Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
This is the stupidest day ever.
Thursday, June 12, 2008 @ 8:03 pm
I spend more time on here when I have a ton of crap to do.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008 @ 10:16 pm
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 @ 8:39 pm
Things pushed back.
Still lots to do.
It's the same old shit in a different time frame.
Expect no regular updates.
A note to self:
Sunday, June 8, 2008 @ 10:41 am
Καὶ πίε νῦν καὶ ἔρα, Δαμόκρατες· οὐ γὰρ ἐς αἰεὶ
Cliff's notes: Carpe diem.
On Repeat: Regina Spektor's "On the Radio"
Wednesday, June 4, 2008 @ 12:53 am
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath
This is how it works:
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into some--
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again...
What's for dinner?
Sunday, June 1, 2008 @ 6:01 pm
I don't know why I'm so goddamn hungry right now. I ate a late lunch so I shouldn't be craving dinner THAT much right now, but I am. There's tortellini in the fridge that looks fucking good, and there's this marinated fresh mozzarella balls (it's fresh mozzarella soaking in a mixture of olive oil and spices) that can be put on the tortellini in the absence of a real sauce. Ugh, wish we had basil and those tiny tomatoes... that would make it PERFECT.
But I doubt that's what we're going to end up eating; there's a shitload of leftovers from a small party we threw for my aunt on Friday for her birthday. (I wish we had leftover cake--it was mango and raspberry mousse cake with white chocolate garnish...)
I need to stop thinking about food because it's making me even MORE hungry, and thus irate.
What can I do to get my mind off of food...?
Sunday, June 1, 2008 @ 8:14 pm
You know what? [EDIT]
Friday, May 30, 2008 @ 8:21 am
If you want a smarter, more successful, more talented, more attractive son, then just fucking say so.
You don't have to fucking regale me with stories of your friend's son who's a chemistry Ph.D. student at Yale who was an extra in the new Indiana Jones movie and who's married to a fucking physician who's doing her residency in Texas.
I'm sorry I fucked up at college and I'm ONLY going for my Master's, I'm sorry I'm not MARRIED yet, much less to a fucking DOCTOR, and I'm sorry I was never on either the small or the big screens.
Yeah, mom, I'm a stupid, fugly retard. I'm so fucking sorry you got stuck with a fucking loser son like me.
EDIT: Whether she means to or not, sometimes the shit that comes out of her mouth has such a negative impact on me. And if she doesn't mean to slyly hint that I am altogether inadequate, then that speaks volumes as to how I think of myself sometimes. And I know that's something I need to work on, but I think my mom needs to seriously think about the impact her words might have on people, especially when those people are her children.