Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
A Whale's Vagina, part 1.
Saturday, January 12, 2008 @ 2:37 am
Headache from flying + copious amounts of alcohol = no more headache + hangover tomorrow morning.
My math was never that great.
The rundown is that I'm run down.
Friday, January 11, 2008 @ 7:17 am
This is what happened, in scatterbrained sore-left-assed didn't-sleep-'til-2 I-have-no-idea-why-I'm-even-awake-right-now fashion:
- Met up with people to go bowling after work.
- Saw people I hadn't seen in years (from high school).
- Proceeded to hyperextend my left ass muscle (sorry, no anatomical terms right now--brain no worky).
- Went to TGI Fridays where good times were had with best friend from high school, a guy I went to K-8 with, and a guy I used to think was super-adorable. (Still do, actually, but in a totally different way if that makes any sense.)
- Got home waaaaaaay later than I had planned (12:30ish).
- Right before I slept, I sent an e-mail to my PI saying I wouldn't be coming in today.
- Woke up at 7:00 to feed the cats.
- Started writing this goddamn entry.
- Proceeded to go back to sleep because I am BEAT.
Now or later?
Thursday, January 10, 2008 @ 12:19 am
Later. Fuck it. I'm going to sleep.
The physics reading will have to wait for morning.
Today was... too long. Wake early. Work. Apps. Guitar. Numb fingertips. Tomorrow... physics, work, BOWLING.
At least something to look forward to.
And then Friday...
SAN DIEGO HERE I COME!
Should be nice there this weekend.
But for now...
ONE STATEMENT DOWN...
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 @ 11:12 am
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 @ 9:51 am
I just got an e-mail from my PI saying that we "should talk about [my] work schedule," indicating he is not very happy with it.
What can I do? I have classes to take, goddammit, and I cannot move those times around like I can with my work hours.
Boo. Now I'm not looking forward to going into work today after class.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 @ 9:04 am
I just found out I got a raise at my tutoring job.
$14.00/hr, up $2/hr from last quarter.
Ich bin sehr excitedlikewhoa.
Answers to life's most pressing questions.
Monday, January 7, 2008 @ 2:14 pm
1) I can wake up early enough to get to work on time, but traffic always has a way of throwing a wrench in your gears...
2) Possibly. Maybe. Maybe not? No? Yes. I MUST. If I can.
This quarter, I started a new work schedule where I go into work for only 4 hours a day. It's still 20 hours a week, but it feels so much... easier because work doesn't drag on forever before I get to move on to a different activity. Okay, so maybe it isn't the best way to train my (self-diagnosed) ADD-self to ready myself for the prospect of a lifetime of extended work periods, but for the right-here-right-now, I'm totally fine with it.
A funny thing happened to me at the Vietnamese sandwich shop. Okay, it wasn't very funny. It was more along the lines of mildly frightening. I ate a couple of spring rolls and then I had a little difficulty swallowing for a while. I was worried I might have inadvertently discovered a food allergy and I was going through anaphylaxis, but I obviously didn't die or anything. The swelling in my throat has calmed down now (without the use of an epi-pen, thank god) and it doesn't hurt anymore when I swallow, so that's a good sign. Still searching for an explanation for what happened, though...
I've got about 25 more minutes before I have to go pick up my sister from school, so I should get to work on writing about myself in an official capacity. Boo, statements of purpose.
And now we return to your regularly scheduled life. [EDITED]
Monday, January 7, 2008 @ 12:00 am
The big question is: Can I wake up early enough tomorrow to actually get to work on time?
A second, possibly bigger question: Can I muster up enough motivation to not piss away my free time when work is through?
Stay tuned for the answers...
I just realized that