Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
While I'm thinking about it
Friday. 12.11.15 9:30 pm
I just set my alarm for tomorrow, before I forget. I'm usually awake fairly early on weekends anyway, but I tend to just lay in bed for an hour before finally deciding to become vertical. Knowing I have to wake to an alarm on my day off is annoying. It's for good reason, and I'm not the only person who has to suffer through it. I actually get to sleep in later than some of the other people who are going to be there simply because I live closer. Plus, it's however many hours of straight up OT so that'll be nice. I just don't like waking up to an alarm. I actually don't know of many people who do. Do you?

I finally put in my new gauges. They're nice and snug in my ears until the skin stretches out. Sleeping tonight should be interesting, but they definitely look cool. I'm weird in the fact that I like the sting from gauging my ears, but this is the final stage that I'll be doing. I'm stopping at a 0 so that when I finally reach the point where I've outgrown wanting to have gauged holes in my ears, they'll still close on their own to a normal size. If I got up to a 00, it's a 50/50 chance that they may not go back down all the way.

Once I'm done with the training, I'll be going over to the other building to use the gym there, because why not. It would be silly to drive past my home just to go to the fitness center I'm used to when I'm already at a facility that has one. Hopefully no one will be there on a Saturday afternoon. I'll also wear my workout stuff to the training so that I have no excuse not to go. It's supposed to go until 3, but it may end early. It also may run late. It all depends on if they have the patterns correct and how quickly everyone works. We'll see how it goes.

Until then. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Not Friday ...
Thursday. 12.10.15 5:20 pm
Tomorrow is technically Friday, but because I have the training to do on Saturday, it really doesn't feel like it's Friday. Oh well. There's a holiday party tomorrow for lunch and I will definitely be joining them; I just have to remember to pick up the shrimp cocktail platter before I go in to work. I'll probably get up with my first alarm and leave early just to be sure that I have time beforehand to stop at the store.

Today was much less stressful than yesterday. The changes that came through were minor and my coworkers were able to handle them. I was actually able to get caught up on my work from yesterday so tomorrow will be starting out fresh. Hopefully we don't get slammed with a crazy amount of work right before going in to the weekend...

I'm pretty excited about the fact that I don't have plans on Sunday. With the rest of the month already booked up, it'll be nice to have a lazy day where I don't have to change out of my pajamas. I will have laundry to do, but that kind of is automatically attached to a lazy Sunday. It'll be a good day to catch up on shows that I've fallen quite behind on.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Change of pace
Wednesday. 12.9.15 5:20 pm
Day one with access to everything was kind of nuts. There were so many changes that came in first thing this morning on top of the normal work we have to do that I was a little on the frustrated side. I barely got to touch the assigned work that I had for today; I made the tiniest of dents in it. So I'll have that to catch up on tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow isn't as crazy. Despite the fact that I already know how to do a good portion of the work, I am still new at this and I've yet to form a routine; that tidbit is exactly why I was so stressed out today. Once I get that down, I'll be fine. Or, at the very least, less stressed than today.

This morning before work was interesting. My alarm went off at 6:15. I silenced it, rolled back over to just lay there for 30 more minutes, but I saw this flash of light. Well, that was weird, but whatever. And then another flash, so I turned over and that's when I heard the thunder. I got really excited because we rarely have lightning and thunder. About 2 minutes later, that's when the hail started pelting my windows ... I was super glad that my alarm woke me up before that happened. The noise coming from that probably woke most people up. It stopped just as quickly as it started and all occurred within about 20 minutes. It had completely stopped raining by the time I left for work.

I would love to have that happen more often {maybe minus the hail} but this place is too wet all the time to have the static in the air required for lightning. Oh well. It was nice to be awake for the brief storm.

It's been decided that the only plan I have for this weekend is the training on Saturday. I'm okay with that, though. I was hoping to get together with my friend for a repeat weekend, but he's already busy. Kinda bummed, but this gives me an excuse to stay home in my pajamas.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

It's about damn time
Tuesday. 12.8.15 5:27 pm
Two weeks after the original request was put in, I finally, finally, have the access that I need to actually do my whole job. It took way too many people today to finally figure out why the two programs weren't connecting and by the time it was fixed, it was less than an hour before I went home. So tomorrow, as long as it's still working, I should be able to actually do the base part of what my new position actually is. Ugh.

Anywho, not a whole lot to update other than that. I did actually drag my ass out of bed with my first alarm this morning so that I could wash my hair before going in to work. As soon as the rice I have on the stove is finished cooking, I'll be taking another shower to wash it again and then putting on pj's before getting cozy with YouTube. I have a little bit of catching up to do, but I may reserve that for the weekend.

As of right now, the only plan I have is the training on Saturday morning. I was going to try to make plans for Sunday, but I have a feeling it's not going to work out. I'd really like it to so fingers crossed. I'm okay still being behind on some videos.

Alright, I think the rice only has a couple more minutes. This was just a quick update on the status of access for work.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Caught up
Monday. 12.7.15 7:05 pm
With the exception of gauging my ears, I did everything today that I was supposed to do yesterday. I went grocery shopping, put gas in the car, and now I just put my clothes in the dryer.

I have enough food to get me through the next two weeks. I'm hoping that with everything I've already paid, I'll still have enough left over to go to lunch on Friday. If not, I may have to postpone it to next Friday. We'll see. I'll have a better idea of the finances once everything actually goes through in my account.

So, that guy I mentioned I'd been curious about off and on for the past several years, the one I thought I blew it with? Well, he's the one I hung out with Saturday night and I actually really like him ... like, to the point where I can see it going somewhere. This excites and terrifies me at the same time because I don't know if he feels the same way. I mean, it was really fun getting to hang out with him, but it wasn't exactly a date. I kind of want to just go on a date and see how it goes. We'll see if I can work up enough courage to ask.

I still don't have the access that I need for my job. It's bullshit that it's taken this long, but whatever. Perhaps by tomorrow, though, at this point if I get the access before Christmas, it'll be a miracle.

I really don't have much else to write. I wrote up most of it yesterday. I'll provide an update on access tomorrow.

Until then. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Heh, oops!
Sunday. 12.6.15 12:19 pm
Six days in to this challenge and I already missed a day. I knew I should have written something up earlier in the morning when I was still home, but I didn't know that I'd not come home last night.

So yesterday was fun. I met up with a couple friends and we went on an adventure up north to Nothing Bundt Cakes. It's an amazing place. If you have one near you, go. Right now. Like, why are you still reading this? Go! They're amazing.

After we got dessert, we went to Olive Garden. Dessert before dinner. Yes, that's the kind of adulting day it was yesterday. Once we stuffed our faces to the brink, we went to the mall in the area because one of my friends had never been to that mall. It was a good excuse to walk off some of the dinner that'd we'd just had. I got new earrings that I was planning on putting in today, but I think I'll wait until next weekend. I need to do them on a day when I don't have work the next day because they're big and not allowed. And I have to keep them in for at least 48 hours to allow my ears to stretch before putting in the squishies.

After the mall, we headed back to their place and hung out for a bit. We watched a couple movies, they played some video games, we all had a couple drinks; it was a really nice to just hang out. When it started getting later, I text another friend just kind of out of the blue and asked if I could go hang out. Surprisingly he said yes, so I made my way to his place. Once there, I continued drinking and ended up crashing there; I was way too drunk to drive home at that point.

This morning was nice. We woke up and watched the first half of the Seahawks game; he's a HUGE fan. Which is fine, I was more entertained by just how excited he got watching it. He was supposed to meet up with a friend of his to watch the game, but I kind of messed that up. Hence why we only watched the first half together. This way he could still go to his buddy's place to watch the second half. I'm not sure when we'll get together again, but I look forward to it.

Now that I'm back home, I really should do laundry, but that involves a trip to get quarters {I forgot to get them Friday and yesterday} and now that I'm back home, I really just don't want to leave again. I have enough outfits clean to get me through a couple more days, but I'll get quarters while I'm at work tomorrow so I'll just do the laundry then. I also really need to put gas in my car; the light will be coming on at some point very soon. But again, I just don't feel like leaving. Maybe I'll do that on my lunch break tomorrow...

I'll have to make sure that the next few Saturdays I write early because I have plans every Saturday until the new year and I don't want to miss another day because of it. So here's to hoping that I can keep on top of it.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.025seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.