Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
This is an update.
Friday, May 30, 2008 @ 6:47 am
After reading some movie reviews...
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 @ 9:05 am
...I remembered why I hated reading them in the first place.
Who are these people to tell me why I should like or hate a movie? As if everyone's reaction to audiovisual stimuli will be the same...
I feel like I'm going to throw up.
Monday, May 26, 2008 @ 9:37 am
I think I may understand now...
Monday, May 26, 2008 @ 8:54 am
...why Skandar Keynes (the actor who plays Edmund in the Narnia movies) is so intriguing to me.
Basically, his appearance reminds me of Matthew... but in the movies he plays a character much more badass than Matthew ever will be, and in real life (or at least, stories about how he is in real life), he's so much cheekier than Matthew ever was.
Which leads me to the conclusion...
...that since all I think about is him and how comparatively dull, boring, and utterly SAFE he was compared to this boy actor...
...that I miss him dearly.
I guess today was one of those days.
[No comments necessary. I actually wish there were a way to turn off comments on things that actually don't matter to anyone other than myself.]
Today was not a complete disaster.
Sunday, May 25, 2008 @ 9:38 pm
On the contrary: it was pretty damn awesome. I guess the moral of the story is that I should stick with my convictions regarding schedules, because if people REALLY want to see each other, it will usually work out in the end.
I might post some pics later of the parade in the Mission. That is, if I remember to re-install the newest version of Photoshop.
Before I go to bed...
Saturday, May 24, 2008 @ 10:57 pm
I think I've got everything sorted.
Saturday, May 24, 2008 @ 9:12 pm
Basically, I disclosed to everyone what I planned to do tomorrow, and if C and company can't make it, then I can't be blamed for not trying.
I just don't understand why I have to be the one that bends to everyone else's schedules. So you know what? I said, "Fuck it! I'm going to try to see everyone on my own damn time and if it doesn't work out, then tough shit, I tried!"
I am just not thrilled at the prospect of spending 30-45 minutes on a bus where I might as well stick my thumb up my ass because there's nothing better to do. The way that I scheduled it out--I get to do everything I want to do and see everyone I want to see and I don't have to waste time on a bus which means more fun-time for me.
So yeah. Take that! I'm tired of being pushed around, schedule-wise, dammit.
And you know what else? This is not at all germane to what we're talking about, but when I go to San Diego, I am going to plan a housewarming and if no one can make it, then it's their fucking loss and it's not going to stop me from throwing myself a damn party.
(Did that just make me sound a little nutso?)
Friday, May 23, 2008 @ 5:06 pm
I've got a friend, C, who I am very glad is in town for the weekend and whom I am very excited to see. Another friend, L, who lives in San Francisco, suggested that we all go out to Carnaval San Francisco which is this weekend in the Mission. I think this is a fabulous idea, and it sounds like this plan is set in stone (or at least, in very hard wood), so I make plans to BART directly to the Mission (very convenient) and meet everyone there. So for the last day or so, I've had this idea in my mind, and it sounds very, very appealing because transportation-wise, it works out beautifully.
So about 20 minutes ago, I start talking to C on Google Talk and we're both very excited to see each other on Sunday. Except now, apparently, I've got to MEET UP WITH THEM IN THE MARINA, which is a 45 minute bus ride away from ANY BART station or the Caltrain station, which means I waste my fucking time and my fucking money on the fucking BUS just because they want to eat breakfast at fucking IHOP first and then see Narnia and THEN go to the carnival (if AT ALL) and I just don't like having plans changed (or having my conceptions of the plans changed) a short time before.
Maybe it would be another story if I lived closer to San Francisco, and if I could afford the drive up and the parking, but fuck! I just want everything to be SIMPLE. SIMPLE like we planned it (or, how I think we planned it...), because I'm not at all excited to take public transit fucking far out of the way just to fucking MEET UP with people, no matter HOW much I want to see them. Seems like a waste of my time, and I HATE when my time gets wasted (unless it's a premeditated act on my part).