Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
Sunday, December 14, 2008 @ 9:37 pm
Ever get that feeling you're all ready to do something and you're thinking: "FUCK YEAH, I will get this done and be awesome!"? And then a little while later, all of a sudden you're completely demotivated and you kinda feel like your head is tightening up and you're restless and you want to throw up? (Okay, maybe not all of those things together at once, but you get the idea.)
Someone motivate me to study for physiology!
A slight chill.
Sunday, December 14, 2008 @ 3:37 pm
For the first time, I'm feeling cold enough to turn on the heater a little bit. It's been kinda dark the last few days, and there's been some rain. Good studying weather, if you ask me.
I'm so far ahead on my study schedule that it's bordering on ridiculous. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I'm going to do really well. So suck it, grad school.
I think I'm going to reward myself with a little video game time. I'm replaying FF7 right now and it is definitely bringing me back to a simpler time.
I think that's all I want to say right now. Nothing really exciting has happened lately. Just a bunch of school stuff, that's all.
Now old cassettes and cigarettes will be the ones that save you.
Friday, December 12, 2008 @ 10:40 am
No more classes until next year! Two final exams and one final assignment stands in the way of me and freedom!
(And by freedom, I of course mean a thorough colorectal cancer literature review over winter break.)
Countdown: 7 days
Thursday, December 11, 2008 @ 7:51 am
That's ONE WEEK until my last final for the semester.
So I spent the bulk of yesterday napping, drinking tea, drinking orange juice, eating soup,
I think what I experienced two nights ago--waking up on the verge of illness--was a warning sign from my body saying that yes, I was infected with something, but it was doing its best to fight it off. This common cold has not gotten worse, though I'm only cautiously optimistic that it won't in the next few days. All that rest and soup and juice
Right now, I've got a slightly stuffy nose, but nothing else. Need to hold out for just a few more days and then I can get sick! Well... as long as I'm not sick for Christmas/my birthday. That, too, would blow.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 @ 2:54 am
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck fuck fucking fuck, fucking fuck fucker fuck FUCK. I make it an entire semester avoiding letting undergrads get me sick (because let's face it, they seem to get sick a LOT) and now less than a week before finals, I'm all of a sudden sniffling and sneezing and fuck fuck fuck I'm so angry I can't fucking sleep. I hope to fucking god this is just, I don't know, allergies? Or something? GAH, I'm so fucking frustrated right now, I want to punch someone in the fucking face. (Preferably an ill undergrad.)
If I will it so...
Monday, December 8, 2008 @ 8:21 am
...so it will.
It's the last week of school before finals. (That's 11 days for all the countdown-y folks.) I've got a presentation I'm working on and for some odd reason I am confident I will actually finish the Powerpoint--dare I say it?--early. Which is good because there's so much more to do that it can only accurately be termed overwhelming. There's this presentation on micro RNA-mediated translational silencing, then catch-up reading in human physio (7 chapters of dense science gobbledygook), a paper analysis for Advanced BCMB, a final paper for research ethics, some Photoshop stuff for Advanced Topics (alright, at least that one will be easy!)--and that's all before finals. So let's add studying for finals on top of that, and since I'm in the mood, let's also add Christmas shopping to that list (though in all honestly that will probably be put off until after everything is over)...
These next two(ish) weeks are going to be FUN!
It's alright. Deep, cleansing breaths. New mantra. If I will it so, so it will.
Sunday, December 7, 2008 @ 12:44 am
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 @ 4:46 pm
Let the countdown continue.
Work to be done. Antisocial behavior to engage in. New place, same old shit.
Be over already, dammit!