A few words
"When we describe the Moon as dead, we are describing the deadness in ourselves. When we find space so hideously void, we are describing our own unbearable emptiness."
~ D.H. Lawrence
"Is the meaning of life defined by its duration? Or does life have a purpose so large that it doesn't have to be prolonged at any cost to preserve its meaning?"
"Living is not good, but living well. The wise man, therefore, lives as well as he should, not as long as he can... He will always think of life in terms of quality not quantity... Dying early or late is of no relevance, dying well or ill is... even if it is true that while there is life there is hope, life is not to be bought at any cost."
"People will tell you nothing matters, the whole world's about to end soon anyway. Those people are looking at life the wrong way. I mean, things don't need to last forever to be perfect."
~ Daydream Nation
"All Bette's stories have happy endings. That's because she knows where to stop. She's realized the real problem with stories-- if you keep them going long enough, they always end in death."
~ The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes
"The road now stretched across open country, and it occurred to me - not by way of protest, not as a symbol, or anything like that, but merely as a novel experience - that since I had disregarded all laws of humanity, I might as well disregard the rules of traffic. So I crossed to the left side of the highway and checked the feeling, and the feeling was good. It was a pleasant diaphragmal melting, with elements of diffused tactility, all this enhanced by the thought that nothing could be nearer to the elimination of basic physical laws than deliberately driving on the wrong site of the road."
~ Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita
"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend."
~ William Blake
Kill that boredom!
Binder Paper Comics
Web Comics and Such
A Distant Soil (Some nudity)
The Adventures of Gyno-Star (Some explicit stuff)
Blue Milk Special
Cigarro & Cerveja
Cyanide and Happiness
dead winter (has some explicit stuff)
Devilbear: The Grimoires of Bearalzebub (PG-13?)
Eat That Toast!
The Fancy Adventures of Jack Cannon
For Lack of a Better Comic
Girls with Slingshots (some explicit stuff...?)
The Intrepid Girlbot
The Last Halloween
Last Train to Old Town
The League of Evil Genius
Legend of Bill
Living With Insanity (some nudity)
Love Me Nice
Married to the Sea
The Moon Prince
Moth (Some nudity)
The Non-Adventures of Wonderella
Political Cartoonists Index
Poorly Drawn Lines
The Property of Hate
Robbie and Bobby
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Scenes from a Multiverse
The Secret Knots
Stand Still. Stay Silent
Strong Female Protagonist
The Super Fogeys
Tales of Pylea
Three Word Phrase (some nudity)
Tiny Kitten Teeth
Toothpaste for Dinner
Trying Human (Some nudity)
Two Guys and Guy
Yellow Peril (PG-13)
Infrequently/No Longer Updating Web Comics
The Abominable Charles Christopher
The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
The Adventures of Ellie Connelly
Bag of Toast
Bear in Mind
The Book of Biff
Chain Bear (Some explicit stuff)
Daisy is Dead
Ectopiary (Some nudity)
Edmund Finney's Quest to Find the Meaning of Life
A Fine Example
Finn and Charlie are HITCHED
Hark! A Vagrant
Head Doctor Productions
Hello with Cheese
Kyle & Atticus
Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space
Letters to a Wild Boar
Lovecraft is Missing
Meat and Plastic
The Nerds of Paradise
No Reason Comics
One Swoop Fell
Pictures for Sad Children
A Redtail's Dream
Roy's Boys (PG 13?)
Run Freak Run
The Super Gay Adventures of Ross Boston
YU + ME
Pure Flash Awesomeness
Die Anstalt : Toy Psychiatry
Clients from Hell
Creatures in My Head
Damn You Auto Correct!
Jhonen Vasquez's site
Overheard in New York
Passive Aggressive Notes
Stuffity stuff that has nothing to do with stuffing
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Title? Don't ask.
So let's see... boyfriend wants me to move south to be with him. Nay, I say. I'm worried about expenses, for one thing. Also I don't like southern California. Plus it's kind of a big deal to move. Once I've finished a year at the local community college and I'm going to transfer, it'll make more sense, but for now, there are more pros if I stay here.
Maybe we can discuss it with my parents when he comes to visit.
ALSO: Clubbing tonight, I think. That made for an interesting discussion.
Not the exact transcript, but close enough:
Him: Don't get raped.
Me: I won't.
Him: It could happen.
Me: I think my friends would notice if I disappeared. Anyway I'm not dolling myself up or anything, so it's not like I'll look super sexy.
Him: Until someone with an asian fetish comes along...
Me: Then he can hit on Lucy. :P
Him: Or you. Maybe I should date Lucy instead; at least she goes to school here. I don't think she'd want to date me though, and I wouldn't be happy with her.
Me: I dunno, guys go for her cuteness...
Him: She's cute, but it's not the same as being hot, and I think that's more important in a club.
Me: Uh, I'm not hot either.
Me: What? You think I am? :0
Him: Low self esteem.
Me: It's not low self esteem, I'm just saying, I'm not hot. Cute, yeah, maybe even pretty, but not hot... nor sexy or whatever.
Him: If you dressed for it you would be. Not that I'm saying you should.
My reaction was basically surprise and amusement. He's said I'm cute when I'm being tickled but I think that's about it... So yeah, this was definitely unexpected. Not sure what to make of it. :S Maybe I should, y'know, actually start caring about how I look or something.
A hundred facts, unless I miscounted
Monday, August 2, 2010
Dilated put me at the beginning of his tag list, so I felt rather obligated to post this...
1. I've always wanted a nickname, but never had one. (Though not for lack of trying)
2. My favorite color when I was younger was magenta, "because it's like pink and purple mixed together."
3. I baby talk to my budgies.
4. In the past I've been pessimistic on purpose.
5. My favorite song is "Invisible Sun" by The Police.
6. I pick favorites not based on what I like most, but what I like most consistently over time.
7. I don't keep my birds in my room because I don't want them to watch me if I'm changing.
8. I like cooking but I tend to put it off because I don't want to have to eat all of what I make.
9. I always feel slightly bewildered when I get compliments on my hair because I don't actually take very good care of it.
10. It bothers me when I start consecutive sentences with the same word.
11. Though it's been awhile, I'm still dismayed that Tag First Move is no more.
12. I used to have a lot of dreams where I was being chased.
13. My parents stopped reading to me when I was six because after I'd learned how to read on my own, I didn't want to wait for them to turn the page.
14. I'm an agnostic.
15. Sometimes when it's really late at night I get the urge to clean.
16. I hate awkward moments in movies because they make me feel awkward too.
17. For some reason I have a preference for very skinny guys.
18. I used to play Bejeweled so much that I obsessed over the perfect move that would eliminate nine at a time.
19. Like everyone else who's ever played The Sims, I created a Sim version of myself. It didn't look anything like me.
20. I think "Go West" by The Village People sounds sad.
21. From time to time I will ask my friends what they think my faults are so that I can try to fix them.
22. I'm constantly trying to improve myself.
23. As a result of teasing when I was younger I'm rather self conscious about my scars.
24. One time when I was four or five I was pretending to be Catwoman, and I accomplished this by repeatedly licking my left forearm.
25. I don't think of things as wasting my time anymore.
26. Before I reached fifth grade, I always thought I'd be huge when I was ten.
27. I believed a lot of the stuff my friends told me when I was in elementary school. For example: if you sleep with wet hair it soaks into your brain.
28. I think quail are hilariously adorable.
29. I'd enjoy a lot more activities if I didn't have to do them with my parents.
30. I hate exercising by myself in public.
31. I've been terribly ticklish my whole life. It's caused problems when I've gone to the doctor for a checkup.
32. Before I went pescetarian my favorite fast food place was Taco Bell.
33. My budgies can almost always cheer me up.
34. The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk may not be the most exciting or flashy amusement park, but it's my favorite one.
35. Two different people have asked if they could tie me up in their closets.
36. Those same two people have made joke marriage proposals to me.
37. I never had an imaginary friend but I really wanted one when I was younger.
38. I regained my sense of wonder.
39. Nine times out of them I answer "what time is it?" with "it's Valentimes!"
40. I'm endlessly amused by the fact that most of the entries in my guestbook are about garlic bread.
41. I have brand loyalty for Old Navy.
42. As far as I know I've never had a stalker, but I think it would be interesting to have one.
43. Time travel makes me think of an endless staircase.
44. I write in Wordpad a lot.
45. It worries me that I don't know where my pre-8th grade journals are.
46. When I was younger I spent two years in Girlscouts as a punishment for not cleaning my room.
47. I don't wear sunscreen.
48. One thing I miss a lot from my childhood is starfruit. I haven't had it in forever...
49. My dad's side of the family lives in Hawaii so I go there every summer.
50. I get seasick pretty easily.
51. Even though I don't eat them anymore, I still think Lunchables are kinda cool.
52. When I actually think about how Lunchables taste I realize they're kind of disgusting.
53. I didn't fully comprehend how to use conditioner until I was in eighth grade.
54. The only makeup I wear is a smidgen of eyeliner, and that's rare.
55. I think grocery shopping is fun.
56. My favorite candy used to be Swedish Fish, but after being forcefed them by my ex boyfriend I'm not so sure anymore.
57. I've wanted a Bop-It Extreme 2 for several years.
58. I don't think I'm ever getting that Bop-It Extreme 2.
59. Though I've never cared for the whole "I have attitude" trend, I have a Happy Bunny poster in my room.
60. I have a bunkbed. It creaks.
61. I'm reluctant to get rid of my bunkbed because I use it to hang wet clothes on.
62. My room has green walls, but we ran out of paint for the ceiling.
63. When I was younger someone told me the ceilings of my house were made of spider poison. Part of me still believes it.
64. Come to think of it, I was pretty gullible in general as a little kid.
65. I think my first word was "cheese".
66. For years I thought a woman sang "Sexyback".
67. The thought of nails being dragged across unglazed pottery makes me really uncomfortable.
68. There are several memories I only remember because of the music playing at the time.
69. I made seven of the pixel people on the Nutang homepage.
70. When I was fourteen one of my hobbies was going into chatrooms and telling people birthdays weren't much to celebrate because they signified getting closer to death.
71. Most of the time I'm shy, but occasionally I have an unexplained outburst of outgoingness.
72. As of August 2nd, 2010, my hair is elbow length.
73. I strongly dislike the color pink.
74. I can't stand coffee.
75. I'd really like to live in a house with stairs.
76. In February of 2009 I tried to stop consuming dairy, but decided to only abstain for the first week of every month. When I went to college in the fall I didn't bother with it anymore though.
77. I think dairy is gross but I eat it anyway.
78. Given the number of people in the world, I figure that for everything out there, there's at least one person with a fetish for it.
79. I see everything as variations on a theme.
80. Whenever I think about the progress we've made as a species, shopping carts inexplicably come to mind.
81. I think sourdough toast is typically delicious.
82. Despite their very hard and not overly tasty nature, I really like Jujubes.
83. One of my favorite things about Jujubes is that you can forget about the box, let it get buried under a bunch of stuff, and find it a few weeks later, and the candy tastes exactly the same. That's probably not a plus for most people.
84. Sometimes I worry that eating Jujubes is going to rip one of my teeth out. It hasn't happened yet, much to my delight.
85. Even though I'll be nineteen by the time Halloween comes around this year, I still want to go trick-or-treating. I won't, since it would be weird, but I wish I could.
86. I love the subways in New York.
87. You know how some people buy too many shoes? I'm like that with socks.
88. I like fog because it makes it seem like there's much of the world left to be discovered.
89. When I was a kid I liked to put coins in my mouth because of the taste. I don't do it now because A) it's disgusting and B) I think I'm too old for that to be socially acceptable. The taste I remember fondly though.
90. I hate being too old to do things I like.
91. The worst pizza I've ever had came from this asian noodle restaurant. From what I remember the sauce was basically just watery diced tomatoes. It made the crust all soggy and horrible.
92. I love the voice of the Postal Dude in Postal 2.
93. The first time I had my period coincided with my birthday party at the beach. That was pretty awkward, I can tell you.
94. I believe in settling.
95. My best friend and my mom literally dragged me into the lingerie section when I got my first bra. I really didn't want to go.
96. I've never finished an entire jawbreaker. I had one once that I sucked away about two fifths of before I abandoned it to the freezer. I don't really know why I put it in the freezer, but for some reason I put a lot of my candy in the fridge/freezer when I was younger.
97. I used to believe gum stayed in your stomach for seven years if you ate it, but I still swallowed it anyway. Apparently the thought of a giant gum wad in my stomach didn't scare me as much as the thought of water soaking into my brain.
98. When I was in third grade the hottest thing was to make fun of Barney.
99. Apparently I was popular in sixth grade.
100. When I started this list I was worried it would be longer than my life story. I think I've had normal entries longer than this though. X|
I challenge LostSoul13 and thaitanic to do their own hundred facts... as well as ManofDarkSunglasses, should he choose to make a reappearance at any time.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Angie: ok well
Angie: i'll probably leave now
Angie: i'll call you when i get to your house
Me: can't you just ring the doorbell
Angie: that would require getting out my car
Me: god you're so lazy Angie
Angie: and you're so sexy
Creepy bleeding sunflowers. (Notice the water!)
Painkillers work wonders [2P]
Friday, July 30, 2010
THAR BE PICTURES [2P]
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
We can look like we're painted onto the sky
Monday, July 26, 2010
I don't know if anyone noticed, but I was gone over the weekend. My mom drove us down to L.A. to pick up my grandma.
Long story short, I'm not single anymore.
It occurred to me that I should probably explain the title. When we were driving into L.A. it was smoggy, and I remarked that the buildings looked painted onto the sky. Somehow that came up again later when I was with him and the title is what I said.
OH YEAH and I've got to post some of my Hawaii pictures. I totally forgot because of the L.A. trip...
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
...Some of the longest miles of my life.
We went on an eight hour hike today. It's not necessarily SUPPOSED to take eight hours, but Lanipo can be pretty difficult. Slipped and skidded a lot because of mud.
Coming back was worse than going forward, I think. Getting to the top of the mountain wasn't easy or anything, but I didn't fall or get hurt. On the way back I fell on my knees into the mud and scratched my hands on some thorns. Nothing serious, but I could've done without all that.
The beginning of the trail is very rocky, so you have to climb boulders and such. It was HORRIBLE going back over that. The day had gotten hotter (we started at 7:40 AM, so it was cool at first) and the wind wasn't blowing. Alice had started back a bit recklessly from what I hear; she went fast but suffered for it by falling and getting some nasty scratches. She was quite far ahead of the rest of us (my mom, her friend, and her friend's brother-in-law), so I called her and asked her to wait at a bench that's near the beginning (before all the rocks).
I was so tired by the time I reached her.... man... I had to rest every few minutes and I felt like I was about to pass out. She seemed to have enough energy to trek onward, but I was panting and stopping constantly. X|
Anyway, we made it back to the car first, and rested for a bit. I'm definitely not hiking that again for at LEAST five years. (The last time I did it was when I was twelve or so... and I didn't finish because I twisted my ankle near the end)
My feet hurt so much right now... I have some pictures of our shoes before and after the hike. I'm going back home tomorrow so I can upload them then.
Shoes to ruin
Monday, July 19, 2010
We got some shoes from Payless today that we're going to use to hike on Lanipo. Alice and I got the same kind. :P
I'd show you pictures but... yeah... can't upload anything here. I'll be home in a couple days though, so I'll try to then.
My mom was out earlier today, and Alice and I were waiting around the house. We ended up watching some tecktonik videos. Remember that? My thing with tecktonik? Yeah well I never learned, but occasionally I'll watch a few videos. This one was new to me though...
EAT IT BACK!
Friday we're driving down to LA to pick up my grandma. I bought a shot glass for a friend (you'll get to see that too once I'm home) that I'm going to give to him while we're there. And... we're planning on hanging out some. Guess we'll see how that goes.
Oh also you know what WE FOUND NEURO LAST NIGHT YESSSS. It was pretty exciting for me. I got Bliss and Sleep. Alice got uh... the appetite-curbing one and a Bliss as well. Yum yum. Too bad I can't find them at home. I love interesting beverages. X|
I guess I'll go take pictures of random stuff now before I forget.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339
NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.041seconds.
|All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.|