twenty more, and SCIENCE
Tuesday. 2.26.13 12:00 am
41. eBay and Amazon are essentially the only two places I shop online. Which is bad. But theyíre so easy and the free shippingÖ!
42. Studying. With big masses of information, I typically read, highlight, make a study guide for myself, and consider any sort of memory devices. With definitions and grammar, I make note cards.
43. My midterms are this week.
44. My favorite color is red, but mostly because people, for some reason, associate the color with me.
45. I really like carrying people and being carried. I think piggyback rides are fantastic.
46. I also like baths a LOT. There were about three weeks, when I first moved into the house Iím living in, when I took a bath every night.
47. I also chose this house for its clawfoot tub.
48. If you put cookies in front of me, I will probably eat all of them.
49. Sometimes I daydream about going back to eighth grade, knowing everything I know now, and setting myself up for an easy future.
50. But I canít, so now I really focus as well as I can on doing that for my future self, now. Itís just hard, when you canít see what the important aspects will be.
51. I think living like money doesnít matter is naive. Do what you love, by all means, but have a logical plan to follow through with it. Know your lifestyle.
52. I wish I saw my friends more often. Itís like we all live on different continents.
53. Iím extremely attracted to pragmatism. Itís the main thing I look for in romantic interests.
54. Probably because Iíve only had issues with people who are more emotionally-driven.
55. I dated an older guy for maybe a week, last year. It quickly ended when he mentioned his high school partying days to try to relate with me.
56. My roommate, last year, taught me how to stop conversations, and it has never failed me: ďHaha yeah.Ē It was the last thing I texted to the older guy, along with several others, and for some reason, that stops texting in its tracks and they never start up again. I donít understand this sorcery.
57. The first time I went to a college party, I ate two plates of pasta beforehand because I was afraid of getting drunk. I was the personification of Americaís alcohol education. That said, I ended up having like half a beer before realizing how much I didnít like parties. Or beer.
58. Iíd prefer going out and getting dinner/dessert/frozen yogurt/coffee/hot cocoa.
59. But anyway, then I discovered scotch and things went downhill for my ďAlCoHOl??????!11 EEEWWW!!1Ē persona.
60. I write any recipe Iím about to try on a post-it note and stick it to the inside of the cabinet above the oven. If itís too long for a post-it, it probably isnít worth making just for fun.
"Some people call me Maurice..." he mutter-sings, followed closely by the corresponding whistle. This is exactly the type of morbid comedy that manages to make me laugh out loud, as there is currently a dead rat named Maurice in front of us, its intestines hanging just slightly over the left edge of its open abdominal cavity.
Later, after he cracks the jawbones in Maurice's mouth so it hangs open awkwardly with Joker-esque, jagged cuts, he wiggles the poor rat's tongue around, then fixes his fingers around Maurice's bottom jaw, opening and closing his mouth. "Ahh, how ya doin'?" Maurice asks.
This is, apparently, what attracts me.
the next 20
Monday. 2.25.13 12:01 am
21. I'm a big list-writer. I plan everything with them, from packing for a trip to celebrations--everything. Not just shopping lists and the like. It's borderline obsessive.
22. Doctor Who is one of my favorite shows, and I sometimes see people on campus with Doctor Who t-shirts on and give them high-fives.
23. I love running into people I know more than just about anything else that happens throughout my day.
24. If I can make someone attractive smile, it makes me so giddy.
25. Even more than that, if I can make someone who really doesn't emote much laugh? It feels so rewarding.
26. If you know how to cook real Southern food, we're immediately friends.
27. I am completely in love with everything Anne Hathaway says or does.
28. This year brought about the first time I've ever ended on bad terms with a boyfriend (--or, an ex-boyfriend, by then, but it's still bad terms).
29. And so I'm left with this awkward, "What do I do with the elephant he got me" feeling, because I don't really want to look at it, and I'm not sentimental enough to keep it somewhere, and I'm not rude enough to toss it, and I'm not evil enough to sell it, so it's just sitting on my top shelf, waiting for judgement day.
29.5. I just realized that this makes it THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM
30. I've never liked any living situation where I couldn't walk around naked at any given moment.
31. Hoping for a private backyard, when I get my own place. Not much else matters.
32. I've been thinking more and more about getting my motorcycle license. My car is getting old and unreliable.
33. I think it's really aggravating how America makes it seem like people admitting to their faults is enough. Yeah, you still have to work on them! You can't just go, "Yeah I'm a shitty person and that is very unfortunate."
34. From what I've seen, there are very few straight, single males on my campus who are educated without being unstable.
35. My neighbors are very noisy.
36. The house I live in is lovely, but I can't wait to get back on campus. Next year will be much easier.
37. My favorite foods when I was a kid were chicken and dumplings soup and white cheddar shells.
38. I was not a thin kid.
39. I like the idea of living somewhere tropical, maybe near the beach. Mosquito nets, screened-in porches, wooden chimes, greenery everywhere outside... It always sounded perfect.
40. I have a lot more composure than I used to. Even though I still talk at the speed of light if you get me angry enough.
Sunday. 2.24.13 1:21 am
I'M GOING FOR THE GOLD AND USING THE LAST FIVE DAYS TO TACKLE THE 100 FACT CHALLENGE ROUND TWO.
TWENTY QUALITY FACTS PER DAY, STARTING NOW.
1. I love knowing how to cook. Thereís a certain gratification that comes with being able to mix up some cookies or a good sauce without consulting a recipe.
2. Also, I love cute couples. Itís different if itís all about emotional photos or kissing whereverÖ what Iím talking about, here, are couples who just glow with happiness, even when theyíre just walking down the street together. They give me a lot of hope.
3. Iím big on equality.
4. But Iím also still learning.
5. My favorite musical artists are Dead Manís Bones, Bon Iver, and The Black Keys.
6. I love snail mail. Thereís nothing quite as awesome as sending someone a package.
7. Much like cats with people who have allergies, children naturally gravitate towards me so strongly that I'm afraid they're going to start to maintain orbit. NO, NO PIGGYBACK RIDES okay maybe one
8. I own an obscene amount of bathing suits, partially due to the fact that I havenít grown since fifth grade, and partially due to the fact that I love the beach and have to have several just so my other ones can have time to soak and dry.
9. Iíve been contemplating writing my own student cookbook, since I have yet to find one that is both healthy, easy, and cheapÖand all of my personal recipes are healthy, easy, and cheap.
10. I love wearing other schoolsí t-shirts.
11. Iím more afraid of ending up with the wrong person than I am of being alone.
12. I apologize to and thank all the things I dissect in Biology lab.
13. But I still shake when making the incisions.
14. I like the idea of having nieces and nephews sleep over, when I own my own home and whatnot, but the prospect of having children of my own has never interested me.
15. People give me a hard time about that, claiming that Iím too young to understand wanting children. No, youíre too closed-minded to understand emphatically not wanting children. Thereís a difference. Some people are not like you.
16. Sometimes I feel really hopeless when I sit on my perch, on campus, and listen to the conversations of people passing below.
17. I like McDonaldís.
18. I hate people who shame people who like McDonaldís. Making others feel sucky about their choices doesnít make you look any less like something that would come out of a horseís butt, so cheers.
19. I used the phrase ďsweating my balls offĒ in conversation, last night, and now Iím thinking that may have been a date. This realization sent me into raucous laughter.
20. People pay for my dinner a lot without it being a date, though, so I can never tell. In related news, Iím not really sure why my friends all decide to pay for my meals. I love them and owe them.
Saturday. 2.23.13 4:04 pm
...I SLEPT SEVENTEEN HOURS.
So I postponed my trip to California till May. My aunt basically told me that this was a good thing, because I'm turning 21 in April, so the timing would be spectacular.
So I guess my aunt wants me to go drinking with her.
Which is kind of what I always hoped to see in my experiences with my family. Being a kid and witnessing all the weird pranks they'd pull on each other was cool, but I'd like even more to kind of be in that club...which you don't really get to do until around age nineteen, when they start seeing you as someone who's experienced something worth talking about. All they used to have to talk about with me was the list of my accomplishments, and how much can you really say about an academic achievement award...? I mean, sixteen-year-olds rarely study up on their politics, and even if they do, they even more rarely feel personally impacted by the country's decisions. Now that I'm paying for shit the government wants and having my rights restricted, I'm feeling a little more passionate, here.
Sitting at the kid table always sucks.
I think completing that 100 facts challenge a second time should be how we all complete our last five days. Twenty facts a day.
JUST TO ADD ON TO THE FURY OF THIS CHALLENGE.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.018seconds.
|All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.|