Ethnicity. White Girl (Italian Ancestries)
Location Lexington, KY
» More info.
Hello, My name is Fabulous.
My life is made enjoyable by:
Art in all forms
Little Peices of Me
Subscribe to this to blog if you would like to be emailed whenever it is updated.
It's kind of funny
Friday. 2.3.12 11:31 am
Wednesday. 1.25.12 11:26 am
I was going to write a great entry today. But.. Marc stayed home from work today and he was in the bathroom with Miles and he called out "Lyndee.... hey Lyndee... can you please come in here?" right as I was starting to write. So I walk in and the sink is FULL of hair and he's been trying to give himself a haircut.. Oh God. I got it fixed up for the most part but it is definitely shorter lol.
Anyhow, I had a randomly awesome weekend this past weekend. Friday night is JiuJitsu night and two of our good friends come over and the couches get moved and the living room gets covered with mat space and they do JiuJitsu with Marc. Normally little man harasses them the first hour or so and then interupts while he's supposed to be sleeping for the next hour before finally passing out. However, this Friday I had a ton of homework to do and no time for it so my dear friend asked her mother to watch Miles. Miles knows her mom and she lives literally less than 2 miles from me and my friend was taking her 1 1/2 yr old over there for the day anyhow so Miles got to go and play from like 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening, without nap. He actually demanded bedtime well before JiuJitsu time lol. So I thought, wth I'll see if any of my friends want to come hang while the boys practice. We ended up drinking far too much wine and walking to a little restaurant/bar right down the road and we had a fab-u-lous time! It was much needed and I had done a ton of schoolwork that day so I didn't even feel guilty about it!
Saturday I got the letter I mentioned earlier, still not ready to address that though, and thankfully we had plans for that afternoon that I had really been looking forward to so I couldn't focus on it too much. Our friends husband is from Iceland and they had just gotten some delicious Icelandic yummies from his family so they had a little party so everyone could try them (how thoughtful!) and we had board game night / kid's party night too. It was so much fun but absolutely insane. We had Miles, they had their 2 kids, and 2 of the 3 other couples there also had 2 kids each. It ended up being something like 7 kids (5 or under) and 10 adults. The kids took over the girls bedroom and playroom upstairs and the grown ups took on the downstairs. We ended up playing cranium for hours, girls vs guys, while having a little ale or wine. We had more fun than we have in so long, especially Miles. All in all it was a major WIN for a weekend and I needed it.
Sunday. 1.22.12 10:15 am
Since I skipped a whole year of nutang I have a few things I feel I should catch up on so it can be mentioned later and looking through my old LJ I realize 2011 was really a crazy year and I didn't even post there about a lot of it. Here goes my last year in summary:
1. SK (Mentioned in the last few blogs before I came back) and I actually haven't spoken since the last blog I posted about our situation. I guess I really knew where we were headed.
2. My Mimi died. I spoke of it once in passing on here but not really. Technically it happened towards the end of 2010 but I just refused to deal with it or accept or acknowledge it. She actually asked me to kill her about 3 weeks before she died in a brief moment of being lucid after a horrific seizure and small stroke in her bathroom. It kind of f-d me up but it made her death easier for me to handle because I know she was ready. Still, I had a very hard time through most of last year because of it. I'm honestly still not to great at dealing with it and it's the one thing that will make me cry. She was the best person I have ever known. RIP Mimi
3. My TMJ went insane and they tried a bunch of meds on me one of which literally made me insane. I've had some oral surgery which helped alleviate some of the issues that made it flare up and it's not so bad anymore. I also don't have any wisdom teeth anymore.
4. I got really into being fit and healthy and even wore a bikini! I was forever awkward, wore huge bulky cover-ups 95% of the time BUT I wore it and I felt as comfortable as someone as awkward as me could ever feel. One of my friends even got a picture of it, the only photo of me in a swimsuit in years. Clearly I was unaware until it was facebook though lol.
5. Ok this is random and not important but I read it in my old LJ and it made me giggle and I hope at least one nutanger is sick enough to enjoy the humor in it as well. When I had all the mouth surgery and dental work I had an allergic reaction to the topical they use and it made chunks of my inner mouth flesh fall and peel off. Apparently while heavily medicated I found this hysterical and kept making zombie jokes and noises while pulling my flesh off and showing it to the husband and babysitter. Lol.
6. We filed bankruptcy. Our historical home should have never passed the inspection but we didn't contest it when it did so we couldn't do anything about it or sale it so we really had no choice. I love being back in the city though and we live in the heart of downtown too which really suits us. We also went about 6 months without a car and it was pretty easy. We still walk most everywhere, or did until it got all below freezing on me. That's why I have a car, because I hate cold.
7. My running started causing me massive pain and it turned out I had a non-cancerous tumor in my uterus and when I was running it was actually bouncing and pulling and that's why it hurt. It took my doctor nearly 5 visits to actually listen to me and the second she did she found it. I ended up having it removed a couple months ago and I'm very grateful for that to have been such a relatively easy situation.
8. I started drawing, painting, sewing and overall creating again.It's been really good for me.
9. I re-enrolled in college. I'm actually doing really good so far, but we'll see how that goes. I'm not positive of my major yet either aside from something art related. I originally wanted to do anthropology but it's not easy to find a job with it, much less a good job with good pay and not a lot of required travel. I'm still figuring it all out but at least I'm getting the basics out of the way while I do it.
10. I started working on a relationship with my dad. It's still in the works but it's a step in the right direction. I still think his girlfriend is a really bad person though.
11. I got to visit MS multiple times and I even was able to make a trip to Jackson and see all my childhood friends for the first time in years. It was so awesome and very much needed.
12. I fell asleep at a redlight long enough for a stranger to park his car, walk into the intersection and tap on my window to wake me up. It was possibly the scariest moment of my life.
13. Marc and I made the decision for him to get a vasectomy. I wanted to get permanent birth control but I can't find a doctor willing to do it because I'm under 30.
14. Sammy had to be put down. That dog was my original child and he spent his last year with my Mimi on her deathbed and I will be forever grateful for the comfort he brought her in her final moments. I know it broke my g-dads heart though because they held onto one another in the months after her death and then he had to be put down. RIP Sammy <3
15. Miles had Pneumonia multiple times and had to use his nebulizer regularly again. Thankfully he hasn't needed it in months now.
16. We had a huge falling out with the majority of Marc's family. It has been a difficult situation for us but we know we did what we had to do and it was for the best. More info on that to come very soon because of the 2 letters we got in the mail yesterday...
I guess that's the majority of it. I had some other things go on too but those will be discussed when I can deal with it and in a password entry. I will try not to hold anything back from anything nutangers but I don't like the idea of anyone on the net being able to read all my personal business. I know that doesn't seem like a summary but it was actually really shortened.
Blah blah blah
Thursday. 1.19.12 6:53 pm
Today has pretty much sucked. I forgot about an assignment due today and I have a TON of stuff due over the next 24 hours. And I'm feeling really sick all of a sudden. Hope it's not my bison chilli, it was delicious and my 2 year old ate a ton of it. Oh god, I g2g!
Wednesday. 1.18.12 2:03 pm
I always come back to you. I had a brief stint with LJ and I actually stuck with it for awhile but honestly those people are a little too into blogging for my tastes. It's like people actually get mad with you if you don't update constantly and also read their novel length entries. Not for me. I'm content being ignored when my post interests no one, I like having control over the "style" of my blog and honestly I just missed my nutang. Afterall I've had it for 6 or 7 years now, though every now and again I get to deep on it and then abandon it only to come back a few months later and decide I've gotten to personal with it and delete it all and start anew lol. Oh well, it happens. In other news I have officially become a college student again and I finished my first semester with a 4.0, whoop whoop. I'm trying to be the me I want to me, that I need to be really, and I'm just taking things one day at a time. I'm just trying to live my life and love it everyday. Hopefully I can share this journey here, I'm trying to back away from the social media craze. I've been downsizing my facebook and now that I have the timeline I'm going to clean up a lot of it too. I'm very minimalistic in my day to day life and I'm hoping to bring that over to my net life. Minus here of course. Well, I guess that's about it. Just for kicks, here's a photo summary of the entire year I was gone from Nutang:
I moved (still in KY)
I ran lots of races
My baby turned 2
I turned 26 and went platinum
I took the husband and the little man to their first College Football game
I cut my hair off, went less blonde and became a raccoon
And of course I had to change my hair color before the new year! Back to brown.. for now ;-)
Wow, I didn't mean for it to be that many photos! Well we're all caught up now lol ;-)
Dear fellow nutangians....
Monday. 12.27.10 11:33 pm
I am O-ficially homesick. The holidays are great but I miss my house, my bed, my dogs and just my daily go-abouts and whatnot.
NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.046seconds.
|All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.|