Why is it that I put a PAIR of socks into the washing machine and only get one back? I could swear that I put them BOTH in the washer and BOTH in the dryer and yet when I begin to separate the wash and fold the clothes there is always at least one orphan. There have been times when I got someone else's sock in my wash. How does this happen?
All women want to know the key to success. How do we define ourselves in society? Well, an article I read, written by Barbara Moss, answers such questions.
A survey was conducted. Included in this survey were accomplished, university-educated women in their late 30s to mid-50s. Some held senior positions in business, government and the not-for-profit and cultural sectors. Some had left marquee jobs to pursue a passion -- start a business, write or follow other personal interests. These were the top 5 answers.
1. Know yourself. This knowledge is the foundationf for making effective career and life decisions. If your job does not require your best skills or calls for you to act like someone you aren't, find another role.
2. Act on what is most important to you. Refuse to put on the back burner the things you care deeply about. Make a date with yourself at the end of each week and ask: What did I learn? Which of my values are being met? Looking to the future: How can I make my work a better fit with what I need? Don't drift. Make conscious decisions. Defend your personal time aggressively. Start thinking about the legacy you want to leave.
3. Maintain your integrity Stay firm on the issues that go to the core of what you believe in.
4. Distinguish between the big issues and the smaller ones Ask yourself, "Is this really important?" As tempting as it can be to let it rip, consider the consequences. Similarly, be open to influence.
5. Dont make work the centerpiece of your identity Many survey respondents regretted having put their work before their personal lives and having made too many sacrifices for their jobs. You can't cuddle or giggle with your job at the end of the day.
Refurbished iPod supply dwindles
Apple's refurbished iPod offerings have dwindled to just two items following the busiest shopping day of the year. The company's 4GB iPod nano ($149) and its iPod Hi-Fi ($299) appear as the only remaining refurbished iPod-related items in the U.S.
Sitting up straight, something many of us are taught from a very early age, is not good for your back, say researchers from Scotland and Canada. They found that sitting up straight strains your back unnecessarily. Ideally, you should lean slightly back, at an angle of about 135 degrees, they say.
So relax and sit back. Dont confuse this with slouching but just lounging and relieve the stress on your back. :)
You know how when someone does something bad to you, you try to forgive them. But when they do it over and over again you just get so pissed. Well, I had a friend like that and I told her, "you are really pushing me to the limit and if you dont stop now, you may just lose me as a friend." I mean I was really understanding, patient and forgiving but she was being a persistant ASS. She pushed me so far that I try to avoid places that I know she will be and also I have not talked to her in over 4 years.
Just the other day I get phone call saying that she was in the hospital because she had a heart attack. I could not feel any remorse for her. The things she did to me were beyond unforgiveable. One of them was pulling out a gun and telling me if I turn around and walk out the door she would shoot me or herself. What a psycho, nut job!
I was brave enough at the time to turn around and walk out. I did not want any part of this psycho trip. She use to do drugs so I dont know if there was any brain damage done. What am I saying?? That behavior was NOT normal.
Tonight we decorated the tree. I usually dont get a tree until the week of Christmas because I usually cant afford one. So last year I purchased a fake tree so that we can put it up every year on Dec. 1st. We assembled it yesterday and decorated it today. It was so nice to come home to the apartment with only the christmas tree lights on.
I do not like christmas. It is such a depressing time of year. But I have to admit, it is nice to see the tree.