Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
Hungover? Sweat it out!
Monday. 9.7.15 3:35 pm
Last night I hung out with a few friends for a round of 5 Tribes, and Cards Against Humanity. Alcohol was introduced in to the second game and it was pretty amazing. We're all horrible people, and the cards drawn and chosen were proof enough of that; if anyone ever actually needs proof, anyway.

Because I'd only had one thing to eat the entire day, the few bottles of beer that I had {two of the taller bottles from Elysian Brewery: one at 6.3% and the other at 8.1% and a bottle of a 5.6% Oktoberfest kind} made me quite cozy. We all hung out longer than we normally would have so that the two of use who needed to drive home could do so without being intoxicated.

This morning I woke up with a slight hangover and I was quite reluctant to go to the gym, but I decided to stick with it ... and pray that I didn't puke. A friend of mine, who's recently starting going to the gym himself, calls it "rise and grind." I like that phrase; it's fitting. I asked him what kind of advice he had for going to the gym with a hangover and he said to run until I puke, then keep going because it had only been 30 seconds. I laughed harder at that than I probably should have ...

I took it a little easier than I have been. I only ran for 35 minutes and only went 2.49 miles. I was sweating quite a bit more than normal, despite taking it back a notch, so I'm thinking that my body was sweating out all the toxins still left behind. I didn't puke, I only had one side stitch episode, and I felt pretty damn good afterwards. I think if I'd consumed more than the alcohol I did, the gym would not have been possible this morning so I'm thankful I limited myself.

After the shower, I hung out for about 30 minutes before going back out to the store and then to my friend's workplace to hang out for their little Labor Day "BBQ." I say it that way because it was inside an office and someone brought in their George Foreman grill to use for the hot dogs. I only ate some pasta salad and a hot dog. I let them keep the bag of chips that I didn't even try because I know that if I'd taken them home, I would have eaten the whole thing in a matter of days. With as well as I'm doing with the weight loss right now, I don't need more temptations than necessary. It's already going to be difficult enough with another potluck for lunch on Thursday and happy hour afterwards the same day.

It's a short work week, though, since we're off today for the holiday so I'm definitely happy about that. I'm also pretty happy with the progress I've made so far. I still have a long way to go before I reach my goal, but it's nice seeing results.

Until next time. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Every-season-in-24-hours season is back
Saturday. 9.5.15 6:48 pm
It's definitely changing from summer to fall. This entire past week has been gradually getting cooler and cooler. It's rained more often over the last week than it has over the last three months combined. Today, it started out quite chilly; the temperature was below 50 at sunrise. It warmed up to a comfortable high 60s, with the sun shining bright between puffy white clouds. There was even a cool breeze to make it the ultimate perfect temperature for being comfortable.

Around 4 I laid down for a nap, with the sun still shining, but two hours later I was awoken to thunder and a pretty heavy rain for Seattle. There wasn't even a 50% chance of rain today so it was quite the pleasant surprise. I opened my blinds just in time for the final bit of lightning and thunder before the rain tapered off to what Seattle is used to getting.

I think there's a Sounders game tonight; the Geico banner plane was flying around earlier and the stadium lights are all on. I guess I'll find out here shortly because they set off fireworks when the game starts. It kind of sucks for the players, but they are more than capable of playing in the rain. That's why Safeco Field has a convertible top and the Clink doesn't have one at all.

I got up this morning, drove up north to put gas in my car, stopped at the eye glass place so that they could actually see the scratched up lenses that needed replacing before ordering new ones for me, and then proceeded to the gym to get in my run. I went for a little more time today and covered a little more distance. I'm pretty damn close to finishing 3 miles in 40 minutes. If I can get there by the end of the month, I'll be happy. Then I start working on shaving off time to get to the 10 minute mile people strive for.

On top of the gym this morning, I've also completed my lunge challenge for the day. It's another challenge my sister and I are doing for the month of September. She started everything else over as well, because we never really finished the other two challenges. Because I'm going to the gym once/twice per week, I count that towards my working out. My DC trip is what screwed up the challenges last month. This month should be fine since I'm not going anywhere and next month should be okay too, since my Vegas trip will have been a little more thoroughly planned. Also, my sister's place has a community fitness center that I can use so even that won't have to stop.

I'll be getting on a scale again tomorrow {I will own my own scale one of these days} and I'm really hoping the number has gone down again, but I also understand that all the lunges and running has probably increased my muscles so I have to take that in to account. Scale doesn't care if you have muscle or fat; it just tells it like it feels it.

Anwyho, it's a three day weekend and I'm pretty damn happy about not having to go to work that day. Any extra time I have off from work is good, especially when it's a paid holiday. I'll be taking another three day weekend in a month; I used my floating holiday to take my birthday off, which is actually a month from today. 13 months from today I'll be 30 ... woo! As soon as I get back from Vegas and get caught up on my bills and such, I'll be saving like the dickens to take two more weeks off for next year's birthday. I'm going back east and this time around I'll have time and money to do whatever I want. Ahh! I can't wait!

Until next time. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Silly little things
Thursday. 9.3.15 8:15 pm
I'm so over this week. Patients have just been extra annoying this week and I'm thinking it's because we're coming in to a holiday weekend. People tend to go a little nuts because they feel like they need to get in immediately when the issue they're having has been going on for weeks and weeks. All of a sudden, we tell them that we're closed on Monday and they freak out thinking they're never going to be seen ever again.

I really wish I was exaggerating.

It's kind of crazy that it's already September. October is next month. Thanksgiving is in two months and Christmas is in three. Then it'll be 2016! Holy crap. If you ever feel like time isn't going by fast enough, work in a scheduling department. Especially one that regularly books out several weeks in advance.

I'm still kind of going out of my mind about DC... I need to work on bettering this... this thing I have. I guess it's only an issue if it's affecting my daily life, which it's not. I can still go about my day and do things I like to do. The difference is that I always have this feeling in the back of my mind. Or the forefront of my mind, depending on what I'm doing and how distracted I am. Oh well. It is what it is and it'll work out how it's supposed to.

Anywho, I'm gonna read a little before I go to bed. I'm finally reading a book a friend let me borrow over a year ago. I'm kind of in to it; I'll definitely finish it, but I'm not sure if it's one I'll ever pick up to read again. I'm mostly just getting through it because he won't let me borrow The Martian until I finish this one. Maybe I can convince his fiance to sneak it to me on a day that she and I hang out without him ...

Until next time. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Tuesday. 9.2.15 9:35 pm
Funny how certain things trigger certain memories, even ones you're not sure are even real memories. The ones I'm thinking of, at this particular moment, are definitely real.

Songs, smells, movies, sights, sounds. All these things can trigger memories, some of which you never know are going to be a good one or bad. Even if the memory is good or bad, the reaction it can trigger can be the exact opposite of what you'd originally experienced. A very happy memory can trigger a very sad reaction depending on the situation. A once sad memory can become a smile because you're realizing that you've made it. You got through a time when you thought otherwise.

The memories can change, as well. They fade and the details become less etched in to your mind as it continuously fills with others. The emotions, however, are what stays behind. A friend of mine always questioned how I felt in dreams because that was what was important. The content of the dream meant nothing. It was just conjured ridiculousness that your subconscious squished together to make something for you to visualize. But the feeling behind the dream, that's what matters. You could have the craziest dream, but feel incredibly elated in it. And vice versa.

I know I've talked about this before; it's a recurring theme for me. I dream quite a bit and I remember an odd amount of my dreams. However, this is about a song, not a dream.

I leave from an amazing time and a song that had been discussed during this time was the first thing to come on the radio as soon as we'd parted ways. Another song that was shared when I was present, but not necessarily directed toward me, comes on as the first song on the Pandora mix I have. Each time, I smile. Right now, these are still happy memories that create happy reactions. I honestly hope they stay that way forever.

Sure, I'd like to continue creating memories, but the time isn't right for this particular instance. Hopefully, if time allows, it'll come and I'll be the happiest person in the world.

It'll come; I just have to be patient.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Milking a lost cause
Saturday. 8.29.15 7:56 pm
Be it extremely emotional, controversial, messed up, or whatever, this entry has been password protected.

If you know it, enter it; or, ask me for it.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Adventures in VA and DC! {a very long entry; you've been warned}
Thursday. 8.27.15 6:21 pm
The whole weekend went by so quickly, it almost felt like a dream.

I got up for work around 6:30am Friday morning. I'd packed my bag the night before, so I really only had to make sure to throw in the last minute items: charger, hairbrush, etc. I got dressed for work, made sure my windows were still cracked, but not open wide enough to flood the place should it suddenly decide to rain while I was gone, and locked the place up. I would be leaving for the airport 4.5 hours later.

I was able to obtain a ride to the airport so that I wouldn't have to worry about making it just barely in time using public transportation. I had more than enough time to get through security and to my terminal. The flight ended up being delayed by an hour, which was just enough time for me to get to the next airport, use the bathroom, and board the next flight. This, added to the issue at the very end of the trip {details later,} I will be taking direct flights from now on.

I made it to DC just before 2am local time and made my way on the shuttle over to the car rental place. Now, I'm sure Hertz is a great car company, but I'm never using them again either. They have a $200 deposit for the car, which would be fine if I was rich, but since I'm not, I'm not using them again. The issue, however, was not that it was $200, it's that the hotel was holding their money so I was actually short the amount that I needed for said deposit.

I ended up staying at the car rental place, off and on the phone between my mom and cousin, for 3 hours trying to figure out how to get a vehicle to drive the remainder of the way to the hotel, which was another 2 hours away. Eventually, after realizing there was absolutely no way to get money in to my account at that time of the morning, I decided to make some phone calls and find out how much other rental car agencies charged for their deposit.

Dollar General and National both charged 15%, but neither location was open until 8am {it was 5am at that point.} Enterprise charged 20%, but they were open at 5:30am, so I went with them. I reserved the car online, since it was cheaper than doing so over the phone and headed back on the shuttle to the airport to hop on the Enterprise shuttle back to the rental car place. I was finally able to obtain a vehicle and made my way south to the hotel.

8am Saturday morning, I arrive at the hotel and, after having been awake for a solid 24 hours and letting everyone I'd been in contact with know that I'd made it, I passed out. 3 hours later ... wide. the fuck. awake. Go figure. At this point, I took a much needed shower and text a couple people to find out if it was cool to go hang out at their hotel, which it was, obviously. I drove a quarter mile down the road and met up with my aunts.

The one aunt I'd seen just last summer, when she was out on business, but the other? It had been at least 13 years, if not longer. I honestly don't remember how long ago it was when I saw her last, but it's been way too fucking long. I met with the two of them in the lobby and hung out for a little bit, until my cousin {the one who was getting married} walked in and it turned in to even more of an on the spot family reunion. Minimum 13 years since I last saw him as well. My uncle was with him and of course, being that he would be getting married later that day, he needed to borrow his parents for related issues.

My other aunt hung out and we continued to converse for a little bit longer until my Uncle mentioned he was going across the way to Applebee's for some grub, since he'd not eaten anything yet. Plus, my other cousins were already there eating and I'd not seen then yet. We walked over and I got a salad, while he got a wrap. It was more lunch at this point, seeing as how it was after 1. While there, my other Uncle joined us and the two cousins left to help their brother set up at the venue, since they were part of his groomsman. I stayed and finished eating my much needed meal.

After that, we made our way back to the hotel and I hung out in the lobby waiting for everyone to get ready {I was already dressed, since I'd taken my shower earlier.} While playing on my phone, another cousin came down and he had no idea I'd be there, so that was quite the pleasant surprise. It was kind of the point, though. I wanted to surprise people, since it's been between 10 and 20 years.

Instead of riding on the already full car with my aunt and uncle, I was talked in to taking the shuttle with my cousin and his brother and most of the rest of the wedding party so I text my aunt then followed my cousin up to his room. I met his new wife and his kids {who were 17 and 14} and hung out until it was time to go. His brother had no idea I'd be there either until we all met up in the lobby to wait for the shuttle.

Once there, it was a beautiful place! I'd have loved to take more landscape pictures, but I was there for my cousin, not to play photographer. That being said, I did take quite a few pictures while on this trip. The wedding itself was amazing. I'm so thankful that I got to be a part of it. His vows made most everyone tear up; I was trying so hard not to cry. Only a few tears escaped. The rest got sucked up by my contacts.

I met my cousin's {not the one who was getting married; his older brother} best friend in the lobby of the hotel and I ended up sitting next to him during the ceremony. We hung out off and on throughout cocktail hour and the reception afterwards. Drinks, many drinks, were had, lots of dancing, loud music, delicious food, funny speeches, toasts, selfies and all around good times ensued. We all got back to the hotel around midnight and the party sort of continued among the guests at Applebee's until they closed at 1.

I crashed with the best friend that evening and we were up early the next morning due to a prior engagement he had. It made me kinda sad, but he said he'd come hang out again before I left so I had that to look forward to. I also knew that I had only Sunday to do any kind of exploring before flying back home on Monday. I went back to my hotel, packed up my shit, checked out and went back to the hotel that my cousins were staying at.

I text the one whom I'd agreed to go have breakfast with and we headed out around 11. They lived in the opposite direction, more towards Norfolk, rather than DC, so after breakfast we said our goodbyes and parted ways. I set up Google Maps on my phone, picked out the easiest, most straight forward route and headed back. Since I'd only gotten approximately 2 hours of sleep the night before, I became super tired about an hour in to the drive. I rolled the windows all the way down and blasted the music... until I realized the heat was just making the drowsiness worse. I rolled the windows up, turned up the AC and continued to blast the music.

Once back in DC, I followed the road signs for Arlington Cemetery. I don't know about you guys, but if you've ever driven in DC, you'll understand why I continually got lost for an hour before finally arriving at my destination. I pretty much made every single turn except the one that actually needed to make... every single time I turned back around and tried again. I ended up at the Air Force Memorial, which was cool. The statues and information there was interesting. It was a good excuse to get out of the car and stretch my legs, give my brain a little bit of a chance to wake up and get oxygen flowing back to it.

I ended up accidentally turning in to the military base; the guard at the entrance was so kind, though. It was ridiculously obvious that I was lost and had no idea where I was going. Not only did I have a WA license, but I was driving a car from Ontario, Canada. He was nice enough to let me in so that I could turn around and then gave me more accurate directions on how to actually get to the cemetery entrance from there. Thanks to this, I finally made it to where I wanted to be.

Once I'd parked, I changed in to walking shoes from my flip flops and headed out, ready to take pictures. The place is beautiful. It's incredibly well maintained. It's peaceful, quiet and *most* people were respectful of the place. Even the tiny humans that were there with families were mostly well behaved. The one thing I had to do while I was there: watch the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns. It was the first major point I had to stop at along the route I was following on the map. It's much easier to see this during the summer, as they change out every half an hour. You know, heat stroke is a thing. There were signs up asking people to be respectful and stay silent, which actually happened! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but in the 20ish minutes I was there, I only heard 3 cell phones go off and only two kids had to be shushed.

Afterward, I made my way around the cemetery and eventually made my way to the JFK grave site. The eternal flame was cool to see, but people were far less respectful at this site, despite the fact that the same signs were posted. I'm thinking it's because everyone at that site was dead, while the Tomb of the Unknowns had a live guard. Who knows, but after 3 hours of walking around and taking pictures, I was ready to head back.

I plugged in my aunt's address and only made one wrong turn on my way back to her place. Luckily I'd realized the mistake and was able to quickly adjust and make my way back. Once there, I hung out with my aunt for a bit. My cousin and uncle had gone out to play a round of disc golf; my cousin's wife was taking advantage of the baby being asleep and my other cousin was napping. It was nice being able to just hang out and relax.

Once my cousin and uncle got home, pizza was ordered and we all hung out watching a movie on the big ass TV in the family room, which would be where I'd crash later. Once dinner was complete, I took a much needed shower and got cozy. My cousin broke out a game called Sentinels of the Multiverse, which is a pretty fun game. I see myself playing that again. Apparently one of my coworkers out here actually has the tabletop game so perhaps I'll play with her and her husband at some point.

At around 1:30am, I finally gave in and crashed the fuck out. I slept for a solid 5 hours, making it the most consecutive sleep I'd had since getting up for work Friday morning. The night prior, right before dinner, my cousin asked if I'd be up to playing disc golf with him, his best friend and my uncle, to which I willingly agreed to. It was the hanging out that I'd wanted from the friend before we parted ways Sunday morning.

Monday around 10:30ish, the 4 of us, taking two cars, made our way to the course. I'd only ever heard of the game because of my cousin so I was excited to see how it was played. Being the person I am, I also wanted to actually be good at it by the time I was finished. There's a lot of mechanics involved, but once you get the hang of the basics, you work your way up to the more intricate stuff. I was getting advice from all three of them throughout the course and it was just so much fun! I apparently did quite well considering it was my first time, but I will have to make sure I do better next time around.

I had to return the rental car by 2, but I was running a little behind due to the game. Not complaining at all, though. It was totally worth it. However, when I realized that my flight was being delayed ... and delayed and delayed, I noticed that it got to the point where my flight in Denver would not land until AFTER my connecting flight back to Seattle had already left. Big problem with this.

Once the car was returned, I made a phone call to the airline to find out what I could do about switching flights so that I could be back in Seattle in time to be at work at 8am Tuesday morning. The lady I spoke with informed me that there were no other flights from Denver to Seattle until 7am Tuesday morning ... which would definitely not be okay. I asked what I would have to do in order to get back to my final destination, to which I was informed that it would cost me $200 to change my flight completely, since it would be a different route. {yes, again with the $200} This was bullshit, so I told her I'd call back.

I explained to my aunt what was going on and she suggested I call back and ask for a supervisor. The need to change the flight was not due to me fucking up; the airline fucked up. I had nothing to do with the flight being delayed. At this point we were back at her place and I was visibly annoyed. I called the airline back, got a different person on the phone and requested to speak with a supervisor. The guy I spoke to politely asked me what the reason was and when I explained why, he asked if I was going to be flying out of the same area and going to the same place. I told him yes, there were three airports in the vicinity to choose from and Seattle was still my final destination. He informed me that there shouldn't be a charge for this, since it wasn't my fault and I wasn't exactly changing my route. I was offered a direct flight, but it would be leaving 2 hours from then.

I confirmed with my aunt that if we left right at that moment, we could make it in time. I told the guy okay, booked the new flight, said very quick goodbyes and left for the airport. I was back home 3 hours earlier than I originally was supposed to be and was actually at my place an hour before my original flight was supposed to even land. Altogether, between the time I woke up for work Friday morning and when I crashed out Monday night, I'd gotten no more than 10 hours of sleep. But it was so worth it.

I'm already planning my next trip out there, but it won't be for at least another year. However, this time it'll be a full two weeks. I'm going to be making up for lost time and ensuring that I get to do everything that I want to do and more.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.023seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.