Homemade Christmas Gift #4
Sunday. 12.10.06 3:03 am
Rocky Road Caramel Apples
* 6 Granny Smith apples
* 6 wooden sticks
* 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
* 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple. Place apples on a cookie sheet covered with lightly greased aluminum foil.
2. Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the caramel. Scrape excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan.
3. Combine the miniature marshmallows and pecans on a dinner plate. Roll the apples in the mixture to coat. Place on the aluminum foil and chill.
4. Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the apples and return them to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Comment! (2) | Recommend! | Categories: christmas [t], gift [t], jmc [t], shannon [t]
Homemade Christmas Gift #3
Saturday. 12.9.06 5:56 pm
Original recipe yield:
2 1/4 pounds
PREP TIME 5 Min
COOK TIME 5 Min
READY IN 1 Hr 10 Min
PHOTO BY: All recipes
* 2 pounds white chocolate
* 30 small peppermint candy canes
1. Line a large jellyroll pan with heavy-duty foil.
2. Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on medium setting for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Place candy canes in a plastic bag, or between two pieces of waxed paper. Using a mallet or rolling pin, break the candy canes into chunks. Stir peppermint into melted white chocolate. Spread evenly in pan, and chill until set, about 1 hour. Break into pieces by slamming pan on counter.
Comment! (1) | Recommend! | Categories: brittle [t], peppermint [t], candy canes [t], kirei [t], silverdot [t], changbang [t], jmc [t], shannon [t]