Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
Tuesday, February 2, 2010 @ 10:10 pm
One worry after another.
Got things figured out thesis-wise (for now)... but it looks like I'll be taking another semester at the very least... more likely taking another year.
That's an additional year to accumulate student loan debt.
I need to move out of here. They're reducing rent... by $150/month apparently... but I'm not sure it's enough. Not if I'm staying here another year without any income save for my underpaid teaching appointment.
Oh, well. I guess I'd better get used to it. Academia tends to not pay it's researchers and professors what they deserve... especially considering how much time, emotion, and money those people put into getting their educations in the first place.
Fuck my life choices.
Monday, February 1, 2010 @ 8:34 pm
Saturday, January 30, 2010 @ 3:51 pm
ok well, do you want me to hit you up before i go there
If you feel like it.
Sorry. I'm feeling kinda fucked, but I'm not averse to a visit.
what if we split a brownie
Get your ass down here.
ok.. maybe i'll have some ideas too
That sounds... ominous.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 @ 12:01 am
Thanks for making me cry tonight, asshole.
No, it's the good crying.
(Thank you, Nicholas.)
Sunday, January 24, 2010 @ 3:40 pm
This is uncharacteristic of him (though not for his brother), and I hate how I feel like some neglected girlfriend.
Saturday, January 23, 2010 @ 1:17 am
I'm too old and too judgmental for that shit.
Why I stayed so long at a bar full of bad music, overpriced drinks, wannabe Guidos, and assorted sorostitutes, I don't know.
I'll take a night in with the TV, some greens, some good beers, and my boys over that crap ANY day.
P.S. If I hear "Tik Tok" one more time, I may have to kill someone. WORST. SONG. EVER.
Thursday, January 21, 2010 @ 8:29 pm
I did a stupid thing today.
I told Nick he should seriously consider moving in with me when my lease is up.
I am an idiot.
Drunk. Alone. And an idiot.
Monday, January 18, 2010 @ 10:00 pm
"I just noticed our patio is large enough for a beer pong table."
There he goes with those plural first-person personal pronouns again.
There are only two of us in the apartment. The two of us, and the aroma of butter and onions impregnating the air around and between us.
I decide to just let it slide.