Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
319th day of 2010
His scent lingered on the bedsheets; the smell of his shampoo on the pillowcase, taunting me. His discarded boxers hanging over the edge of the bed, socks tangled in the comforter. I closed my eyes and all I could see, somewhere in the darkness, was him.
I couldn't sleep, his visage peering at me from the recesses of my imagination. I threw the blanket off of me and spring off of his bed. I slid the door open and locked it behind me with the key, extracted a cigarette from its box, and lit it. The moonlit smoke dispersed gently into the chilling night wind--smoke signals sent into the sky, hopefully headed northbound: "Come back home."
I came back into the poolhouse, brushed my teeth and washed my face a second time. I settled back into his bed, pulled the covers close--hardly an adequate substitute for what was really missing--and rubbed my feet together to generate heat. I closed my eyes, and again, all I could see was him. But this time he stepped closer, leaned into my ear, and whispered something in a language that we only speak and understand in dreams... and I drifted off to sleep.
Friday. 11.12.10 2:27 pm
ME: Let me know u reached Seattle in one piece!
HIM: Just got in, thx 4 the concern no one in my family possesses
You're wrong. Because I consider you family. So yeah, your family cares.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
He promised to make it up to me tonight for being a stupid fucking prick this weekend. I wonder what this entails.
I could think of a few things he could do that would definitely make up for it...
11/06/2010 12:55:16 AM
303th day of 2010
Before he left this morning, he leaned over me and tousled my hair.
"What was that for?"
"Just to say that I hope you feel better."
"I already do."
10/29/10 7:29 AM EST
he's sleep ing in my bed. i let him crash there.
im goign to drink some whiskey so i can ee and then conveintnly forget he's in my bed lol.
oopsl sorry is eem to have forgotten you were here.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Apologized for my behavior on Saturday.
I missed Alex a lot. I missed us cooking together. That was always my favorite thing about him: he loves learning new things in the kitchen.
Never again will I neglect to take my meds 3 days in a row.
No dates = too much time on my hands
He drowns in his dreams
An exquisite extreme, I know
He's as damned as he seems
And more heaven than a heart could hold
And if I try to save him
My whole world would cave in
It just ain't right
Lord, it just ain't right
Oh, and I don't know
I don't know what he's after
But he's so beautiful
He's such a beautiful disaster
And if I could hold on
Through the tears and laughter
Lord, Would it be beautiful?
Or just a beautiful disaster?