Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
did I mention my wedding?
Sunday. 11.11.07 9:52 pm
Yep, you read that right. Today was supposed to be my wedding day. The happiest day of my life. But the relationship fell apart. Besides, I was only 17 years old; I had no idea what I was doing. I'm glad that it fell apart because I would have never experienced living on my own as I did. I would not be where I am today if I had stayed with him. Yes, I would have loved to have been getting married today, but I'm glad that I'm not.

Anywho, the real title of this entry is "painting: part 1."

We started to cover up the Wal-Mart blue color with a very light grey primer so that the dark grey paint will cover it easily. We got most of the room primered, but it's getting late and we're both tired. It will be continued {and finished} tomorrow. Then we let the primer dry for a day before we start the actual painting. Once the dark grey paint has been finished, we let it dry for a day. The final step will be doing the trim and painting the door. Both will be white. This way I'll have some contrast in the room. Hopefully I'll have the room finished, dry and will be able to start moving my stuff into it by this weekend. *fingers crossed*

My hands are sore from holding the paint handle and putting pressure on it so that I can squeeze as much paint out of the roller as possible. I don't want to have to buy another can of primer.

One of the downfalls to painting is that it's messy. I've managed to get paint on my arms, face, legs and feet. I was able to get most of the paint off my arms and all of it off my face, but I'm going to get in the shower to get the rest of it.

Alright, I think that's it for tonight. Here's to painting tomorrow ... and to my would-be wedding day!

Comment! (5) | Recommend!

Saturday. 11.10.07 11:11 pm
Ugh, I'm so tired right now and I need to be at work in about 9 hours, but my hair is still too wet to sleep on. And don't suggest using a blow dryer, I don't have one.

Today was a fairly busy day. I got to work at 9, took a 15 minute break halfway through my shift and came home at 2. My leg was bothering me a bit towards the end of the shift, but that's becasue I've been sitting doing nothing the last few days. I had an imense headache though. It kind of outweighed the pain in my leg. I still have the headache, but it's subsided some.

After work, I got home and helped Steve and Jean move more of Jean's stuff over to her apartment. Bringing her couch and loveseat up the stairs was a bitch. I'm glad I don't have to do that again. The entertainment center is pretty big, but it comes apart into three sections so it should be easier and less awkward than the couches. Stairs suck regardless of what you're bringing up them though.

The bedroom is completely empty except for the cable box, which is staying in the room. The only thing that's still in the room that's Jean's is the extra curtain thing that she has on the window. It's not necessary for me to have, so she can take it whenever she wants. I will be starting to paint the room tomorrow. Yay! I'm excited. I cleaned the floor tonight. I got down on my hands and knees with paper towels and Fantastik {yes, it's spelled that way} and cleaned the whole floor. Then I took the last Swiffer Wetjet pad that we had and did another speep/mop of the floor. I don't think it's 100% clean, but it'll do for now.

In the next few days I'll be going up to work to pick up my futon. I'll be moving my TV, the cabinet thing that I have it on, my stereo and some of my totes into my room on the same day. Most likely Thursday since I have off that day. I also want to buy a moon chair to put in the corner and maybe a desk, if I have the money and the room. It's basically going to be a smaller version of the living/bedroom area I had at my apartment. I'm even thinking about putting a couple of my totes together in the middle of my room, getting a cloth tablecloth, draping it over them and making a sort of makeshift coffee table. It all depends, though, on how much room I'll have and how much money I'm able to spend.

Alright, I think this entry is long enough. I'm also too tired, I have no idea what else to say. I'll write again tomorrow.

Comment! (4) | Recommend!

moving out
Friday. 11.9.07 10:04 pm
No, unfortunately, I'm not the one moving out. I'll actually be doing an entry in about a week that'll be titled "moving in", but that'll be in a week.

Anywho, Jean has almost all of her stuff out of the bedroom. Steve has pretty much all of his stuff out of the bedroom also. Tomorrow after I get off work, I'll be coming home to help them get the rest of the stuff out. Hopefully it won't take too long. It can't be any later than 4ish because Steve has somewhere he needs to be tomorrow evening.

Ma and I went out early this morning to pick up our paychecks and we went to the casino to cash them. We didn't stop to play this time though. It's fine with me because I don't like gambling and I don't have the money to waste. I need all the money I can get.

After we left the casino, we headed out to pay a few of the bills, stopped a the bank so I could deposit some money, went to Home Depot to buy me my paint {yay!!!} and finally went to the store to get dinner. The paint I have is pretty. It's a dark grey color. It's not a normal color people would find pretty, but I'm not a fan of the brighter colors. I'm looking very forward to painting my room. And I'm looking more foward to actually getting into that room and out of the living room. Yay futon! Boo couch! Ha.

Alright, I think that's it for tonight. Oh, that cute guy at my work? It's a no go. I'm glad I didn't pursue it further. K, I'm done. Till tomorrow ...

Comment! (3) | Recommend!

Thursday. 11.8.07 12:27 pm
I uploaded a couple pictures to my gallery that I took of the bruise. Some people are weird about stuff like that so I'll just let you click on the gallery, rather than me putting them in the entry.

It looks the same today as it did yesterday. I think it's hit its worst point and from here it'll only get better. It still hurts whenever I put any kind of pressure on it, sitting down and standing up still hurt, but once I'm in the position, I'm good.

There's a hard lump right in the middle of the bruise; that's where it hurts. All the color around it is just that: color. I still think it looks like a heart. It's oddly amusing that when Steve first saw it {at a glance} he thought it was a new tattoo and was going to comment on it. Then he realized it was a bruise and had to change his comment. Then Tiffany saw a picture of it and she said it looks like it was drawn on. Well, it's definitely not drawn on, but it looks a lot worse than it feels.

I'm off today and tomorrow, but I work on Saturday. I'm going to go in tomorrow so that I can pick up my check. If my boss is still there, I'm going to show her the two pictures I took. I think the reactions people have are funny. It really does look worse than it actually feels. My sister's boyfriend is the only one who didn't go "ouch!" He was just like "if it's not bleeding, you're good to go." Which is basically my reaction. I'm not bleeding, I don't have any broken bones and I'm still coherent; I'm good to go.

Uhhhh, Phenomenon was good last night. The idiot faker got voted off, which was to be expected. The other two guys that got voted off, I don't even remember what they did in their performances. I have my two favorites; one of the guys and the one girl. I'd be happy if either of them won. I'm looking forward to next week to see who gets voted off. Then it'll be down to the final three. It's a rather short competition.

Life doesn't end the same way as Heroes, but there's always a piece at the very end that makes you wonder what's going to happen next. Each episode has a case that's solved by the end of the hour-long show, but the bigger case, Charlie's case, isn't even close to being solved. Each episode there are new clues pointing towards who did it, but it's too early in the series to even {at least correctly} guess who did it is. We don't even know if the person who did it has been introduced into the story yet. I want to know who did it and how it happened, but when that happens it means the season will be almost over. And I don't want that. Lqtm.

Anywho, I think that's it for today. I might write again tomorrow, but it won't be till late.

Comment! (4) | Recommend!

injury numero uno
Tuesday. 11.6.07 8:43 am
I got my first work-related injury today. It was serious enough that I had to fill out an incident report {which is actually more annoying than the injury itself} and the manager sent me home. I still get paid for the rest of the day because I was injured at work and sent home. I guess that's another thing I need to get used to, along with the law-required breaks.

What happened was a pallet got stuck on the ramp while they were taking it off the truck. All 5 of us had to push it to get unstuck and back up in the truck. After it was unstuck, I took a step back and my leg went right through the hole between the ramp and the edge of the truck. My ass is what stopped me. I now have a nice scratched bruise on the backside of my thigh, right under my ass. It's about 5 inches long and about 2 inches wide, at the biggest point; it's scratched, bruised and swollen. Luckily it's not bleeding. I would have never been able to get the blood out of the white pants I was wearing.

According to the 4 people who saw me fall, I'm not the first person to have done that. Apparently they all have too. It's sort of an initiation ... I'm now an official truck/stocker employee. I definitely bruised the muscle because every time it flexes {basically whenever I move} I can feel the tension. I need to call my boss tomorrow just to let her know that I'm fine. I don't have to work again until Saturday, but I'm supposed to be helping Jean move her stuff out over the next few days and I'm also going out on Friday because it's payday. I guess I'll just have to see how I feel.

Sitting hurts. Once I'm in a comfy position with as little pressure on my leg as possible, I'm okay. As soon as I go to move to a different position, the pain hits. I'll be fine though. This is not the worst injury I've had. It's just in an inconvenient spot. It should be healed completely in a month.

So now, basically, I'm not going to be doing much in the way of anything the next few days. Walking involves limping because of the swelling, I can't bend my leg correctly. I'd use crutches to help, if I had them. But I don't and I can't afford them, so I limp.

Ha, I was complaining about having nothing to talk about; now I can update on my injury every couple of days.

Comment! (5) | Recommend!

Monday. 11.5.07 7:03 pm
I have to be at work in 9 hours. I don't plan on going to bed for another 4. I have to work until noon tomorrow and I know that I'm going to be dead tired once I get off. But that's okay, I have three days off afterwards.

I'm not going to say that I like my job, but it's better than the restaurant. I have the muscle tone back in my legs, but I haven't lost any weight. I'm moving around quite a bit, I'm lifting stuff and I'm eating less, but I still haven't lost weight. Ugh.

I get my first paycheck on Friday. It's not going to be a whole lot because I only worked about 28 hours. I don't think my next paycheck will be any more because I'm working about the same amount of hours this week. I want full time hours, but they didn't hire me for that, nor do they have the extra hours to fit me in full time. Maybe once the season is over I'll be able to stay on full time.

Ha, I thought that I would have more to write about once I got a job, but alas, I was wrong.

Chuck and Heroes is on tonight. Two shows I'm completely addicted to. Two shows I absolutely love.

Oh! Steve is already moved out and Jean is leaving on Wednesday! Which means I get my room!!! I'm going to work on painting it Thursday and Friday and I'll be airing it out Saturday and Sunday so hopefully by Monday I'll be able to start moving stuff in. I'm looking forward to getting at least some of my privacy back. I'll be able to shut a door and keep people out. I won't have to worry about inhaling smoke on a regular basis because I'll be able to shut the door. I'll have my own little cove.

Alrighty, that's it for tonight. I can't think of anything else to write about.

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.032seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.