Its the 100 most influential people who never lived.
The Marlboro Man
Santa Claus (St. Nick)
Dr. Frankenstein's Monster
The Green Giant (thanks kirei )
Romeo and Juliet
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
watching: My monitor listening to: silence mood: Sleepy
What do you you do with 55 pounds of panda poop? That is the combined amout of feces produced by chuang chuang and lin hui, the pandas at the Thai zoo. Prasertsak Buntragulpoontawee came up with the idea of turning it all into notebooks, fans, bookmarks and key chains.
These multicolored paper products have proven to be a hot selling item at the zoo. As of today the zoo has earned 8,200 helping to balance the accounts of keeping the pandas.
HOW IS THIS DONE??
Panda poop paper production involves a daylong process of cleaning the feces, boiling it in a soda solution, bleaching it with chlorine and drying it under the sun. Experimentation continues on how to reduce the chemicals now used.
IF SELLING POOP PAPER IS SUCH A SUCCESS WHY NOT SELL IT OUTSIDE OF THE ZOO?
"We tried selling it on markets outside but so far with not so much success," he says. "But in the zoo, when people see real pandas and then their product they're excited and buy."
You wont catch me buying any paper made out of feces. I dont care if you cleaned in boiling soda solution. ha ha.
Why is it that I put a PAIR of socks into the washing machine and only get one back? I could swear that I put them BOTH in the washer and BOTH in the dryer and yet when I begin to separate the wash and fold the clothes there is always at least one orphan. There have been times when I got someone else's sock in my wash. How does this happen?
All women want to know the key to success. How do we define ourselves in society? Well, an article I read, written by Barbara Moss, answers such questions.
A survey was conducted. Included in this survey were accomplished, university-educated women in their late 30s to mid-50s. Some held senior positions in business, government and the not-for-profit and cultural sectors. Some had left marquee jobs to pursue a passion -- start a business, write or follow other personal interests. These were the top 5 answers.
1. Know yourself. This knowledge is the foundationf for making effective career and life decisions. If your job does not require your best skills or calls for you to act like someone you aren't, find another role.
2. Act on what is most important to you. Refuse to put on the back burner the things you care deeply about. Make a date with yourself at the end of each week and ask: What did I learn? Which of my values are being met? Looking to the future: How can I make my work a better fit with what I need? Don't drift. Make conscious decisions. Defend your personal time aggressively. Start thinking about the legacy you want to leave.
3. Maintain your integrity Stay firm on the issues that go to the core of what you believe in.
4. Distinguish between the big issues and the smaller ones Ask yourself, "Is this really important?" As tempting as it can be to let it rip, consider the consequences. Similarly, be open to influence.
5. Dont make work the centerpiece of your identity Many survey respondents regretted having put their work before their personal lives and having made too many sacrifices for their jobs. You can't cuddle or giggle with your job at the end of the day.
Refurbished iPod supply dwindles
Apple's refurbished iPod offerings have dwindled to just two items following the busiest shopping day of the year. The company's 4GB iPod nano ($149) and its iPod Hi-Fi ($299) appear as the only remaining refurbished iPod-related items in the U.S.
Tonight we decorated the tree. I usually dont get a tree until the week of Christmas because I usually cant afford one. So last year I purchased a fake tree so that we can put it up every year on Dec. 1st. We assembled it yesterday and decorated it today. It was so nice to come home to the apartment with only the christmas tree lights on.
I do not like christmas. It is such a depressing time of year. But I have to admit, it is nice to see the tree.