Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
Monday. 12.28.15 5:41 pm
The weekend was good, but I'm glad the holiday is passed.

Thursday after work, I headed straight to my best friend's place. Traffic wasn't bad at all, so it only took me about 10 minutes longer to get there than it normally would have. I ended up beating them there; they'd gone out to dinner with his parents. She text me to let me know they were on their way back from being out so I just hung out in my car until they got there. We hung out for a little bit before heading to her parent's place to go to Christmas mass. It was a really awkward 90 minutes. I pretty much rushed out of there. I can only handle so much at a time and that was a lot at once so I just had to get out. The only cool part was the sand art thing they did for one of the psalms.

We went back to her place and hung out for just a little bit before crashing for the night. We got up fairly early the next morning, showered, had breakfast and headed back to her parent's place to spend Christmas with them. I'm glad I only got 3 gifts, one of which was essentially a gag gift related to an inside joke, so having brought dessert, I didn't feel too bad about not being able to buy gifts. The big ticket items were mostly spent on the family members. It was nice being able to see the reactions from everyone. Gave me the feels. My favorite of the three was this super soft cardigan from Nordstrom. It's so, so comfortable! I fully plan on buying at least one more and I pretty much recommend any female {or male, if that's your thing} to buy one. It's called a calypso wrap by Barefoot Dreams. So. Soft!

After dinner we hung out for a bit watching some movies. We let dinner settle before digging in to dessert and then hung out for another hour or so before calling it a night. We headed back to their place and hung out for a bit before crashing. I had accidentally left the cardigan at her parents' place so I ended up staying longer on Saturday than I anticipated because I was waiting for them to bring it over. They planned on coming over anyway because of a project that had been planned, but I was expecting to leave before the project started. It ended up working out, though, because I was able to help with the bags of cement at Home Depot. With my friend being pregnant, she's not supposed to be lifting that much weight so it worked out that I had to stay. I'd have stayed longer to help out with the project too, but I didn't know about it ahead of time so I didn't bring clothes that I was okay getting dirty. Oh well. Perhaps next time.

When I got home, I took a nap because I knew that I'd be out late that night. I met up with a couple other friends for drinks. We've not all three hung out in over a year so it was way overdue. I ended up drinking more than I should have, like I always say I'm not going to and then do anyway. I also think that the food I had with the beer didn't mix well because I got sick when I got home. I was still sick the next morning so I spent most of yesterday slowly reintroducing food to my system and sleeping off and on. I'll have to go to the gym tomorrow to make up for the lack of being able to go yesterday.

Today I felt much better, but it was Monday and patients were being pissy so that didn't help my mood. Even one of my friends was like, wow, you're cranky this morning. As the day went on, it got better, but the morning wasn't the greatest. Tomorrow should be better, simply because it's not Monday.

Until then. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

X-mas eve eve
Wednesday. 12.23.15 9:07 pm
I got the shopping done that I wanted to do, put gas in my car, showered and shaved and packed. I even went to the gym. Knowing that I'd be out of town for the next couple days, I wanted to get in a gym run before the weekend. I'll probably go again on Sunday.

I have tentative plans for Saturday evening. My friends can't decide whether we're going out or not so I have a feeling I won't find out until that night. I'm okay with either plan: going out or rescheduling and staying in. I'm broke, so that's kind of a deciding factor for whether they want to cover me or not. As long as someone tells me what we're doing then I'm good.

I'm really hoping this guy I like asks me out again. We've already gone out for drinks once. I kind of want him to take me to the range so that I can work on getting over my fear of guns; he seems to be pretty comfortable with them and I feel comfortable with him so I feel like it would work. We'll see. He said he'd text me after the new year so that we can get together again. If I haven't heard from him by mid-January, then I suppose it's yet another not quite there moment.

I'm keeping this one pretty short because I want to watch some YouTube vids before going to sleep. I'm already massively behind on my Hulu queue and with not being home the next few days, I don't want to be super behind on YouTube as well. I'll write whenever I get the chance once I'm back near a computer.

Until then. . .

Merry Christmas!

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

Tuesday. 12.22.15 8:03 pm
Due to the plans that I have this weekend, I will not be writing an entry on Thursday, Friday or possibly Saturday. I won't be home to write a blog so I'm casting my absentee ballot. I'll be home tomorrow, so there will be a quick entry tomorrow, but otherwise, it'll probably be next week before there's another one. This 1-a-day challenge for the month of December didn't exactly work...

Today was actually kind of nice at work. There were no GI changes, which meant that I was finally able to catch up on the other work that had been piling up. I was also able to help out the call center a little bit by doing some of the backlogged work. After getting around 170-180 changes for GI between Wednesday and yesterday, it was really nice to not have 70+ changes waiting for me when I logged in this morning. It's most likely because the people who submit the changes are on vacation right now, but hey, I'm all for the break in brain melting work.

The gifts and snacks that we've received this week have made me realize that we are actually shown appreciation for the work that we do. It's one of maybe two jobs I've had where the managers and higher up staff actually acknowledge the work that we do. It's making me feel quite welcome in this new position. Because of the types of jobs I've worked in the past years, where there was very little/no acknowledgement and appreciation actually shown, this is a new concept for me.

Anywho, I'm gonna be knocking out soon. I chowed down on my second bundtlet and the sugar is making me quite drowsy.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Short one
Monday. 12.21.15 9:45 pm
Today was the winter solstice and I didn't even realize it until almost the end of the work day, when someone said something about it. It was cloudy and rainy for most of the day anyway, so I didn't really even notice that it was the least amount of daylight for the year. Though, this morning when I left for work, I did have a passing thought about how it was darker than normal for that time of day. Either way, this just means that the days are going to slowly start increasing the amount of daylight and it makes me a little sad inside. The significant changes won't happen until the time goes back again, but still. I love this time of year.

This week and next week are "short" weeks, with the holidays both being on Friday. It means that we get two three-day weekends in a row, which is awesome. Then there's a three-day weekend next month and a three-day weekend in February. I'm definitely looking forward to having all of those. It's nice when the holidays fall on a Friday or Monday so that we can have short weeks and extended weekends.

I titled the entry as such because I wasn't intending on writing very much, and it turned in to an entry about short things. Completely unintentional, but amusing. Since I haven't anything else to write about, I shall end this here.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Decisions were made
Sunday. 12.20.15 6:11 pm
Between yesterday and today, I spent way more money that I was planning on spending ... but after having been broke for as long as I've been, I needed to pamper myself a little. And pamper I did, but only within reason, since bills still had to be paid. It just means that Christmas gifts will have to be sent out next year.

Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning, like I usually try for on Saturdays. I ran just a little bit harder than I normally do; I was frustrated about a certain lack of response from some texts. So the frustration helped me out in that aspect. After the gym, I was supposed to go to the mall to get myself some new earrings, but I just couldn't motivate myself to go back out right then. I wasn't feeling very well anyway, so I just stayed home until it was time to meet up with my friend.

We met up Downtown at this restaurant called Palomino; it's a pretty chill Italian place. The food was good and there was a lot of it so I have left overs. Afterwards, we dropped the food off at my car and walked back to the Sheraton so that I could see the Star Wars themed gingerbread display. The line was massive, though, so my friend ended up just hanging out outside. It got really warm in there because of all the bodies, but the pictures I was able to get made the wait worth it.

After that we headed back up the hill to where her car was. We met up with another friend for just a brief bit while she was on her lunch break. She wanted us to hang around until 11: 30 when she got off work so that we could go out for drinks, but the other friend still wasn't feeling well so she went home. I told her that I'd think about it and let her know once it got closer. I ended up going back out and we got a few drinks before heading back home. It had been over a year since we'd gotten to hang out so it was really nice being able to catch up. The three of us made plans to hang out next Saturday so I'm looking forward to that.

Today, I met up with another friend to get our nails done and then to go on adventures. I got red and green on my fingernails, and blue and silver on my toes. So I'm rocking holiday themed nails. It's weird having my fingernails painted; I'm used to only having my toes done, but they're pretty so I'm happy with them. After the nails, she was okay with coming with me to brave the mall so that I could get my earrings and we made the decision to eat lunch at P.F. Chang's. It's been years since I've eaten there and I also have left overs from that too.

Once the food was consumed, we walked to the other side of the mall, got me some new earrings and then headed back to the car. We drove from up north to out east, where we stopped at Nothing Bundt Cakes to get more goodies for ourselves and the work potluck this week. We also made a stop at Dairy Queen so that she could pick up a birthday cake for one of her friends.

Now that I'm home, I'm exhausted again so I'll probably be going to bed shortly after my laundry is finished. Hopefully this week is slow at work because I'd like to have an easy week. I already know there are more changes coming in and I'd like to not have patients interrupting me while trying to get everything done.

Until tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Oops, I did it again
Saturday. 12.19.15 11:22 am
I definitely intended on writing up an entry yesterday and the day before, but due to last minute plans, I was not able to keep up on the challenge.

Thursday morning, a friend of mine text me asking if I wanted to go see Star Wars that evening with him and another friend. Of course I said yes! You don't say no to an offer like that. He then told me that I should bring a friend since there was, in fact, two extra tickets. I invited the first person I could think of who would appreciate it the most, who hadn't already bought tickets, but he declined due to ongoing ailments. A legit reason to say no to such an offer. The second friend I asked was more than willing to go. She and I agreed that our night suddenly got infinitely better. So much so that I suddenly didn't care as much about all the work I still had to deal with.

The movie, in short, was amazing. Originally I wasn't planning on seeing it until next year, once the crowds died down, but I'm so glad that I got to see it opening night. We got let in to the theatre an hour before the start of the movie. It was still rolling the final credits from the movie that had just ended. The group of people that I ended up being a part of took up the entire first row. Not the front row, but the first row up the stairs. I thought it would just be the 4 of us, but it ended up being about 13 people total. I knew almost everyone that was there, and oddly all from one department at work.

One of the guys there invited me out for drinks after the movie so I said sure, why not. The next day was Friday so I would be able to come home and crash without worrying about it messing up my sleep for work. After the movie, however, he was nowhere to be seen. So I asked one of the people I knew had his number, to give him mine and let him know I was sorry for having missed him. I dropped my friend off at another friend's house, where her car was, and as I was leaving, got a phone call from the guy. I told him I didn't know where the place was we were going and when he told me, I went back to meet him. I only had one drink since I had to drive, but it was nice actually getting to hang out with him outside of work.

Because of the spontaneous meet up, I didn't get home until around 1 and finally fell asleep a little after 2. My alarm was set for 6:15. So yesterday was a bit of a long day. Around lunchtime, my head started pounding. I took some ibuprofen and a few hours later, my head started pounding again. About an hour before end of shift, I suddenly because exhausted so the plan was to come home and crash. Which is exactly what ended up happening. I was asleep before 6 last night. I slept until around 10, then was back asleep shortly after 11. I clearly needed the sleep.

Today I have lunch/dinner plans and then tomorrow I'm going to get a mani/pedi with the friend I invited to the movies. So the remainder of this weekend will be fairly busy. I also have to go to the mall at some point and get new earrings; my ears are still not healing at a rate I want them to so I need something in there that I can turn with ease. I also need to buy gifts for my family for Christmas. I have an idea as to what to get everyone, but I need to make sure I stay in budget. I finally am caught up on all my bills and things that I owed money to from my vacation, but I'd like to still have some extra. We'll see how the rest of this weekend goes.

Until {maybe} tomorrow. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.023seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.