Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
What are the odds?
Sunday. 10.19.14 4:54 pm
It's getting to be late October and we've actually beaten the high record for today. My phone is registering 74 for my current location. Seattle {I think the thing is based out of SeaTac airport} is registering at 71. The record high for today was 70, back in 1995. Go away summer!!! You had your time! Let the best season ever take over and do it's thing. You'll get your time again. I promise.

In searching through Craigslist ads today, I discovered one of the greatest things: washer/dryer combos. An all-in-one washer and dryer! Most of them don't even need a ventilation system! I can't afford to move yet, but I must get one for my next apartment. If I don't have any kind of obvious space for one, I'll make room for one dammit. Granted, it does take longer for you to complete a load of wash because you can't run the washer and dryer at the same time, and because the drum tends to be a bit smaller due to the compact nature of the appliance, but I don't care! It's one that would be perfect for me in my future place!

Other than that little tidbit of excitement, the rest of the day was uneventful. I thought about going shopping after work, but when the sun came out and the temperature started to rise {Seattlites are rejoicing at this seemingly 'pleasant' autumn day} I knew that I wouldn't be going anywhere after work. Instead, I came home and napped. Now I just have to wait another hour for the sun to go down before it feels right again. Who knows, maybe I'll go shopping after ... no, just kidding. I'm very much staying planted inside. The odds of a spontaneous event happening to cause me to leave my place between now and work tomorrow morning are about as high as this type of weather happening this late in the year.

Time to scour the interwebs and see what there is to occupy my time until I have to go back to bed.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Saturday. 10.18.14 9:01 pm
My friend was able to find a ring that his girlfriend would like. He doesn't really care much for it, but his tastes vary from her's and I had to keep reminding him that he was buying for her, not himself. She likes the bigger, flashier rings so he picked out one that fit that description. He still wants to look around, but if he doesn't see one that he likes, then he's already got one picked out.

After that, we stopped at the mall. He went to get food, since he hadn't eaten all day, while I went in to Spencer's to pick out more jewelry. I got a new set of 4's, a set of 14g tongue bars. They're bioflex instead of steel so not only are they a smaller size, they're much lighter than what I've been used to. There's a clear one in the set, though, which is what I wanted for interviews and such. This way I can keep the piercing without the risk of it being seen. Despite the fact that most people didn't know I have my tongue pierced, a few people would notice the flash of silver in my mouth. I'm kind of nervous about accidentally biting it, though, because I have a bad history with plastic bars. I bite down on one of the balls and it would break. Hopefully this bioflex stuff is as strong as they say it is.

I also purchased silicone plugs and I love them! They're a bitch to put in, because they're squishy, but they look really cool once they're in. The ones I have are supposed to glow in the dark, but since my hair is down when I'm at home, they won't be getting much light exposure. I have a set of green ones in now, but there's also clear in the set for job interviews. The clear squishies are less obvious than the clear plugs. The problem with these is that I like them enough to make it difficult to want to take them out to put in the new wings I got or the organic wood ones that I bought the beginning of the month. Oh well. Maybe I'll just throw them all in my purse when I got to the party and switch them out as the night goes on. See if anyone pays attention. I'll need the squishy ones to sleep, though, so those are a must bring.

Anywho, after that we headed back so that I could drop him off before his girlfriend got home from work and I made my way to Downtown so that I could meet up with randomjunk and her boyfriend for dinner. It was amusing trying to coordinate where to meet because I had no idea which garage they were parking in, but we met up just fine in front of the sushi place. It was their first time at a conveyor belt sushi place and I'm glad they liked it. It was fitting because that was the first place I had eaten out at when I moved to Seattle. The food is good and fairly inexpensive so it's never a bad choice.

Once dinner was over, we parted ways and now I have to get ready for bed for work tomorrow. Here's to hoping tomorrow doesn't completely suck.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Only me
Friday. 10.17.14 10:53 pm
I bruise my hand, somehow, during CPR class this morning. I mean, I had the correct hand position and I was applying the correct amount of pressure. Apparently the way my left hand was leaning just right on the back of my right hand was too much for the tissue and tendons underneath, or whatever it is that got bruised. I can see that there's a small spot that's slightly swollen and it's tender to the touch. This is one of those situations where someone would say "only you ..."

The class got out early and it was nice because traffic on the freeway hadn't gotten bad yet so I was still able to get home in under 30 minutes. Without traffic, the commute is about 20 min, give or take, depending on how fast the flow of traffic is going. With traffic, it could take me anywhere from 30-50+ minutes to get from point A to point B.

I was going to take a nap when I got home, but I met up with my friend for lunch. We got pizza to go and went back to her place to watch TV. We watched The Young Doctor's Notebook and Other Short Stories and Forever. It was a really nice way to spend the day. The rain being back definitely added to it.

Sleeping in and laundry for tomorrow morning's plans then I'm meeting up with another friend of mine to get in some puppy time and help him go shopping for a ring for his girlfriend. Her tastes are pretty much the opposite of mine so if I think it looks gaudy and horrible, she'd probably love it. I'm most likely going to get in a little shopping of my own while I'm out. After that, I have some tentative plans, but I haven't heard anything back about it yet. It can't be too late, though; I do have work Sunday morning.

So this is definitely a full weekend for me. A non-stressful one, but a full one nonetheless. Next weekend there might be some plans, but they're just an idea right now and could turn in to nothing. It'll depend on the circumstances. I'm cool with going out or staying in. The weekend after I have plans and I'm pretty damn excited. It'll be a fun, new experience and I can't wait!

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Encryption number 2549
Thursday. 10.16.14 6:41 pm
I feel like I've had something rather cryptic in some of the recent entries and this one will not be exempt. I've come to the realization that there's something I'd do again in close to a heartbeat. The circumstances would have to be just right in order for it to happen, but I would definitely let it happen. Oh, the things you think about when you take an extra long shower. Sometimes it allows you to clear your thoughts almost as well as when you exercise.

My trip to the eye doc today was hopefully enough to make it my last trip for a problem. The doctor did some tests to eliminate the problem as being a prescription issue and making absolute sure it was a measurement/alignment issue. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be using my new glasses. Luckily everyone there is really nice, except the one guy who's older; he's kind of a prick, but I didn't have to deal with him today so it wasn't a horrible experience.

When I left the eye place, I knew that I wasn't going to be taking the freeway home because I saw how shit the traffic was coming southbound. Instead, I wanted to see where the Ballard Market was located, you know, for future reference. I missed the exit that I needed to take, though, so I ended up getting lost in Queen Anne. Luckily I knew which direction I needed to be heading in {thank you Seattle landmarks} so I didn't have to worry about doubling back or getting turned around. It did take me a bit longer to get home than I anticipated, but it was still probably faster than the freeway. And it was a nice little scenic adventure.

I have to be up much earlier than I want to be for my day off tomorrow, but I have CPR class that is required for my job. It'll be one of those things where the alarm will go off, I'll get up, throw on the comfiest clothes I can find {yoga pants and a tank top,} toss on a jacket and flip flops and head out the door. That time of morning, it'll take me no more than 20 minutes to get to where I need to go. Coming home, however, will be a hit or miss when it comes to traffic.

After the class, I've been trying to convince myself all week that I want to go for a walk around Lake Union. There's a 6.2 mile path that goes around the entire perimeter, but I have to really be committed to this in order to accomplish the entire thing in one go. It would probably take me a good 2 hours. I have some errands to run afterward; things to search for and purchase. I'm hoping to accomplish that all in one go. We'll see what happens. Knowing me, I'll end up just coming home after class and going back to bed.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

It's fine, I'll just do it myself.
Wednesday. 10.15.14 9:28 pm
Today was one of those days where, after asking the person who's job it was to do something, I'd end up just doing it myself because it was easier than trying to get them to understand. It would have been easier to teach calculus to a rat.

I feel like I should explore the Ballard area more so that I can see what else is beyond the eye place. I have to go back there, again, tomorrow. The doc wants to do some additional testing just to ensure that everything was set up properly. Hopefully this will be enough to fix the issue and when I go pick up the glasses, it'll be the final time I'm in that area until April.

The weather was finally the kind of PNW weather I moved up here for. Cool, rainy and generally miserable. I'm glad the sun waited to make itself known until I got home and didn't have to be out in it.

I was going to clean this weekend, but I've since made plans so I guess it'll wait until next weekend. I have to purge my things; there's a lot of stuff I need to get rid of. It'll be an all day ordeal, if not two. I may live in a small space, but you'd be amazed at how much can accumulate over a length of time.

By the end of the month I'd like to have my place move-ready.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Tuesday. 10.14.14 6:21 pm
I'm feeling rather antisocial today and the reasoning behind it is rather childish. It's kind of along those lines of when someone goes "if I can't have something, then no one can." We'll leave it at that.

The weather has finally affected the tire pressure monitoring system in my car. I drove it up to the tire place and had the guy put air in them, but the light didn't go off on the way home. If it's still on when I'm leaving work tomorrow, I'll stop at the gas station and put air in the tires myself. I was hoping to avoid having to do so by driving to the 'professionals,' but apparently my car would rather me use up quarters.

After I left there, I headed back to the eye place and explained the problem I was having with the newly replaced lenses. The lady took both pairs of glasses and compared the two, then measured something with my eyes and it was determined that the current glasses have the lens just slightly off center, while the new ones were exactly centered. Since I've gotten so used to having them off by a couple millimeters, she said that she would let the lab know to put the lenses in for the exact same measurements as my current ones, so that my eyes should be able to focus as they're used to. And so I wait another week. Or so.

My 4 year anniversary in Seattle is next week and I want to do something for it. Some kind of celebratory type of thing. It's something I'll most undoubtedly be doing on my own, since it's in the middle of the week, but I wouldn't mind having company for the celebration. I guess we'll see what happens.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be acting less childish, but this is the kind of tantrum that doesn't always go away quickly. When a child throws a tantrum, people just write it off as it being an annoying child. You throw a tantrum as an adult and people question your sanity and mental health.

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.022seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.