"That's REAL cat urine!"
Tuesday. 6.1.10 2:48 pm
One Thing That Bothers Me:
Fancy vegan recipes. There are all these cooking websites where the rest of the cooking will be very tasty, but then the minute we hit the vegan stuff, it turns into retch-inducing kale recipes.
A commercial for Weight Watchers just said it: NO ONE SHOULD EVER HAVE TO GIVE UP PIZZA. But here I am, looking at balsamic asparagus whatevers.
Thank goodness for the sites that teach you how to take home cooking into the vegan circle. I have one surefire site that teaches you how to make brownies, mac n' cheese, and cherry scones.
Two Things That I Like:
1) This black dress I bought on sale. It is 100% cotton, machine wash and tumble dry low (the most basic washing instructions), and useful for both daytime and nighttime events based on how I accessorize. It also has POCKETS. Good grief YAY. I can't understand the point of even buying a dress I 1) have to dry clean, and 2) can't carry money a phone in (the brapocket does not count).
2) Dog Whisperer. It's calming just watching someone controlling his own life and his own situations. I've been submerged in the lives of many people who are unable to do that for themselves, and consequentially I've been stressed even though my own life is under control. So watching someone else able to control it all...that's nice. That's a relief.
Three Things That I Love:
1) Cooking. Even though most big non-specialty cooking websites have terrible vegan recipes, I am LUCKILY not yet a vegan, so the cooking is good and plentiful. I especially love the chicken cacciatore recipe I made last year, so that's going to have to happen again, soon. Even though my mother does not like it that much.
2) Hiking. I am so excited to hit the trails, this year. So far I've been planning some small stuff to the more local mountains, and then this summer my mom wants to take a trip with me, wherever I want.
BIG MOUNTAINS, says I.
3) The friends who tend to stick around.
There are some that come and go, you know? But I've figured out that, after a while, I let them just keep going. The good ones very rarely walk away (and if they do, it doesn't ever happen twice).
I think the most basic ideas of friendship are the best. A lack of conditions. Support in lieu of judgement. Always being around. Sounds corny, but if you live by those, you're likely to have friends.
If I were to randomly quote lines from commercials, they would realize how bad the spots really are.
When I get tired,
Wednesday. 5.26.10 12:35 am
Friday. 5.21.10 8:05 pm
Sunday. 5.16.10 1:29 pm
Today, I learned how to make Southern sweet tea. REAL Southern sweet tea. There was this recipe online that looked sweet enough and employed the hot tea + sugar trick rather than putting the sugar in after the mixture has cooled. If it's hot, it makes the drink almost syrupy before adding cold water, which is why Southern sweet tea tastes so radically different from Northern iced tea (other than the fact that we add like five times the amount of sugar the North does).
Cooking really is a chemistry thing. And I love chemistry, so naturally I love cooking. It's almost enough to convince me to change from political science/economics double major to chemistry.
Like middaymoon, I have a magazine coming out. Well. Ours is coming out after his school's, but it should arrive in about three to four days. A few of us are so excited--mostly the literary magazine veterans from last year. That's understandable. I mean, once you've invested two years, it's imperative that the magazine improves and flourishes. The people who are just coming in still have another few years to start really investing, for the most part. I hope they'll take advantage of what they've learned and return to help out next year's magazine. It's like I have this special place in my heart for this relatively new entity trying to take precedence in a school devoted mostly to sports. It's hard even to get students to believe that this could be cool.
I bought a bike.
It's a Schwinn Delmar Cruiser, if you're interested. The cutesy little pink one.
I don't know how I'm able to go out and ride this thing around in the daytime and still come home to beat the crap out of my punching bag. It's like I'm split in half.
So that's today. I think I might clean y room then make a shopping list full of vegan supplies, so maybe this time my veganism can survive for good.
It doesn't take away from cooking. It adds to it. Having limited usable resources and high expectations for good taste makes cooking more enjoyable, not less. It's when creativity actually comes out.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134
NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.022seconds.
|All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.|