Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
Fuck this cold
Monday. 6.10.13 7:18 pm
Whatever head cold Jacob had, he decided it needed to be shared and apparently my immune system is on vacation.

I was fine last night. I woke up this morning with a rather sore throat, but nothing else. A couple hours in to the shift, I started getting a sinus headache. As the day progressed, so did the pressure. By the end of my shift I was blowing my nose probably once or twice an hour and the pressure on my sinus had only worsened.

A couple hours after getting home, I could barely breathe. Now, I feel like my head is going to explode from the pressure, I can still barely breathe and I have a dry spot in my throat that makes me feel like I'm choking and is causing my eyes to water.

I called off from work tomorrow. Whatever this is, it's very contagious and other people don't need to be dealing with it.

If it is what Jake had, I'll be better in 48 hours. Fingers crossed it's what he had. According to my description of the symptoms, it sounds like it's pretty much a match.

I have no idea when I'm going to bed tonight. I don't feel sleepy. Only exhaustion from the illness. I have one dose of Tylenol Cold that I'll be taking before I go to bed and I'll probably stop by the store at some point tomorrow to get more. I also have some extra strength decongestant that I'll start taking in the morning. It's got some kind of stimulant that causes you to be awake so taking it at this point in the evening is probably a bad idea.

I will most likely return to work on Wednesday, but we'll see how I feel toward the end of the day tomorrow. For now, I'm going to lop my head off. Ugh.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Sleep deprivation = energy. . . wait, what?
Sunday. 6.9.13 8:47 pm
I got very little sleep last night. I think the only solid amount I got was from 3am until 4 am. I was in bed by 11, was awake to see midnight and I think that's when I initially dozed off. I was awake at 1, 2 and 4. The solid hour that I got between 3 and 4 had a rather nice dream involving cuddling with a rather attractive actor, whom I've been fawning over recently. Other than that, however, not much sleep was to be had.

I felt exhausted at 5 this morning when my alarm went off signalling that it was time to get up. I snoozed it twice and finally dragged myself out of bed at nearly 5:30. I threw my hair up in to the tight bun I don every day, yanked on my completely unflattering and uncomfortable uniform and headed out the door. I was zombie-faced for about two hours before my eyes finally adjusted to the fact that I wasn't going to let them close.

Work was slow and uneventful. Exactly how a Sunday shift should be.

I had every intention of napping when I got home, considering how very little sleep I got last night, but that didn't happen. Instead, I made myself up something to eat, watched a video on YouTube while eating, then continued and finished the puzzle and effectively finished the book the 11th Hour. Even now as I type this up, I'm still not feeling tired.

The sun has set and it's pretty much nearing my bedtime, the time that I actually strive to be in bed at every night, but rarely happens. How is it possible that I get next to no sleep and have more energy than I do when I get 5-7 hours? On a regular basis, I can't wait to get back in to bed and sleep for an hour or two after work. Was I really just that motivated to finish the puzzle and the book? Apparently.

I have a feeling this is only a rarity and have no idea if/when it'll be happening again, especially and hopefully not any time soon {the lack of sleep, that is; I'm fine with having a bunch of energy.}

Anywho, that's about all I have for today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Until then. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend! (1)

Not enough light
Saturday. 6.8.13 8:06 pm
I have maybe 100 pieces left to put in the puzzle. It's easier on the eyes to work on the puzzle when it's daylight out, but the setting sun has dipped behind some clouds so there's not enough natural light left to work on the puzzle. I'll finish it up tomorrow. Perhaps I'll even put a picture of it in my gallery. I haven't updated that section of NuTang in forever.

Instead of reading my book tonight, I think I will watch an episode of Sherlock. I've been wanting to watch the show since I saw Star Trek, but it has yet to happen. Each episode is an hour and a half long, so it's kind of like a movie, but it will be over in time for me to go to bed. After I finish the puzzle tomorrow, I'll read some more.

I re-ordered the pair of running shoes. Hopefully they'll arrive sometime around payday. This will give me an excuse to head up north. I'll also have to remember to buy socks while I'm up there. Since I need to buy toiletries, I'll already be in Target so it shouldn't be too hard to remember to buy the socks while I'm there.

It's back to work tomorrow ... joy. I have to start saving up money for my trip in December so I will probably be picking up a bunch of overtime when I can. Someone is going on vacation at the end of the month so I'll be able to pick up at least a few of those shifts. It means I'll be working 16 hour shifts, possibly back to back, but I need to save up about $2000 and I have a measly $150 right now.

Alright, I think that's it for now.

Until tomorrow NuTang. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Late entry
Friday. 6.7.13 10:36 pm
This is what happens when I open a book: I lose track of time, quickly. I had every intention of writing this entry two hours ago, but as you can see, that didn't happen. I had to close the book and type this up real quick before I fell asleep for the night.

I finished nearly 1/3 of the puzzle today. There's still a handful of pieces left on the section I tackled today, but tomorrow I will be tackling the sky portion. It's a lot of the same colors and the shading is all over the place, but I need to get this finished now that I'm far enough in and motivated enough. We'll see if I can't get it completed before the end on of the night.

I didn't get the shoes I wanted today. They ran out of stock on the size I need so I'll be keeping an eye on the site so that when they get the next shipment in, I can order them.

I'm fighting my eyelids right now so I will end this here.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Twitch, twitch
Thursday. 6.6.13 8:04 pm
My right eyelid has been twitching off and on for nearly a week now. I read on WebMD that it's something that I shouldn't be concerned about. Caffeine, stress and fatigue are all causes. Since my caffeine intake is limited to whatever tiny bit is found in chocolate, I'm fairly certain that's not the cause. Stress ... not quite through the roof, but work pisses me off. Just knowing I have to go back is causing my eyelid to twitch right now haha. Fatigue? Yeah, I have that all the time. Wonderful.

I need to schedule an appointment with an eye doctor soon anyway. If it hasn't gone away by the middle of next week, it'll quicken how soon I schedule the appointment. It's not affecting my vision at all; it's just merely annoying.

Work was fairly uneventful. I did get a bunch of calls, but I also had plenty of down time.

I put in a request for the 30th off and it was approved so that's awesome. That will be the 18th anniversary of my Dad's passing. I had a tough time with it last year at work so this year I wanted to take it off so that I can mourn at my own leisure. I wont' have to worry about putting on a game face to deal with the general public. It's hard enough when there's no major life event that occurred.

I'm thinking about getting a Friday the 13th tattoo this year. What should I get and where should I get it? I'll probably get it somewhere fairly discrete. It will be something small, but I think it would be fun. Basically, it'll be a quick, cheap fix. It's been 6 years since my last tattoo and I'm seeing all my friends get new ones and it's driving me crazy. When I go out to Vegas in December, I'll be getting my back fixed up {never go to an apprentice; always pay more to go to the professional} and getting the memorial done for my dad. I'm so looking forward to finally getting it done.

Anywho, I think I'm gonna read a bit before calling it a night.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Mind over stomach
Wednesday. 6.5.13 7:39 pm
I need to stop eating so much. I've started eating simply because I want to, not because I'm hungry. It's usually never more than two or three times a day, but the hunger pangs just aren't there. I need to retrain myself to eat when I'm hungry. I think that's part of the weight gain problem I've been dealing with.

Like, right now, I really want to cook up an egg and cheese burrito, but I'm not hungry at all. I still feel completely full from the lunch I had at work. I'll hold off until sometime tomorrow. I may even just not eat at work and wait till I get home to eat the burrito I want to make now.

I started reading the 11th Hour, but I'm only a few chapters in. I have most of the train completed on the puzzle. There's a few pieces here and there still missing, but the sun has dipped behind the clouds so my eyes are crossing trying to search for pieces in the dim light. It's okay to read it because by the window it's still light enough, but the table isn't by the window, or the light, so I will continue my search tomorrow.

I am going to get up in the morning and shower before work, for once. I usually shower in the evening, between 5 and now, but with the temps getting close to the 80s the last couple days, it's just been too warm to take a shower. The hot water will heat up my place more than is comfortable, even with the windows open and the fan going. In the morning it'll be cool enough that a little steam won't do much harm. I've already set my alarm to 15 minutes earlier than normal just so that I'll have time.

So last night I went to bed super early. I was asleep before the sun went down. I don't even remember taking my glasses off, I was so tired. I woke up around 1 something, but was awake long enough to register that it was 1 something before falling back asleep. Then I woke up again sometime between 3:30 and 4, but dozed off again until my alarm went off.

Tomorrow is my Friday at work. My plan to be unproductive will probably be foiled due to the fact that whenever I want a slow, boring day, it never happens. So I guess we'll see how the day goes. No plans for my weekend. It's in between paydays and I have plenty of food still so I don't even have to go grocery shopping. I'll probably just read and work on my puzzle.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.034seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.