Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 @ 9:22 am
Wavefunctions can kiss my ass.
I thought p-chem was the last of it, and after that class I would've been fine never seeing another ψ ever again in my life.
But then again, I never thought I'd retake physics, so I guess I walked right into it.
I guess in the context of quantum chemistry I will never see ψ again EVER. And hey, that is fine by me. But as for its re-emergence in my life through physics... I guess I will just have to deal with it. Six more weeks until the final and then I can say goodbye to ψ forever! Mwahahaha!
I am not dealing with this well. [EDIT]
Friday, May 16, 2008 @ 9:24 pm
I don't know if it's because my fuse is shorter on days like this, or if it's because the damn hot weather makes it more likely that my fuse will be lit.
EDIT: At this point, EVERYTHING is pissing me off. I'm sure there's some underlying issue at the core of my own personality that makes it so easy for me to reach the flashpoint, but regardless, I wish everything would just...fucking...WORK. And I mean that in terms of functionality and in terms of, like, working out in the end. Because today, NEITHER of those things is happening.
I should just go to sleep, but it's 90 FUCKING DEGREES in my room and now I'm sweating again. And I just took a goddamn shower, too.
IT'S TOO DAMN HOT.
Thursday, May 15, 2008 @ 1:43 pm
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 @ 8:49 pm
I have been cleaning that stupid bathtub/shower for the last 40 minutes. When I started, it was sundown, and when I quit, it was dark out.
I feel woozy from the cleaning solution fumes.
I feel sweaty from the vigorous scrubbing.
My mortal enemies are soap scum and mildew. And it looks like they've won this round.
When I began, I thought it was a 20 minute deal, tops. Looks like it's a multiple day-long project, and I just don't have the strength (or patience) to carry on today.
So maybe tomorrow, or this weekend, I'll have my shot...
And now, I'm off to take a shower. But not in the one I've been cleaning. I had thought that I could take a shower in it after it was cleaned to celebrate my victory over grime. My dream may have been deferred, but I will not let it shrivel like a raisin in the sun. But like a raisin, winning the War on Dirt shall be all the sweeter once that moment arrives!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 @ 10:00 pm
It's only 10:00 and already it's hot as balls outside.
Today, it will reach into the mid-to-upper-90s. Tomorrow, it may reach past the century mark.
And on top of all that uncomfortable-ness...the allergen counts are very, very high.
FUCK LATE SPRING. Bring back autumn and winter!
EDIT: I was just thinking about the expression "hot as balls." If we're talking about temperature, the more apt expression should be "cold as balls," since the scrotum is designed to hang away from the body in order to create a more hospitable environment for rearing sperm. Though--and I'm sure I'm in the minority here--some balls are indeed hot. But not in that way.
Monday, May 12, 2008 @ 12:01 am
Now that they are gone, my sister and I have the bathroom to ourselves. I decided to clean/fix it up.
Among the things I did in the last couple of hours (in roughly chronological order): clean out the medicine cabinet, fix the shelves in the medicine cabinet, create a cute flower arrangement, hang artwork on the walls, install a hand towel rack, get rid of their old half-used personal hygiene products, fix the doorknob so that it locks correctly, clean out the cabinets and drawers, literally Lysol the shit out of everything, update the bathroom reading material (old copies of National Geographic, Radar, and GQ), and finally, coordinate, attractively fold, and neatly lay out towels.
There still remains a lot of stuff to do to that bathroom, but I have to go to sleep, so that will have to wait for next week. And guess what: I'm actually looking forward to it.
Sunday, May 11, 2008 @ 6:01 pm
Charging $30/hr to tutor easy microbiology is the greatest fucking concept EVER.
Clarification: it was her idea to give me $30/hr for tutoring, not mine.
Don't cross me.
Sunday, May 11, 2008 @ 12:52 am
I'm EXTREMELY tired.
AND. I can't fucking STAND IT when dancers break on count 1 instead of count 2 in the fucking cha-cha.