Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
Berries and cream!
Friday, June 22, 2007 @ 10:41 pm
Thursday, June 21, 2007
I hate those lab practicals where you rotate through the stations. We had 2 minutes for each station and I finished each much more quickly. What would have been a 20 minute test stretched out for an hour. What a waste of daylight. And now, the days only get shorter.
Big Brain Academy.
Sunday, June 17, 2007 @ 11:48 am
I need someone proper to go head-to-head against. Playing my 12-year-old sister doesn't present anything slightly resembling a challenge...
Sunday, June 17, 2007 @ 12:42 am
Dear Father's Day Flan,
Why must you take so long to make? True, I could have split you into smaller portions...if I had ramekins. But I don't. I just have a large Pyrex baking dish, which is actually more convenient for serving you at a party. But I just don't like how long you take to bake. Every time I think you're done, you aren't; it's always just you top that's firm, but the middle jiggles. Damn you for being so delicious! If you weren't, I'd have given up long ago.
So back into the oven with you! And please, hurry up.
Friday, June 15, 2007 @ 12:00 am
Oh, you know you would. [EDITED]
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 @ 8:23 pm
Okay, maybe not. But if you are facebook-inclined, I suggest you join this group if you know in your heart it's true.
So, today. Hm. I didn't sleep last night which was silly because I didn't really need all that time to complete my microbiology project. I was actually mostly done and had maybe about three more things to put in, but I kept getting distracted by the internet and the television and the DVD player (damn you, DVD player!) so what should have taken about three hours instead took over thirteen. Yes, thirteen. I am always amazed by how easily I am distracted and how much I can actually procrastinate.
All that time would have been better used studying for my lab exam today, but even with only 30 minutes of actual review time under my belt, it seemed easy. I'm not too worried about that class. I can basically blow off an entire exam and still get an A- or A, and that's the way I like things going into a final in two weeks.
In other news, I'm finally finding free time to play Twilight Princess. I may even move the Wii from the giant plasma screen in the living room to the little TV in my room to get some more gameplay in. I really shouldn't today--I've got a self-evaluation due for my internship tomorrow--but I really, really want to! I mean, come on... I'd bend over for Link in a heartbeat, after all.
From the facebook group webpage:
"In Smash Brothers Meelee, you can freeze the game and then zoom in on Link's hot bulge. Damn that's a nice package!"
LOL. Okay. Some people are definitely more into the idea than I am. And that's saying something.
Hydrocortisone wishes and diphenhydramine dreams.
Sunday, June 10, 2007 @ 12:36 am
Well, I'm still waiting for the word on the short-term insurance to come through. The rash on my arms doesn't seem to be spreading, but the one on my legs does. It's hard to not scratch them, even with this so-called "maximum strength" hydrocortisone ointment. Maximum strength my ass. I'm sure there's a more powerful one out there available only by prescription...but that requires a trip to the dermatologist. A trip that I'm not willing to make for anything more than a $40 co-payment.
To control the itching at night, I've turned to taking diphenhydramine (the active ingredient in Benadryl). It does a good job for the most part, but it completely screws with my mind. I get insanely drowsy on the drug, which I'd use more often if it weren't for that nasty fact. Maybe it doesn't help at all during the night. Maybe it just knocks me out so well that I can't be bothered to scratch myself. Well, whatever the reason, I just popped two of 'em in my mouth a few seconds ago. Dreamland, here I come...
Friday, June 8, 2007 @ 1:39 am