Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
twas a busy, but good two days
Saturday. 12.26.09 9:03 am
Christmas Eve morning was spent running around doing last minute shopping. I didn't get anything for my mom or sister yet, but they both understood why. I did get stuff for my boyfriend and his mother and they both got things for me ... even though we said none of us was going to buy anything for anyone. We joked saying we didn't buy anything, we just stole it all.

The middle of the day was spent at my boyfriend's house just hanging out. They had an extra futon bed thing from when his grandmother had stayed and since they didn't need it anymore, we took it apart and brought it over for my sister, since she didn't have a bed yet. We were supposed to do that at 11am, but it didn't get done until around 3pm. Neither one of us was really up to taking it apart and moving it; and besides, it really wouldn't have fit in either of our cars so we had to wait for his mom to come home anyway.

Shortly after that, I had to go over and get my sister. She was scheduled to be off at 4pm which, after closing and paperwork, would put her getting off around 4:30pm. I arrived at the mall at about quarter till 5 and she was still with a family. We ended up not getting out of the mall until quarter after 6 ... 15 minutes after the entire mall closed for the day, two hours and 15 minutes after the portrait studio had closed. The mall parking lot wasn't very fun trying to get out of. It wasn't too bad, but with everyone and their mother trying to leave at the same time, it was a quite a bit busier than normal.

After I dropped her off at home, I went back to Jacob's. We had a simple dinner consisting of various appetizers and side dishes. It was pretty good stuff. We also watched "It's A Wonderful Life," a movie which I had never seen, and I enjoyed it. Afterwards, though, I was just so tired so I layed down. This was about 10pm {my day had started at 6:30am and I didn't rest too much in between.] For the next hour and a half, I only remember one thing and even that was incredibly vague. I remember Jake coming in to the room. I don't know if he layed down, played on the computer, what. I just remember him coming in. I don't remember him leaving, though. But when he came back in at 11:30pm, I remember that. Mostly cuz it was bedtime lol. His day consisted of being just as busy and had started only about half an hour after mine.

Christmas Day was good as well. We were up at quarter after 7am, opened gifts, took showers and prepared the lasagna. Yes, we had lasagna for Christmas dinner/lunch. Food was served at around 12:30pm; we had a few guests come over. Afterwards we headed out to go geo-caching. If you don't know what that is, geo-caching is synonymous to treasure hunting/scavenger hunting. We get coordinates off the internet and there's trinkets hidden at these coordinates. Using the TomTom and a handheld GPS we were able to locate these items. The smaller items to find aren't very exciting, but the bigger finds are pretty cool. Those are harder to get to, but not hidden as well due to the fact that they simply are harder to get to; not everyone would be able to get to where they're hidden.

That lasted from around 2 or 3pm until shortly after 5. At that point everyone was tired and we were all ready to go home. Jacob and I went in and took a nap; we had a movie to go to at 11 and neither of us wanted to be falling asleep during the movie.

Avatar in IMAX 3D was amazing. If you have the opportunity to go, do so. After the movie, we went back to his house, I gathered up my stuff and came home. I would have stayed another night, but he had stuff he had to take care of this morning.

And so that was my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas was good this year.

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

new apartment stuff
Wednesday. 12.23.09 5:06 pm
So it's been a few days since I moved in and I'm really liking the place. Especially now that our gas has been turned on. The guy came right as I was coming home from work so he was here when I walked in the door. The heat works well. I only have it set at like 71 or 72 right now, but it keeps the place much warmer than outside.

The hot water in the shower is amazing. I don't have to rush through my showers just to enjoy the hot water while it lasts like I would with an electric water heater. The shower head has to go, though. I have a hand-held already, but I just haven't gotten around to changing it. I'll be doing it tonight, though. Today's shower reminded me how much the one that's there sucks. I also tried out the washer and dryer yesterday. They both work well. The washer sounds weird. It's really quiet at first, then it sounds like an airplane trying to take off. Oh well. It's in the apartment so I'm okay with the noise.

I'm still unpacking and haven't really gone grocery shopping yet. I'm waiting until after the holiday so that when we go to Wal-Mart, it won't be crazy busy.

My sister started moving her stuff in on Monday, but she's not even halfway done. I have a feeling it's going to take a while for her to move everything in.

Four day weekend! I'm off tomorrow and Friday and then of course the weekend. I'm glad. I needed a break from that place. Today was good, but the last two days sucked ass. I don't know how many times I was this close to walking out in the middle of my shift. So so so sick of bullshit.

Anywho, I just wanted to update real quick. If I don't write before then, have a Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! To those who don't, enjoy your weekend!

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

the details I promised
Sunday. 12.20.09 4:57 pm
For whatever reason I was awake at 6:30 yesterday morning. After laying there for another half hour and unsuccessfully falling back asleep, I decided I'd better start getting things ready to pack into the car. It's probably a good thing too. I didn't realize I still had so much left to get together. By the time 8am rolled around {the time I had originally planned on getting up at} I had pretty much gotten all of the rest of my stuff ready to be bought out to the car. So I started taking my futon apart. I also called Jake to wake him up so that he'd be able to get ready to come over and help me by 9.

He got there right on time and we started moving stuff into his mom's car {her car is bigger than his.} Once we loaded up that car, we started to pack up mine. Between packing up the vehicles, moving and unpacking, it took a total of two hours.

Neither one of us had had something to eat before we started so on the way back to pick up the rest of the stuff, I stopped at McD's to get something quick and cheap to eat. The second time took just about 2 hours also, but this trip we were able to fit the rest of everything into both cars. I'm so glad he helped me. It would have taken a lot longer had it just been me and my car.

I'm completely moved in now. I have to stop by the old apartment tomorrow to check the place again, real quick to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything, to check my mail box one more time and to turn in the keys.

Unfortunately I didn't call the gas company in time to have our gas turned on in the apartment so we don't have any heat or hot water until Tuesday. Luckily I'm able to go over to Jacob's and use his shower until then. My sister hasn't moved in yet because she has nowhere to go that's right down the street to shower. Once the gas is turned on, though, that's when she'll start to move in.

I mentioned a while ago that she was pregnant. She was probably around 3 months then. She's sitting at about 4 1/2 months now and she's got a baby bump. She can't really deny that she's pregnant now. I guess because I know her, it's obvious, but she tells me that people argue with her whether she is or not. Supposedly her stomach sticking out like that makes her look "average" instead of the "skinny" that people assume she was. I dunno. All I know is that I couldn't stop looking at is last night. I'm sure it'll be even more like that once she starts to look really pregnant.

Anywho, I'm thinking about adding another blanket to my bed tonight. I've already got one, plus my plush blanket, plus my fleece blanket. I've got another fleece, but I'm not sure where I put it. Maybe I'll look for it when I'm done with this.

... which I think is now. Cuz I can't think of what else to write about.

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

quick update
Sunday. 12.20.09 12:03 am
I'm officially moved out of the old place and into the new place. Now all that's left is organizing my stuff and moving my sister in. That's probably going to take a while because she has a lot more stuff than me. Oh well. It'll all get moved in somehow.

I'm really, really tired right now, though so I'll write more details tomorrow.

Comment! (3) | Recommend!

Thursday. 12.17.09 4:23 pm
I still have a bit of packing left to do; filling up that one empty tote, taking my suitcase and other stuff out of the closet, taking the posters off my wall, etc. I've been planning on doing that all day ... have I even started? Nope. I will once I'm done with this. I think this is the last thing I can do before I've pretty much run out of things to help me procrastinate even longer.

I'll be needing to get plenty of sleep tomorrow night so I'll be awake and energized on Saturday. I plan on going to bed fairly early, probably around the same time I go to bed during the work week, so that I can get up early and still be rested. I should probably go to bed a little early tonight too because I have a bit of running around errands to take care of tomorrow.

I didn't realize that I wasn't very active on here over the last week. Did I even leave any comments? I honestly don't remember. I know I've read a few of the normal blogs that I keep up with, I just don't remember if I left any comments.

I had an embarrassing and slightly traumatizing experience yesterday ... I was at Wendy's and I had to use the bathroom so of course, I go in to use it. Like most fast food joints, it's just the one room. Only one person at a time can use it. I lock the door and sit down to do my business. All of a sudden this lady bursts in. Now, the normal human reaction when you accidentally walk in on someone like that is "oh my god, I'm so sorry!!" and quickly shut the door. Not this lady. No, she just stood there and stared at me for a minute, then got pissed at me and bitched me out for not locking the door. Then she shut the door and walked away. It turns out the lock was broken. I thought it was locked; the deadbolt looked like it had gone into the hole, but obviously not.

I was so bothered by it, I lost my appetite and wanted to just crawl into a corner and cry. You know, it's one thing when someone accidentally walks in on you using the bathroom, but it's a completely other thing when that person stares at you and bitches you out for some shit that wasn't even your fault. She didn't even apologize.

I really hate people sometimes.

Ugh, I already hated using public rest rooms. Now it's even more. I hate it. With a deep passion. Maybe I should start bringing a sign with me. "Occupied. Don't fucking open the door!"

Anywho I don't want to end the entry that way so I'll say one more time how happy I am to be moving into this new place. Only one more day!

Comment! (3) | Recommend!

tired and bored
Sunday. 12.13.09 7:33 pm
I don't actually have anything specific I want to write about; I just felt like blogging.

I got some of my stuff packed up. There's not really a whole lot more I can do right at the moment since I only have one more tote and it's being used to support the TV. I'm probably going to finish up everything on Thursday or Friday after work. I'm going to try to get a few boxes from work tomorrow. I don't think I'll need more than one, but having a few extras won't hurt anything.

The only issue that I'm having is that I'll have to get up really early Saturday morning to take apart my bed. Putting it back together really doesn't bother me because then I can just lay down when I'm finished. This isn't as much of an issue as it normally would be because it's for a good reason, but I still don't like waking up to an alarm on my day off.

I'll most likely be finished moving everything before the sun goes down, which is around 4:30pm. I'm not sure how my sister is going to get everything over, especially since she works 12 hours that day, but I'm sure it'll get figured out.

I'm tired, but not. I probably won't have too many issues falling asleep once I lay down, but I'm not tired enough to want to lay down. Oh well. I'm probably going to go to bed after I finish this.

Which I guess is now ... since I'm not coming up with anything else to write about.

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.054seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.