Books I have completed reading since January 201:
1. Angelopolis - Danielle Trussoni
2. The Magicians - Lev Grossman
Friends and Enemies
Akatsuki: Nightmares & Dreamscapes
-beats in my head-
Chika-Chin's Anime Mania!
empty white space
In My World
My Blah blah Bulogu
My Little World
Sdovelly~ c'est la vie
Serene's Silent Secrets
Shuffle and Repear
Tolanic's Travel Blog
Panda lai lai [come come]
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Not being long winded - i'm extremely exhausted. i'm running out of strength and sleep. i have not been getting enough of sleep for 2 weeks. dark eye rings prevailed on my fair skin but now i'm so pale that the panda eyes are so obvious.
today, went to do some business but failed. right. going to see a client next week. must close a deal. no matter what i don't care...
i went for a last minute dinner with my coursemate. bwahaha. he bought me dinner. thank u very muchie. and then he brought along friend that has become popular due to a reality show and i got no idea who he is. my friend's jaw dropped when i replied him innocently that i don't know who's this friend of his. even when we sat on one table, i still don't think he's popular. that's because all famous people are just normal human beings. they have normal lives like we do. so that's why i don't understand why paparazzi goes after them.
get a life, people.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Today, with a happy smiling face entered the office to collect my free tickets but only to be told that the tickets were finished distributing. Excuse me? If that's the case, why did I receive your stupid congratulatory email saying I got the ticket awaiting me to be collected between yesterday and today between 10 am and 10 pm? I was extremely disappointed not because I was dying to watch, just because the sponsor is not honest enough. I just feel cheated or deceived by their words. If you know you can't provide tickets to all people who registered for a free ticket, then say so. Don't let us get loose in a stupid wild goose chase where you are laughing so hyena-tically observing us. Many sponsors also give out free tickets but they state "only 20 tickets [let say] will be given away on first come first serve basis." At least, it is stated that 20 tickets will be given away. And these people were lining up up early in the morning. If you, YTL sent an email to people like me, we thought, we were chosen for the tickets. We don't need a damn congratulatory email to inform us the redemption time and venue. We want to know if we got it or not. I'm going to express my disappointment to the sponsor.
Is this what I call ethical?
Draw your own house
What's the meaning of my house?
Based on your drawing and the 10 answers you gave this is a summary of your personality:
Your house tells the world that you ought to be a leader. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes.
You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You see the world as it is, not as you believe it should be.
You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
I updated my blog with 2 cheesecake recipe and hope you guys will like it. I guess so since I have received comments that they look yummy. I just saw them in the newspaper and I thought it would be a great idea for me to put them in the blog just in case I'll be looking for a cheesecake recipe.
I'm extremely happy today because I received a message that sounds like this:
CONGRATULATIONS! AN INVITATION TO THE MALAYSIAN PREMIERE OF AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH
THANK YOU. The response received for the Malaysian premiere of the Oscar-winning documentary - An Inconvenient Truth has certainly exceeded our expectations! And we have you in part to thank for the success of our premiere screening, that stars former US vice-president Al Gore in his bid to expose the myths and misconceptions surrounding global warming that is wreaking havoc in the world we live in today.
Each registrant will be entitled to two (2) free passes available on a first-come; first-served basis for either one of the following screenings held at The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPac):
8.30pm Thursday, 8 March
8.30pm Friday, 9 March
11am and 8.30pm Sunday, 11 March (additional screenings opened due to the overwhelming response)
Tickets can be collected at:
YTL Platinum Plus Lounge, Relish Floor, Starhill Gallery, KL
Anytime from 10am to 10pm
From 6-7 March 2007 (Tue - Wed)
*Was just so dying to watch this doc.. can't believe I got them for free. I'm taking a half day leave just to watch this documentary.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
200g shelled pistachios, toasted and finely chopped
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
120g butter, melted
240g chocolate, chopped
780g cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salts
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
120g chocolate, chopped
1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp heavy cream
1. For the crust: combine chopped pistachios, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a small bowl. Wrap a 22cm cardboard cake circle with plastic wrap. Carefully press the nut mixture onto the cake circle, making sure to cover it completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least for 1 hour.
2. For the cake: Preheat the oven to 160 C. Encase the outside of a 22cm round springform pan in a luminium foil and set aside. Have ready a large roasting pan and kettle of just-boiled water.
3. In a small bowl, melt the chocolate gently over a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
4. Beat cream cheese, sugar and salt with a mixer on low speed until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add cream and vanilla extract. With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the batter into the pan, then place the pan in the bigger roasting pan. Transfer to the middle oven rack, and pour boiled water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the side of the springform pan.
6. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until the top is just set. The cake should jiggle slightly when the pan is tapped. Remove pan from the oven and cool on a rack. Cover with aluminium foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. For the ganache topping: Bring the cream to a boil, then pour over chopped chocolate in the bowl. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
8. To assemble: Loosen cheesecake by carefully running a warm, dry knife around the inside edge of the springform pan. Unhinge the sides of the pan and remove. Leave the springform pan bottom under the cheesecake.
9. Invert the pistachio crust onto the top of the cheesecake and carefully peel off the cake circle and plastic wrap while gently pressing the crust into the cheesecake.
10. Place a serving plate on top of the crust, then invert the cheesecake. Remove the springform bottom that is now at the top. Slide a knife under it, if necessary. Pour the ganache on the cheesecake and spread to cover the top. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios, if desired.
11. Refrigerated for several hours or better yet, overnight.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
240g cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Cream butter and cream cheese until well blended.
2. Add sugar and mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and mix until fluffy. Blend flour into mixture.
3. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Get over your rice bowl
Monday, March 5, 2007
I am exhausted. Hopefully I will dream of leng chai again tonight. I'm so exhausted that I can't breathe, my head is throbbing and my eyes are bulging. But of course I want my leng chai. Bwahahaha
Because I was tired, I told my friend who is a manager that earns 5 figures a month that I was exhausted. She told me why I should fret over a job that is less than RM 2 000. I looked at her and could see her sinister smile. But I'm not mad because why should I? Just think for a sec. What is the point of having endless money without having a fulfilled life? Why live a regretful life even if you have so much money? What is the point of having so much money even you don't know what's going on with this world? She's like that. I tried to dig info about her interests whatsoever and discover that she only loves money. She doesn't know anything about environment, politics or some big murder cases. She only knows about money. What is the point of having so much money but if you are just an empty person? Money is not everything.
I'm gravely concern for living a regretful life. I have seen adults wasting their time idling in homes doing nothing just because they think they are old and useless to do anything except waiting for death. Is life all about this? I'm honest to myself that I don't want to die young. Even if I were to die young, I would die as a knowledgeable person who has no regrets. A person who has 'been there and done that.' This is what I care. This is what I call life.
So get over your rice bowl.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212
NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.048seconds.
|All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.|