Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
Halfway point!
Tuesday. 8.11.15 8:09 pm
Oh my goodness! I have completed day 15 of the 30 day challenges that my sister and I have been doing. 140 squats and 90 second plank. I'm beginning to think {after two days in a row with my back hurting} that I'll have to start doing the "easy" plank starting tomorrow, when we go to two minutes. Rather than balancing on my forearms, I'll keep my arms straight. If I can keep that up for the remainder of the two weeks, then I may start the challenge over doing them the "right" way. We'll see how it goes.

I leave for DC in a week and a half! I'm so excited about flying back east. I haven't been back to the east coast since I graduated high school ... 11 years ago. It's crazy to think about! This is the longest I've ever stayed away; when we moved the first time, it was only a couple years before we moved back. It's going to be a very quick trip, though. I'll only have one day to explore while I'm there, but you better believe that I'll be taking full advantage of the day. The one thing I must do? Arlington Cemetery. It's something I've wanted to go back to do since 1998, when I went the first time.

I have plans pretty much every weekend from now until the weekend after Labor Day. . . I'm not sure how my calendar fills up so quickly these days, but it's fantastic! I'm quite enjoying being out and about, whether I'm with people or not. This past weekend was a very chill weekend for me. I went to the gym both days, and that was the only time I left the house. I'll be getting on a scale this weekend so I'll be able to see what progress I've made. I'm hoping to have lost at least a couple more pounds, but with the daily exercising I've been doing, I wouldn't be surprised if I've gained some weight in muscle. My pants actually fit me now and one of my skirts is far too loose at this point, so I've lost at least something.

Work is work. There's really nothing new going on that's worth writing about. I'm beginning to question the logic being used for the new hires that are supposed to be taking over one of our departments once it's centralized ... they're not very bright. Some of them have even quit in less than a month because they just couldn't handle it. I mean, my job is challenging, but I had to learn, essentially, 13 different departments in two weeks and I'm pretty damn good at my job. I very rarely fuck up and when I do, it's not normally something serious. I just don't get it. Oh well; it'll be out of our hands in a month.

Anywho, I figured I'd type up a quick update. Not sure if I'll be typing anything up before I go to DC, but if not, then definitely when I get back.

{For those who follow me on Facebook and Instagram, there will definitely be pictures so stay tuned}

Until then. . .

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

Week one complete
Monday. 8.3.15 9:12 pm
One of the previous blogs I wrote, {it may even have been the last one ... I can't remember and I don't feel like going back to look} I mentioned that my sister and I were doing two 30 day challenges: squats and plank. Well, today was day 7 and I've completed both challenges for the day. It feels pretty good knowing that I can do these things. I know that week two will be getting a little more challenging. The squats increase to 135 and plank is 90 seconds by day 14. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'll also be going to the gym again this weekend and hopefully getting to 2 1/2 miles within 30 minutes. I was pretty close this past weekend.

The BBQ place was delicious. I tried a couple different things this time around. I got the jalapeno cheddar sausage and the mac and cheese this time around. I had leftover brisket again and it was still good as lunch the next day. My friend gave me her left over chicken, which I will probably have for dinner tomorrow night. There's always so much food to be had there and the prices are incredibly reasonable considering how much food you get. I'm really happy that I was introduced to a BBQ place I can actually eat at.

The Sounders game was fun. We lost, but my friend and I had a good time. She kept dissing on Canada, which was entertaining since they were kicking our team's ass. We were up in the nosebleeds and I was more interested in the sunset than the game itself. It was the perfect spot to watch the sunset too. I took quite a few pictures and posted a few on Instagram, if you'd care to follow me there {since I'm not currently on Facebook.} My name there is sa.boof.

Yesterday I ended up just staying in all day. I woke up not feeling well so I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere. I did laundry and took a nap right after and then ended up going to bed around 8:30. It was just a really off day for me. Thanks to going to bed super early, I was awake just after 2, but I was able to fall back asleep fairly quickly. I had a dream about a friend and his best friend. It wasn't a bad dream; I actually had quite a bit of fun with it. What made me laugh even more about it is that I know there's no possible way it's ever going to happen and yet in the dream, it just felt so natural.

Anywho, the rest of this week is going to be interesting. One of our departments just got "optimized" and it was already pulled back because there was a problem with the template. Go figure. There was nothing wrong with the way we have been doing things so I'm not sure why they made so many changes to make things "better," but clearly it's not working as well as they'd thought. Oh well. One day at a time, one problem at a time and as soon as 17:00 comes along, I'm no longer concerned with it.

No plans as of yet for the weekend, but the week is still young.

Until next time. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Friday. 7.31.15 5:29 pm
There's a movie coming out {or, it may already be out} about the Goosebumps books... it looks interesting. That's one that I will wait to see until it's on Netflix, though.

Seafair weekend is upon us here in Seattle and the Blue Angels have been doing practice runs for their show tomorrow and Sunday. Yesterday was just to get a feel for the area again and today was to actually practice the show. With the fact that it's clear and fucking mid 90s outside, they were able to fly pretty far up, which made them coming down toward the water even more awesome.

Because of how close my work is to the area in which they host the show, they do fly overs pretty much right above the buildings. In the few years past, I would go up to the roof to watch them. This year, not being in security, I don't have access to the roof, which is only slightly irritating. I'd not trade to go back just to have access to the roof again. I had to watch them from the ground this time, but it's still really cool seeing them fly so close overhead. Feeling the effects of the afterburner gives me chills.

Every year I say it's really not a big deal because the show is mostly the same every year and once you've seen it a few times, there's really no absolute need to see it again. But as soon as the first fly over happens, you hear the noise and see them so close, it's quite challenging to not get excited about it.

That being said, I will not be partaking in the weekend festivities. First off, it's fucking hot outside. Second, it's not a price I'm willing to pay to be out in the heat. A few years ago when I watched the show out on the water, it was technically on Friday and it was their practice show so there was no charge. Besides, I have plans for the weekend anyway.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the gym in the morning and possibly meeting up with a friend there. A little later in the afternoon, I'll be picking another friend up from work and we'll be going out to lunch before going to the Sounders game. Last time we went, it was the end of November and it was freezing as fuck. My toes were numb, which made walking home rather interesting. This time, I'm hoping it won't be too hot. Tomorrow isn't supposed to be quite as warm as yesterday and today, but it's very possible that it could be. I'll bring a jacket with me just in case the game runs late and it gets cool once the sun goes down, but I have a feeling I won't need it.

Then Sunday I'm going to explore some more; I just haven't decided where yet. I have a couple ideas in mind so I'm just gonna play it by ear once I get in my car and start driving.

I do need to go grocery shopping at some point and I really should have done it after work, while I was next to the grocery store, but even with the job that I don't hate, I still like to get away from work as quickly as possible at the end of the day. Especially on Friday. Perhaps I'll go after the sun goes down.

It's nice that tomorrow is already August. This year is flying by and I'm oddly okay with it. It's not quite as packed as this month was, but with my weekends being mostly open, it's very possible that they could be filled up with spontaneous plans. Here's to hoping that it's full of amazing times!

Until next time. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Busy busy
Saturday. 7.25.15 10:52 am
I kind of don't know where to begin... so much has happened this month. I've not really been home a whole lot since my last entry.

The weekend after I wrote that last entry, I went to Canada for the first time. I went to Grouse Mountain and didn't get to do any of the things I went up there to do. The weather was cool and rainy and foggy, everything I normally like, except that this very same weather is what caused the attractions I wanted to do to close. I still had a great time. I took several pictures, all in a fog. I basically experienced what it was like to live in a cloud for a few hours. It was eerie and beautiful. I will be going back at some point, hopefully when the weather is more fair, so that I can actually do the things I wanted to go do. I'll also plan it better and maybe spend more time in Canada.

The next day I hung out with a couple friends in the morning and in to the afternoon. We saw a movie and had lunch. The movie was okay; not something I'd be willing to spend money on again, though. And lunch was delicious {it's kind of hard to go wrong at Red Robin.} After that, I met up with another friend for drinks. He didn't know that I'd gone out to eat lunch beforehand so I ended up just getting drinks while he ate. I got to sit on his friend's motorcycle this time and it was really surprising just how light it was. It's a sport bike, compared to his street bike, and I was able to easily move it, unlike with the street bike.

I really want a motorcycle...

The next weekend I went out of town with my best friend and her husband. We went to the Winthrop Rhythm and Blues Festival. It was my first time camping. They have a pop up camper and there were port-o-crappers dotted throughout the campgrounds, so I wasn't sleeping in a tent on the ground and shitting in a hole that I had to dig, but it was still camping. The music was mostly good, the bugs were abundant. I'm pretty sure I've managed to get over my irrational fear of bees. I still really, really don't like them, but my pulse and blood pressure don't spike every time one is around me now. We made friends with our "neighbors" and hung out with them intermittently throughout the entire weekend.

The river was so refreshing! We all walked down to the river and listened to the music from there. My friend made us a private rock pool. It started out as her trying to build a rock tower and turned in to an entire pool. After a couple hours hanging out, we made our way back to camp, changed and walked back over to the beer garden to listen to the late show music. The next day we went to the river again; our pool was still unattended so we all took an earlier morning dip before I had to leave.

Without stopping, the trip out there took me about 4 hours. In no traffic, it might have taken me about 3 1/2. On the way back, I wanted to stop at the various turn out and overlook spots to take pictures so I left a bit earlier than everyone else. I was allotting about 5 to 6 hours for travel and still be able to get home in time to do laundry and shower for work the next day. It worked out pretty perfectly, actually. Just over 5 hours of travel and I was home.

Between the sun drenched field, the river and the alcohol, even with being very good about applying sunscreen, I still managed to get burned quite a bit. I have a bunch more spots than the 4th of July weekend sun burn. The tops of my feet, the tops of my legs, above my knees, my back {which hasn't been exposed to the sun in that amount since I was a kid} and my chest. My arms didn't really get burned and neither did my face so I guess the sunscreen did at least something to protect my skin. I'm in the fun peeling stage and my back itches like crazy.

This weekend is actually the least busy of the entire month. I don't have any plans right now, but I have a 5k that I'm doing later this evening. It's the same one that I've done every year that I've been in Seattle, minus last. It's also the first year that I'll be doing it alone. Tomorrow is the only weekend day for the entire month in which no plans have been made and I'm looking quite forward to having a free day. Whether it stays as a day of just hanging out at home, recovering from today, or if it turns in to a day of spontaneous plans, I like that I have the option of either.

Next month is in a week and the only set plans that I have is my trip to DC later in the month. Hopefully the extra time means that I'll actually be able to write more often.

Until then. . .

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

Smokey skies
Tuesday. 7.7.15 9:04 pm
According to some website I clicked on, there's approximately 22 wildfires in the state of Washington and it's affecting the quality of the skies. There's been this weird haze over the city the past few days and it became quite obvious tonight. The sun looked like a blood moon. You were able to look straight at the sun without it really doing anything. There was no reason to squint and you didn't really get the trailing blind spots in your vision.

It's eerie and oddly beautiful at the same time. Same as when you see a fire raging away, or the aftermath of a fire that's long since been doused. Beauty can be seen in all aspects of life.

Tomorrow is Wednesday and I'm already looking forward to it being over. We're back to being only three people; we were fully staffed for all of 3 months, if that. The forth person we had quit suddenly. I mean, I understand that when you have family stuff going on it can take priority, but you could have at least given more notice. No hard feelings, but I'm not terribly bothered by the loss. It just means we have to work just a little bit harder for the next couple months.

My sunburn is healing at quite a rapid rate. I'm not used to having it heal this quickly; this lotion stuff is pretty darn awesome. My sister recommended another lotion to use once the burn is fully healed to help keep the tan longer so I'm gonna see if I can find it in stores sometime this week. I'm willing to pay the price to actually keep a tan rather than just going back to white.

I need to buy a bathing suit sometime soon ... I may have to make a trip out to Bellevue to see if I can't find one in stores. I don't really have the time to wait for it to come in the mail before I need it. If I can't find anything, then I guess I'll just have to make due. Hopefully I'll be able to find one that I like. I haven't owned one in probably about 6 years and it's been about that long, or even a little longer, since the last time I went swimming.

After talking with someone from my past and figuring out time to try to get together, I realized just how busy I am on the weekends for the rest of this month. I knew I had plans for each weekend for this month, but holy hell. I have a little bit of leeway time here and there each weekend {except next weekend} to work in last minute plans, but it's not something I'm used to. It's going to be August before I even have time to blink.

It's getting to be about that time for me to put more lotion on and call it a night. I'm aiming to be in bed before midnight tonight... unlike last night.

Until next time. . .

Comment! (3) | Recommend!

Lack of protection
Sunday. 7.5.15 8:54 am
As pale as I am, you'd think sunscreen would be on the top of my list of things to own. Nope. As pale as I am, you'd think that I'd remember to apply sunscreen religiously before going outside for any outing that will take longer than to get from inside, to my car and back inside. Nope.

I went for a 5.5 mile hike yesterday. It wasn't supposed to be that long of a hike, but we were making amazing time so we decided to extend the hike to this place where you're supposed to be able to see a river off in the distance... when the foliage isn't completely grown in. I took a bunch of pictures, some of which didn't come out very well, but that's not the point. I rarely look over the pictures that I take until later on, when I'm no longer in the place that I was taking pictures. I usually don't care if they come out good or not; I like living in the moment and capturing images for me to look back over to remember the moment.

Thursday night I met up with a friend for dinner. The food was not very good; I'm kind of wishing I'd gotten just a salad instead. I feel bad when I leave so much food behind so I took it home as leftovers and ended up just throwing it out because it kind of became mush. I'm not sure if/when I'll go back to that place, but I will definitely be ordering something different next time.

Friday I woke up super pissed off and panicky, something that hasn't happened to me in a long while. The source of my panic was ridiculous, as it usually is, but I knew I had to deal with it. I went to the gym and ran for two miles. I came home and was still quite agitated so I took a longer shower than normal. When I got out of the shower, I saw some texts that mellowed me out a bit, but then I just became more annoyed at myself for having acted out in the first place.

I needed to go out and run a couple errands so that's what I did after I'd calmed down a bit. The teller at the bank could tell something was wrong, but I didn't want to talk about it. I drove up and put gas in my car after the bank and then just came back home. Another friend of mine invited me out to the dog park/lake, but I knew that due to the mood I was in, I'd not have been very good company. Even with the dogs around me. I needed to be able to clear my head before I went out yesterday.

The hike definitely helped clear my head and it put me in a much better mood. The plans that I'd made with another friend of mine for today, I've backed out of, due to the sunburn. We were supposed to go laze about by/in the river, but I don't want to be out in the sun anymore than necessary. I feel bad about bailing, but the last time we all went to the river, it was not a good day for me and I'd rather not ever repeat that. It's not fair for anyone involved. One of these days I'll be mentally and physically ready for a fun day on the river.

So for now, I'm spending the day indoors. I will be going out once my laundry is done so that I can get some aloe vera. I've been using aquaphor for now; it's not ideal for sunburns, but it's good for dry skin so it's an okay alternative until I can get the stuff that's made for sunburns. I'll probably go to Target for this since I also need to buy toilet paper and body wash. I really should stop at the grocery store on the way home to buy food for work for the week, but I just don't feel like stopping at a bunch of places. If I was hanging out with someone indoors, then I'd definitely be fine going out. But since I'm not, I'll be making as few stops as possible before getting back home.

Time to put the clothes in the dryer.

Until next time. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.024seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.