*MeOws..... oF YeSterDaY*
Books I have completed reading since January 2018:
1. No Man's Nightingale - Ruth Rendell
2. One Day - David Nicholls
3. The Door - Margaret Atwood
Friends and Enemies
Akatsuki: Nightmares & Dreamscapes
-beats in my head-
Chika-Chin's Anime Mania!
empty white space
In My World
My Blah blah Bulogu
My Little World
Sdovelly~ c'est la vie
Serene's Silent Secrets
Shuffle and Repear
Tolanic's Travel Blog
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
200g shelled pistachios, toasted and finely chopped
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
120g butter, melted
240g chocolate, chopped
780g cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salts
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
120g chocolate, chopped
1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp heavy cream
1. For the crust: combine chopped pistachios, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a small bowl. Wrap a 22cm cardboard cake circle with plastic wrap. Carefully press the nut mixture onto the cake circle, making sure to cover it completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least for 1 hour.
2. For the cake: Preheat the oven to 160 C. Encase the outside of a 22cm round springform pan in a luminium foil and set aside. Have ready a large roasting pan and kettle of just-boiled water.
3. In a small bowl, melt the chocolate gently over a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
4. Beat cream cheese, sugar and salt with a mixer on low speed until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add cream and vanilla extract. With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the batter into the pan, then place the pan in the bigger roasting pan. Transfer to the middle oven rack, and pour boiled water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the side of the springform pan.
6. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until the top is just set. The cake should jiggle slightly when the pan is tapped. Remove pan from the oven and cool on a rack. Cover with aluminium foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. For the ganache topping: Bring the cream to a boil, then pour over chopped chocolate in the bowl. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
8. To assemble: Loosen cheesecake by carefully running a warm, dry knife around the inside edge of the springform pan. Unhinge the sides of the pan and remove. Leave the springform pan bottom under the cheesecake.
9. Invert the pistachio crust onto the top of the cheesecake and carefully peel off the cake circle and plastic wrap while gently pressing the crust into the cheesecake.
10. Place a serving plate on top of the crust, then invert the cheesecake. Remove the springform bottom that is now at the top. Slide a knife under it, if necessary. Pour the ganache on the cheesecake and spread to cover the top. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios, if desired.
11. Refrigerated for several hours or better yet, overnight.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
240g cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Cream butter and cream cheese until well blended.
2. Add sugar and mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and mix until fluffy. Blend flour into mixture.
3. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Get over your rice bowl
Monday, March 5, 2007
I am exhausted. Hopefully I will dream of leng chai again tonight. I'm so exhausted that I can't breathe, my head is throbbing and my eyes are bulging. But of course I want my leng chai. Bwahahaha
Because I was tired, I told my friend who is a manager that earns 5 figures a month that I was exhausted. She told me why I should fret over a job that is less than RM 2 000. I looked at her and could see her sinister smile. But I'm not mad because why should I? Just think for a sec. What is the point of having endless money without having a fulfilled life? Why live a regretful life even if you have so much money? What is the point of having so much money even you don't know what's going on with this world? She's like that. I tried to dig info about her interests whatsoever and discover that she only loves money. She doesn't know anything about environment, politics or some big murder cases. She only knows about money. What is the point of having so much money but if you are just an empty person? Money is not everything.
I'm gravely concern for living a regretful life. I have seen adults wasting their time idling in homes doing nothing just because they think they are old and useless to do anything except waiting for death. Is life all about this? I'm honest to myself that I don't want to die young. Even if I were to die young, I would die as a knowledgeable person who has no regrets. A person who has 'been there and done that.' This is what I care. This is what I call life.
So get over your rice bowl.
Sunday, March 4, 2007
I know I have been missing for too long but I was too tired to update the blog. Imagine I have been sleeping after 12 am since the last blog entry. I was attending night classes, wedding dinner and then stress with my workloads. And then on Saturday, I was so tired until I dreamed of marrying some unknown lengchai[handsome] during my afternoon nap. No joke. But oh well, the dream was overall cute. And yea now sobbing because jolenesiah has totally forgotten about me. *Blame the tigers in Pahang*
I had my scalp treatment today in my regular hair saloon. And you know what? I made one of the hairdressers to wash his hand before touching my hair. How? Why? Easy. He was mopping the floor after one of his workmates finished sweeping. Then he returned the mop into its original position. My eyes were on him all the time. He came out from the storeroom too fast. That indicated he didn't even bothered to wash his hand. So when he attended to my hair, I avoided his touch and asked him " Did you wash your hands after touching the mop." He looked at me with a big question mark, he replied "NO" vey innocently. And then I said "Please wash your hands" 3 times to him. He just looked at me without a hinge of understanding what he did. We just laughed. But he did washed his hands. Let just say I'm a hygiene freak.
My won-tai-ful [wonderful] accent
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
I actually not in the mood to update my blog but I just couldn't help myself when I saw something intresting on jolenesiah's blog. My accent is:
So what does this mean? I can be a seiyuu [voice over]? If yes, where can I be one? Even someone from KLPAC asked me if I'm interested to take acting lessons.
Are we all going to die?
Sunday, February 25, 2007
I spent my holidays thinking of the future of humanity; war, environmental catastrophe, bla bla. They just make my head spins whenever I try to think the fate of humanity. Are we all going to die in a war, global warming or by breathing in too much depleted uranium in our air borderless? I dreamed of me in a war happening place where I just hid under the table with some soldiers in the same room as me. In the dream, I felt the hunger and thirst and it reminded me that I was so lucky to eat anytime I like. Am I not appreciating this luxury now? There will be a global warming movie hitting the cinema soon in Malaysia soon. I just applied for a free premier ticket from YTL. Hopefully I get them because I just want to escape from office. Bwahaha. But really it's much sadder because global warming is a man made tragedy. How are we going to clean it up? The amount of trees we have and the amount of CO2 we are emitting is not balance. How are we going to clean it up? They say plant a tree.. how much of trees do we need? Are we not too late? Says who being an environmentalist is easy?
But this gives me an idea. Why don't I just rent out or sell my books and manga to people as second hand so that publishers don't have to buy more papers to publish? Will this action reduce the amount of papers we use? And you know what? I'm serious about doing this since I'm trying to build my own library in my miny apartment.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
NuTang is the first web site to implement PPGY Technology. This page was generated in 0.030seconds.
|All content © Copyright 2003-2047 NuTang.com and respective members. Contact us at NuTang[AT]gmail.com.|