*MeOws..... oF YeSterDaY*
Books I have completed reading since January 2018:
1. No Man's Nightingale - Ruth Rendell
2. One Day - David Nicholls
3. The Door - Margaret Atwood
Friends and Enemies
Akatsuki: Nightmares & Dreamscapes
-beats in my head-
Chika-Chin's Anime Mania!
empty white space
In My World
My Blah blah Bulogu
My Little World
Sdovelly~ c'est la vie
Serene's Silent Secrets
Shuffle and Repear
Tolanic's Travel Blog
Ugly Malaysians ...
Friday. 12.29.06 9:05 pm
Oh well, this is my 4th attempt to open the 'publish new blog entry' page in 30 minutes. Can't blame the blog server since its not their fault but it was caused by the unexpected earthquake in Taiwan. This event brought surprises from all around the world since no one expected something like this to affect the telecommunication server. I was not surprised at all because I can't use the internet for the past few days as I was busy moving into a new office. What's more is I seldom use internet in my house despite having broadband.
The title must be surprising to you all of you. It's actually a title of an article I read in the newspaper today. The writer wrote that how selfish Malaysians are when some of us complained just because they can't download or blog. Haha.. unfortunately this includes me as well because I was cursing for the slow internet when I could not reply my lecturer this morning, not even considering the fate and the welfare of the earthquake victims. Yes... this morning I was very selfish. =p I guess Malaysians and other people have become uite selfish and inconsiderate. Or we are too comfortable with our lives that we have forgotten how much of sufferings weighing down on other people's shoulder. I think this is an element in a human being that is facing extinction. Don't you guys agree?
On the greener side, I was pretty shocked that my boss informed of my new responsibilities. Shocked because my premonition came true. I got this premonition on my first day of work. And I have this small voice telling me bla bla and I went 'yea right'. Haha .... 3 months later ... my boss repeated what my little voice just said. XD. Unbelievable yea?!
Cocktail Florida (Recipe)
Thursday. 12.28.06 9:28 pm
2 oranges, cut into segments
2 grapefruits, cut into segments
olive oil to taste
1. Arrange the orange and grapefruit segments in a glass and chill in the refrigerator.
2. Drizzle with olive oil.
* This recipe is simple and interesting right? Serve as a cold, refreshing appetiser.
Preserved Lemons (Recipe)
Thursday. 12.28.06 8:39 pm
2 tbsp coarse salt
extra lemon peel
1. Using a brush, clean lemons under running water. If lemons are very firm, soak them overnight or until slightly softened - this makes it easier to pack the lemons tightly in the jar. Quarter the lemons but do not cut all the way through, so that the lemon is still intact. Fill the cuts with salt and pack them tightly into a clean jar, squashing them in. Sprinkle generously with salt as you build the layers, and fill the gaps by stuffing with the extra peel. Cover with lid and set aside in a cool place for 3 days.
2. After that time, the lemons will be soaking in their own juices and will have softened a little - press them down further and top with boiled water until lemons are completely submerged. Keep the lemons submerged with a weight [ or you will find mould growing on the exposed parts - simply remove affected parts] and cover with lid. Leave in a dark, cool place for at least 3 weeks. Keep well for 1 month - for longer storage, refrigerate with the soaking liquid.
*It's important to choose a suitably-sized jar so that the lemons and salt can be packed tightly. To avoid contamination, sterilise the jar and lid first by boiling, and use only boiled water to fill the jar.
Chicken with Preserved Lemon
Thursday. 12.28.06 8:22 pm
4 chicken thighs
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
some preserved lemons
1 g saffron
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 (5cm) cinnamon stick
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 onions, sliced
500 ml chicken ctock
2 preserved lemons
3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate the chicken with the garlic, black pepper and olive oil. Rub the marinade on the chicken and set aside, covered in cling film, in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
2. Heat a little olive oil in the pan and fry the chicken until all sides begin to brown. Add the spice mix and onions. Stir-fry over high heat for a few minutes. Add the chicken stock, bring to boil, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Add preserved lemons and continue to simmer and continue to simmer until reduced. Add the parsley and season to taste. Serve with couscous, rice or flatbread.
* This recipe looks real yum in the picture. I'm now mouth watering to be frank. Happy cooking for New Year.
Missing In Action
Thursday. 12.28.06 8:12 pm
Sorry for being missing in action for the past few days because I was helping my workmates and myself to move to a new office. Yea.. hard day labour work. We still need to set up the computers and the internet configuration. Argh .... this is aggravating our sufferings. But of course I will still update my blog as usual.
Another few more days to a New Year ..... dum dum dum....
Sunday. 12.24.06 2:17 pm
Gosh.. today is Christmas Eve. I was invited to my aunt's Christmas Eve dinner but unfortunately, I'm so tired and I have already declined the invitation. So tonight would be wonderful since it's a habit of mine to celebrate this kind of big events in solitary. Yay ... I'm so happy!!! But the problem is my mum and sister will be having good food for today's special day and I'm going to eat instant noodle or some pasta??? Hmm.. that doesn't sound very balancing .... But oh well, being alone is much better ... Alamak! I don't think I still have my Chipmunk Xmas songs..... If yes, I would be able to croak in my house ... Bwahaahahahahah
What are you guys gonna do tonight? I'm just going to sleep early tonight!!!
P.S: Will be having another movie and food review later I guess..... depending what I have for dinner tonight.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.025seconds.
|All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.|