got up and showered before finishing up the packing. I'd packed most of my things Friday before I went to the mountain. I didn't want to have to stress about getting everything done last minute; my trip already had enough stress. After all that, I went to pick up my mom so that she could hang out with us on my last day. We met up at Olive Garden for a late breakfast/early lunch. It was finally back to what I consider my normal family. If only it had been that way the entire rest of the trip. After Olive Garden, we met up at Enterprise so that I could return the car on time. I was actually an hour early, but that's fine. It ensured I didn't end up having to owe any extra money.

I needed to be at the airport by 5:30, but I ended up being there a little before 5 since there was construction on the tunnel and closures that happened so it was safer to just drop me off early than risk getting lost trying to get around the construction. It was bittersweet. I was very glad to be going home, but it does suck knowing it's going to be a couple years before I see them again.

My flight back was without incident. It was raining when I got back; typical Seattle weather and I was grateful that I had someone to pick me up. Originally I was just going to take transit, but it was a relief being in a car with someone. I was tired, pissed, sick and just ready to go home to crawl in to bed, so I wasn't much company on the trip back to my car, but it was still a nice gesture.

So that's how my trip went. That's why I will be staying in a hotel the next time I go visit them. A vacation is supposed to be fun and exciting and relaxing. This was only marginally that and just in a few days of the 14 I was gone.

Next entry will be back in the present moment. Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

Until next time. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.025seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.