Home | Join! | Help | Browse | Forums | NuWorld | NWF | PoPo   
welcome to my mind ...

The weather
A constant state of being.
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)
Well, hello there.
Flag Counter
Soothing Aquaphor
Sunday. 5.3.15 8:54 am
I've reached the incredibly annoying itchy, flaky stage of getting a tattoo. My back itches on an almost constant basis at this point and there's quite a bit that flakes off every time I take a shower and/or put ointment on. It's amazing that, after this stage, there's still enough ink left over to keep it looking good. Obviously I'm not scratching my back ... that would actually fuck up the tattoo, but whenever I rub ointment on to it, or clean it with soap and water, it's such an awesome relief. It's quite soothing, for all of about 5 minutes.

I give it a few more days, it hasn't even been a week yet, before my back no longer itches constantly, but only when my clothing rubs it the wrong way. Then right as it's healed up and not really bothering me anymore, I'll get the color added and we'll go through this dance all over again.

Yesterday was spent doing nothing. The only bit of productivity that's been added to today is laundry. I put contacts in this morning so that I wouldn't be tempted to nap at all, so that I'll still be able to get a decent amount of sleep tonight for work tomorrow. Other than laundry, however, I don't have anything planned. It will be another day of staying inside, being lazy.

On the off chance that anyone of my friends actually texts me wanting to hang out, I'll just have to make sure that what we do is free. Rent check is always tight; the difference now, with the new job, is that I can afford to pay the rent and buy actual groceries for the two weeks until the next payday. As opposed to before when I'd have to buy ramen or something cheap in order to survive two weeks.

Alright, I'm gonna go drown myself in a sea of videos of my newest YouTube obsession.

Until next time. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

How to avoid May Day traffic
Friday. 5.1.15 9:13 pm
Today is May Day. I'm not sure exactly how the protests/riots are going Downtown, but I know that I wasn't anywhere near the main "event." Supposedly the crowd was supposed to come up near work, but that didn't happen. The closest I came, at all, was when I was heading to Target and came to an intersection {that I planned on turning at anyway} which was blocked off by police. Otherwise, the only thing giving it away is the choppers that have been hovering overhead for a majority of the day.

After work, I planned on going directly north to return a couple items to Target, but instead I headed south to meet up with a friend who invited me to join him for dinner. I'm glad I went down there first. Traffic going north afterward wasn't at all bad. The food and beer was exactly what was needed at the end of the day, at the end of the week.

Coming home to shower and put ointment on my back was the best way to end the day. I have no plans for the remainder of the weekend, except for laundry. I'm pretty excited to be spending he rest of the weekend indoors. I'm not sure what the weather will look like, but I have a feeling it'll be sunny and will give me even more reason to be happy about the lack of plans.

It's kind of crazy that we're already in to May, but at the same time it's not that crazy. A lot has happened in the last few months so the time hasn't been wasted. I am a bit curious as to what the next few months are going to bring. I guess I'll find out in due time.

Until next time. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Tatted up: part one
Wednesday. 4.29.15 7:25 pm
Yesterday was almost perfect. There was one tiny thing first thing in the morning, but the remainder of the day went as planned.

I was able to sleep in a little bit and took my time getting up north. I made a stop at Target for something that I'm going to end up returning because it just didn't work out. I'll likely make my way back up there Friday after work and get it done then so that I can spend the weekend indoors.

After I finished at Target, I went to the doc's. The exam went well enough, but I do need to go back in a couple weeks for a follow up. Everything is fine, but the doc wants to double check on something that she wasn't able to see this time around. I also had some blood work done while I was there, which came back all negative, as was the anticipated result.

Once the doc appointment was finished, I made my way over to the little cafe/coffee shop that my friend picked out for breakfast and we met there. The food was delicious and not terribly expensive considering they make the food fresh daily, and right in front of you. After that we had just enough time for me to stop by the eye place and get my lenses replaced, since they had a scratch on them and they're under warranty for 2 years.

This killed enough time to get to the tattoo parlor, across the street and the process began sometime around 12:30pm. Once the endorphins kicked in, the pain wasn't all bad and it felt pretty good. There were a couple spots, especially toward the end when he was going over a few places again, that felt slightly more unpleasant than the rest, but it wasn't horrible. He got the base outline done, along with some base shading. The colored shading will be done in two weeks. Here is the current look:

I am a little sad that there's really nothing that can be done about the words {which is why they appear to be a different color than the rest; it's faded from having been done 8 years ago.} The original artist was an amateur and made the lettering too thick for much to be done with it. Even if he were to outline the letters with a lighter ink, it would still be hard to read. And going over it would just make it more illegible. If you'd like to see the original, it's in the "random photos" gallery.

Sleeping last night was fine, since I don't generally sleep on my back. And work today was fairly alright. I only moved wrong a few times and was instantly reminded of the fresh tattoo on my back. In a few days it'll likely start itching, but once that has passed, it's pretty much healed. Just in time for me to go through this all over again!

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

6 months later
Monday. 4.27.15 8:55 pm
Approximately 6 months ago, I reserved an appointment for tomorrow at noon. I'm super excited! There will be photo evidence to come. I'll also write about the details in a couple days. There's really not much to write about yet that I haven't already written about.

I'll get to sleep in a little later than I normally do on a work day because I decided to put gas in my car this evening rather than going first thing in the morning. I won't have to leave my place until around 8 or 8:15, depending on traffic. This means I won't have to get up until 7:30, as opposed to 7. So 30 extra minutes, but that's still a little extra time to just kind of chill in bed before getting up.

My doc appointment is at 9 and I should only be there for maybe 30 or so minutes. I might be there a slight bit longer if the doc wants the labs done right then. I'm going to bring up the thyroid thing again and see if she's okay ordering a test for it to be checked. I doubt anything is wrong, but there is a family history so it can't hurt to get checked every once in a while. I think it's been 3 or 4 years since the last time so it's about time again.

After the doc, I'll be meeting up with a friend for breakfast. I'll need to have food in my system for the noon appointment. I'm also treating her since she'll be chilling out with me for the entire 3 hour appointment. Then I'll be bringing her to work before I come home. Once I'm home, I'll be home for the remainder of the night, since I do have to go back to work Wednesday morning.

Today didn't feel terribly busy, and I was caught up on all my work before I left for the day, but I have a feeling with my being out tomorrow, I'm going to have quite a bit of catching up to do come Wednesday. Oh well. It'll be my first time missing work since I started and one day shouldn't affect it too much. I guess I'll find out for myself exactly how busy it may or may not be.

Until then. . .

Comment! (1) | Recommend!

Pretty toes
Saturday. 4.25.15 10:34 pm
I woke up this morning feeling kind of off so I stayed in bed for about an hour after waking up before finally making myself vertical. I took a shower, put in my contacts and hung out for a few hours. I needed to go to the store and pick up some toiletries {toilet paper and conditioner were a must, since I was nearly out} along with some chips to bring to the BBQ. I thought about putting gas in my car then, but I decided to wait since I had more than enough to get out to Snoqualmie and back.

I headed out and, despite the amount of traffic due to a pretty bad accident {seriously, a car was underneath another car} I was still early to my friend's place. I decided to kill time by driving up to the casino, the next exit up, and hung out there just looking out at the view. It's so pretty out there. I took only one picture; I liked the way the clouds were resting on the mountains, before I headed back to my friend's place.

I was the only non-family member there, aside from my friend's son's girlfriend, but I've known them long enough and have been over there often enough that I'm treated as such. It wasn't a crazy party, and I'm okay with that. A few drinks here and there, a bunch of snack foods and delicious burgers got us through the evening. We ended by watching Neighbors before calling it a night.

Laundry is the only thing planned for tomorrow. I'll likely wait until Tuesday morning before I put gas in my car, since I'll be up near the cheaper gas station then anyway. I still have a quarter of a tank so if I don't go anywhere tomorrow, I'm good until Tuesday morning.

All in all, today was a good day. I slept in, painted my toe nails again {I'd cleared the colors from last time and waited a few days before painting them again; same colors, just a different order ... I actually like this order better} and got to hang out with friends.

Until next time. . .

Comment! (0) | Recommend!

Routine, monotony, routine
Thursday. 4.23.15 6:43 pm
The days have been kind of blending together this week. Nothing spectacular has occurred that stands out enough to be written about. Hence my missing another day this week. This is the calm before the storm, however, because the end of next week we'll be losing 3 people and so the week after is going to be chaotic.

I'm hanging out with a friend on Saturday evening, but other than that I don't have any plans. The usual things: laundry, hanging out, sleeping in, is what I have on the agenda for the remainder of the weekend.

I'm actually perfectly fine with the fact that I'll have two weekends in a row without much going on. Next weekend will likely be the same, which is just fine with me. The weekend after, two weeks from now, might have some happenings, but at this point in the year I'm going to need to start saving for my vacation in October.

So until something terribly exciting happens, or something I feel worthy of writing down, the entries may be more sparse.

Comment! (2) | Recommend!

LostSoul13's Weblog Site • NuTang.com

NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.023seconds.

  Send to a friend on AIM | Set as Homepage | Bookmark Home | NuTang Collage | Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Link to Us | Monthly Top 10s
All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.